I can't get over my first love. What should I do?

Jessica McDaniel, LPC, LCPC

I have been practicing cognitive behavioral psychotherapy since 2007 with a diverse group of adult clients with various diagnoses, all races, and socioeconomic classes.

Anonymous
Getting over your first love is difficult, i know understand. Been there. But it takes time. Patience is a virtue. You will find someone who is worthy of your love.
Anonymous
Take time to feel, dont supress the emotion, make sure you are safe and if feeling to overwhelmed with the thoughts, take a break and come back to it later. It hurts noww but time always helps situations like this. I recently broke up with the boy i love after nine months. It still hurts. Hurting is normal, never forget that. Have you tried talking it out with people? in many cases talking with someone trusted helps a person get through hard times. Im sorry that you are having a hard time getting over this person and i hope that you are in a safe place and are able to get through this soon.