Should I delete all pictures of my ex?

Should I delete all pictures of my ex?

Brenda Munroe, LCSW

As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), I have worked with individuals of all ages. My work with clients is supportive, interactive and nonjudgmental.

Anonymous
If it was me in the position, I would. I wouldnt wana feel the hurt that was caused. But it we left on good terms and as great friends, then i might keep some
blessedgirl
December 2nd, 2015 1:04pm
You want to move on entirely? Then the answer is a big YES, that will help you to move on and ease your pain
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2015 10:40am
If it makes you upset to see them, delete them. If you want to keep them for malicious intents, then delete them. If you know you've gotten over the breakup, then you can consider deleting all those pictures.
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2015 10:43pm
No- feelings may be better for now, but there may be a time where you'd like to look back and remember. Saying that, if you're going to torture yourself by continuously looking at them, it would be better to remove temptation.
sweetApples11
I think you should not. Deleting pictures is not going to erase him from your memory. It's going to be hard but it will soon be okay. Maybe keeping his pictures will help you remember happy times.
Anonymous
yes delete all pics of your ex if you too are no longer speaking to one another but keep some of them if u two are friends still.
Anonymous
That is something I feel depends on the way things ended with them. If you are still on good terms and they are still a good friend then I don't see why you should delete them. But if things ended badly and you just get reminded of it every time you see a picture of them then maybe it would be better if you got rid of them!
DunnTheHelpo
It kind of depends. I think you shouldn't act like that relationship didn't exist, because one day you'll get over the fact that the person hurt you one way or another, and you'll maybe remember those great moments. All of the relationships shape you into who you are, as a person generally, and as a partner. But sometimes the pictures hurt you and you have no reason to keep them anymore. If it's the case, think about it one more time, and if you still think that deleting them is a good idea - do it.
Anonymous
I personally think it depends on whether you think there is a possibility of getting back together or not if there is then don't but if there isn't then go for it.
PracticalMaple
when you're ready to, if you're questioning it then it may mean you aren't quite over your ex yet, delete them when you know you'll be okay with the pictures not being there
whateveryouneedguy
Only when your ready. Don't pressure yourself to do anything your not ready to do. healing takes time.
Anonymous
Without a second thought. Absolutely. Do that right away. You should not only delete their photographs but everything that reminds of you them. And hey, if it is meant to be it shall take place. No matter what. As they say, everything happens for a purpose and nothing ever goes in vain! Take good care.
Christian17
YES! I know it might be hard but you have to let go. I was madly in love with a girl. She crushed my heart and I couldn't delete those memories. But I had my best friend do it and I'm so glad now
HereToListen333
If you're struggling getting over them, then it may be a good idea to. Also, if they were a bad ex, it's best to. If it was mutual and you two have good memories, then keep some of them.
Anonymous
Yes you should. You can never turn and move on to the next page of life, unless you close the previous page. Do not keep reading the same page and expect the book(life) to be interesting. Keep turning the pages, a lot more is ahead.
softMermaid10
Expressing your feelings will liberate you in a way, but it is important not to dwell on the negative feelings or to over-analyze the situation. Getting stuck in hurtful feelings will rob you of valuable energy and prevent you from healing and moving forward. Deleting or not is your choice.
silverKitty81
yes you should cause you don't wanna remember something that hurt you in the past just begin a new life and forget about the past
Anonymous
if it makes you feel great yes. You are strong and im sure you can get through this and find someone
Anonymous
You shouldn't delete all of the pictures because those are your mementoes of him. When you are older you will want to remember him and wish you had pictures when your telling a funny story about you two.
Herequeerandcheering
I cannot decide for you. Only you can decide. Do what'll make you feel better. It's your decision
comfortableRose28
I really dont think you should unless you want to. If it was an abusive relationship and you dont remember anything good about it, please by all means go ahead, but you're trying to get over someone, deleting his/ her pictures wont help you at all. If you are actually over someone .. you wouldnt need to delete pictures to get over him/her. You see his/her picture with fond nostalgia & miss the memories but you'll feel nothing for them. That, my dear friend, is what moving on is all about. Not deleting pictures based on temporary anger.
CHIP07
Yes. If you choose to keep them around you'll be inclined to see them, which will bring up memories and unwanted feelings.
Anonymous
No you shouldn't because that's your memories of him and the pictures you have you should keep to show people when you tell story's about your exs
lovepaige
If it makes you feel better, then yes. It's a good idea if you are hoping to move on from the relationship.
USAFVeteran
This is a deeply personal choice, but one that I think people should avoid making in a hasty or emotional way. In our minds, we like to believe that things in our lives are permanent, safe, steady, and reliable, but the reality in the universe is that the only certainty is change. When we can accept that everything in life has a beginning and an end, then we can treasure the positive experiences that we do have, including memories with ex boyfriends or girlfriends! :)
Anonymous
Not every situation is the same. Ask yourself why you have them, and that should help you answer the question.
Anonymous
If you look at his picture and it gives you bad memories or makes you feel upset, then yes, you should.
globaldu72
If I was single, I wouldn't... but I'd be sure to keep them private. If I was in a new relationship I would, out of respect for my new partner.
compassionatePresence910
If your memories of your ex are painful, I would delete the photos. If not, and you feel emotionally attached to them - then keep them. They could help you to move on. However, if you get a new partner you must expect some hurt feelings and suspicions if they stumble across these photos. It all depends on what stage you are at.
MrRoboticWrites
That's what I did, it helped me a huge amount, by doing that I didn't have anything physical that would remind me of them, it helped me get over them a lot quicker.