Is anxiety common? Am I alone in this?

Brooke Bowen, LPC

My approach is nonjudgmental, supportive, & interactive. I want to understand my clients' pasts & help them cope with the present so they can have a happy & fulfilling future.

KriemhildGretchen
You're never alone, anxiety is something normal what people experience when they are on pressure~ You need to relax and go for it!
TellMeAboutIt
anxiety is very common actually it happens in everyday lives and also no one is alone there are other people on the earth besides you and it helps that there are always people in your town, state , and country. the point is your not alone and anxiety is common.
Gi
Yes it is. The difference is some people have it so bad they can do things; But we all feel insecure about something. If its too much and stops us from doing things, the best is look for professional help.
Anonymous
You are not alone in this. I have anxiety as well, and I know many people who have aswell. We are not alone in this, we are with a million others!
Anonymous
Even the ones that speak most may actually have anxiety. You are never alone. Anxiety is something that makes people get scared without a reason at all, many encounter this kind of problem.
Anonymous
Anxieties are found in every human being, but in different kinds, so no. You're not alone in that. :)
OQuinn
There's different types of anxiety. You can be rich and have it, you can have the world between your hand and still have it. It's most common in teenagers and adults under stress.
RainbowsAndChocolate
Oh, hun, believe me, you are not the only one with anxiety. I know anxiety, I think it's very common. There are so many people going through what you're going through, and you can talk to any one of them. (which is kind of the point of this place :) )
Anonymous
Anxiety is the most common of all mental health issues. "Research into these disorders has shown that up to 1 in 4 adults will have an anxiety disorder in their lifetime, and that up to 1 in 10 people will have an anxiety disorder each year." You are not alone in your anxiety. 7 Cups is here to help and support you!
Anonymous
Anxiety is quite common and many people suffer from it. You are definitely not alone. I, and many others, suffer from anxiety and often have anxiety attacks.
Misslexiekraft
Anxiety is absolutely common! 1 in 3 people in the US alone struggle with anxiety. And I believe the other 2 out of 3 just haven't experienced it yet! I too struggle with a Generalized Anxiety Disorder. You are not alone in this, ever. There are so many people out there, just like you. Your story is important and there are so many people who want to be kind and lend a listening ear and support you through this journey.
Openminded
Nowadays a lot of people suffer from anxiety. Some reasons are the job, relationships,financial problems, traumatic experiences and so on.
Uniqueg
It's very common your not alone, anxiety comes in different forms and levels! It might be helpful to talk to someone about it if you feel comfortable with that.
Anonymous
Yes, anxiety is something really common. Many people struggle with it, in many different levels. You're definitely not alone. Many people in your eveyday life are going through the same thing.
Priscilaxx
Anxiety is very common. You are not alone, I can promise you this. Many people get those jitters too. You can find many people on 7 cups who can relate and you can talk to about anxiety.
Anonymous
Statistically, anxiety affects approximately 1.5 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year (about 3.3 million adults). You are not alone in this and you are supported by all of us.
Anonymous
Everyone on earth experiences anxiety in some situations, but the anxiety experienced by the 'average' person is different from the type of anxiety that comes with an anxiety disorder. And you would not be alone in feeling either. Anxiety disorders are fairly common types of mental illness and they're very much treatable with the right help and techniques.
Anonymous
No you're not alone, many people are suffering from anxiety. You can get help and can learn how to deal better with your anxiety.
bunniesgomoo
No of course you're not alone; a lot of people I know experience anxiety but don't often know it! A lot of the time, people say that they're feeling 'nervous' because of the connotations that come with anxiety. But you are definitely not alone and it is very common for you to feel anxious; there's lots of people to support and listen to you
NotDownYet
Anxiety is really common. You are totally not alone. Many people have some sort of anxiety disorder, and even more have felt anxious at one point or another. If you are in a room with 4 other people, I'd say about 80% of you have had some sort of anxiety.
Mugiwara
Very, very common. A lot of people have anxiety disorders without actively realizing it or doing anything against it. You are not alone.
Anonymous
Anxiety is very common and you are most definitely not alone. There are so many things to reduce anxiety like pills, lavendar, going on walks in places you love that don't have many people there etc..... So many people go through this sort of thing and you aren't alone in this. There are loads of things that can help you get through this.
KatHellsing
Yes, anxiety is common for people. Personally I think that everyone has at least one type of anxiety. It's just that some people know how to deal and cope with anxiety, so it can be a little bit harder to detect.
Ginieboops
Of course you are never alone, 2/8 people suffer from some form of anxiety and even those who don't there are always going to be people you can turn to for protection, encouragement and just an ear to listen to.
politeRaspberries303
I am not sure if it is "common" but you are not alone. I, too, experience anxiety from time to time.
Origamidragons
Anxiety is very common. It just may not seem like it, because people who suffer from it often hide it for fear of being judged. But you are not in any way alone.
zaix
I think that a lot of people have anxiety, because even the smallest things can be considered anxiety symptoms. I think almost everyone has some kind of anxiety. I don't think a lot of people even realize they have anxiety because most of the people around them explain these same symptoms. So, you're not alone at all.
Maisie4y
You are in no way alone. Anxiety is an incredibly common problem with wildly varying causes and severities. Many people who suffer from anxiety just don't admit it, making it seem like there are far fewer of them than there actually are.
Claire91
Anxiety is incredibly common! You are certainly not alone in this.
Alicat711
Anxiety is so much more common than you think. Many people struggle with anxiety and no one has a clue. You're never alone!