Is anxiety common? Am I alone in this?

Brooke Bowen, LPC

My approach is nonjudgmental, supportive, & interactive. I want to understand my clients' pasts & help them cope with the present so they can have a happy & fulfilling future.

Crye
You are not alone and it's common. In a way, virtually no one is safe from anxiety. I think feeling anxiety sometimes is different from having an anxiety disorder. The same way sadness is different from clinical depression. Is that right?
PaperGhostie
Stress and anxiety go hand-in-hand, therefore anxiety is very common. Living with it on a daily basis makes it feel like you're alone, but you're not.
Anonymous
Yes, it is, you are never alone in this, anxiety is very common, even I have anxiety so don't feel alone because you are not
Anonymous
It's very common. Even the most confident of people get it. Can come without any shape or form of warning
Anonymous
You are not alone at all. Many people all around the world suffer from many different forms of anxiety. Everybody feels anxiety at least once in their lifes.
EmpathyLoveAndHope
Anxiety is quite common, and the types of anxiety there are stretches wide. You are not alone in this. We are all standing together against anxiety
ObsidianMoon
February 2nd, 2016 12:01am
No one is ever alone. With any life experience you have there's always at least one other person experiencing it too. If not more. And anxiety has affected so many people that I know that; if anything, it's more common than to not have it. One of the worst feelings with anxiety is to feel like you are alone and that no one else can understand but there are so many people who can, rest assured you are never alone in this and we are all fighting it together.
EllaLoves
Anxiety is very common, in fact is one of the most commonly diagnosed illnesses in the DSM-V, you are NOT alone in this.
heavenPainting21
February 23rd, 2016 4:54pm
anxiety is very common just a lot don't mention it but you ate not alone with it , it's becoming more talked about now though .
ElleFriend
nobody is alone in anxiety its whether you want to be alone to be honest x
SakuraSkye
I used to think it was very uncommon, because I don't know of anyone else at my school who suffered from it. But since joining this website, I have discovered that many people have it, and understand how I feel.
Anonymous
Anxiety, unfortunately, is so common! I myself have struggled with severe anxiety for over a decade, and I know numerous people who have struggled like myself. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
uniquecreature41
Incredibly so, society in general is only just catching up with this fact. Most people you interact with on a daily basis have suffered with anxiety at least once in their lives. It's very likely that some of those will have had to battle it on more than one occasion. Anxiety can strike anyone at any time, regardless of your social standing, wealth or health. Therapy can be a very useful tool in helping you overcome this stifling condition.
CharleyR
August 22nd, 2016 9:23pm
You definitely aren't alone. Anxiety is really quite common, whether it's for a brief time or long term, and most people experience it at some point in their life
ThePosea
Anxiety seems to be quite a common psychological disorder for some reason, probably has something to do with how society has developed itself. So, you aren't alone and if you feel the need to talk about with someone about it, that's what 7cups is for :)
BooksHugsandTea6370
Dear friend who asked this .... You are certainly not alone! It seems to me that anxiety is very common - I guess it depends on the degree of it, like how much does feeling anxious affect your life? Does it prevent you from doing things, even things that you would really like to do? Does anxiety interrupt your daily life? There are a lot of 'levels' of anxiety, but let me assure you - You are NOT alone in feeling anxious.
ObjectiveRationale
Anxiety is extremely common. Most people have anxiety, but I think most people are really good at hiding it, so we never know who is anxious and thus feel more alienated by our own anxiety.
Anonymous
You are not alone. No one is completely alone in any ailment especially anxiety. There are many people with anxiety. I am currently struggling with it. Sometimes you just need to look in the right places to find the people who are struggling in the same way as you.
Jennifer164
Anxiety is a common disorder,you are not alone in this . You'll find a lot of people here managing with anxiety in case you feel better after you get people that can relate to you.
Anxiety is very common so you are definitely not alone. Having said that you might want to search for professional help to help you manage it.
cherryblossomsss
Anxiety is one of the most common disorders, and you are definitely not alone. I was diagnosed with anxiety a few years ago, but these days, it’s improved as I have discovered different techniques for coping, like the 4-7-8 method. Anxiety is an extremely difficult thing to live with, and it’s necessary that we treat it with importance. You are not alone.