Why do I desire to sleep so much?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

cogent8
Sleep is amazing, I think that’s a universal thought. Perhaps you’re constantly fatigued by the activities you do throughout the day, or maybe you don’t sleep enough in the night. Yawning is also contagious, and causes drowsiness in people. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, just make sure that you’re able to have a healthy amount of sleep every night that allows you to do the activities for the next day, and the day after that, and so forth. Everyone loves sleep, and perhaps you value it a lot as I do too. Are you often tired during the day?
Anonymous
It can vary from person to person, so the best place to start is to look within. For a number of people sleep acts as an escape from ongoing life stresses. It serves as a 'time out' effectively. For others, an undiagnosed physical or psychiatric condition may be the catalyst. Monitoring your sleeping habits is helpful in identifying patterns. There are also emotional tracking apps available that allow you to note down your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Sleep isn't a bad thing, sometimes it really is needed in times of high stress. Monitoring and self discovery is key to your question.