Should I delete all pictures of my ex?

Should I delete all pictures of my ex?

Brenda Munroe, LCSW

As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), I have worked with individuals of all ages. My work with clients is supportive, interactive and nonjudgmental.

distinctBurrito
Yes you should delete the picture of your ex because that's one of the ways to move on. And the main thing to move on is to get over them, if you're feeling sad about the break up then yes you should delete them.
Anonymous
Yes, delete everything that associates with your ex. it's better to move on and keep yourself occupied.
Anonymous
No, look at them as a reminder of the mistake you made when ever you feel like you are going to make that mistake again.
BookLovingKitten
Ask yourself the following questions; a) Was it a bad break up? b) Did your ex physically hurt you? c) Do you have happy memories of your own not involving your ex in some of the pictures? d) Does looking at the pictures cause you any form of emotional anxiety or depression? Depending on your answers to these questions, it would be a good idea to at first put the pictures in a place that is out of sight and mind. And you can reassess after a period of healing.
Anonymous
They are also your memories, and you shouldn't delete them just because your relationship is over. Unless they bother you and remind you of unhappy times.
Preferably yes. This is because pictures speaks a thousand words and you can trigger memories and sadness when you look at them.
Anonymous
I usually delete them. because in my opinion, an ex is an ex. There is no need to look back at your ex.
littleanabelle
Keeping pictures of your ex, could result into deeper heartbreak. I would say delete the majority of them and leave about two of your favorites. Don't erase every good memory you had during the relationship. It'll help you grow.
Alwayshereforyou11
You should absolutely do that if you don't want a relationship with him / her in the future.
sweetlinda22
it's probably best if you are ready to let go. keeping pictures will interfere with your process of moving on. you will always wonder and try to convince yourself that maybe it ended too soon. if you are sure you are ready to move on, delete the pictures.
musicalDew34
No... keep 1 picture of him so that when u see that pic u realize that u r strong enough to let things go
Anonymous
Yes I did that it helped to not get tempted to revisit those days/memories back until I am sure I can deal with it
Anonymous
Yes try to move on if there is no hope of you getting back together then move on remember life is like riding a bike to keep your balance you must keep moving forward.
ProudBohemian
That depends on the number. Like a mature person you shouldn't delete those pictures. Is a part of your past
chamomilewizard
It really depends. If they are seriously causing you excess stress, then yes. If the breakup was painful for you, then yes. If it causes you any measure of pain to keep them, then yes.
verilylovely
Depends. Ex's can bring their fair share of bad memories and heart ache. If thats the case, then perhaps it would be better to delete photos that could trigger unhappy or hurtful memories or feelings. However, if you have happy memories with this person, and you feel content with being broken up/ you're over it. Keeping a few good photos for good memories poses no harm.
Anonymous
If pictures of your ex still triggers very negative emotions about the relationship or yourself, then yes.
AppleJuice1314
yes! because if you still have a feelling with him/her secretly...it will make you hurt your feeling. this things going to make you harm yourself or anything else...
Anonymous
I think deleting pictures of your ex is like deleting part of your life and probably the majority of your relationship was happy and even though it may have ended you may want to keep the photos to look at in the future, when you're older. Don't delete them, just move them to somewhere where you can't see them for now and move on with your life.
Anonymous
November 21st, 2015 6:51pm
I think you shouldn't. You can always save it somewhere else.Otherwise you might regret if you decide to give him a chance in the future.
Anonymous
yes keeping them will remind you of him and therefore you will never forget him you should stay strong and pretend he was never here
TJCrabtree
Keep them, it's always nice to have the memories whether it ended on a good note or a bad note,
bratgurl14
Yeah, you should because they will just make you sad and you want to get over him and stay in love with him
Anonymous
Well it all depends on how long you have been broken up. But yes if you know for sure you guys are broken up for good yes
TomArtofPeace
Yes, they do more harm than good most likely. You can move on and remember you deserve to be happy, and most importantly you don't need your ex to be happy.
divinewillpower86
Well, when someone says it's the EX it does mean it is the past. It depends it was dark past or just moving away. Memories do help us, when we feel low. But basically those memories can trouble us when we want to be with someone in present. So it's not just about pictures, it's about Memories!
dorifishey
That depends on how bad your breakup is. If it's a mutual breakup, it's always easier than getting dumped. However I do believe that being able to keep and look the pictures of your ex without feeling the pain is a sure sign that you're ready to move on. Perhaps the idea is not to constantly go through them and not in the initial stages of breakup, but if having pictures of your ex around is too much of a painful reminder, then it's best to delete them.
mylifeistolove
It depends you, keeping the pictures can be good and bad. If you have handled well, then keep some pics..happy moments and memories are always helpful.
whysosadfriend
If you feeling sad when look them. Then delete them. That most importand thing is how you feel and how you will be happy!
Anonymous
Yes, you shouldn't waste your life stuck in one place, move on and enjoy your life .. We're here for so long after all :)