Hard to get out of bed. Missed a week of college. Isolated from friends.,Deleted social media accounts. Feeling "nothing. Motivated to exercise though. Am I depressed again?

Richard Manson, BSW,CAP

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Compassionate, non-judgemental and experienced substance abuse therapist driven to helping guide clients to overcome issues relating to abusing drugs and/or alcohol.

bouncySky15
Struggling to get out of bed is always hard. Your motivation to exercise is great though, use that to your advantage. Exercise is often helpful when struggling with mental health. When I was in a not so great place mentally exercise definitely helped.
Anonymous
If you are finding it hard to do the things you normally could do, and you notice that you are more tired and less motivated - to the point where you missed college - then yes, it might be that you are depressed again. If you need support, please talk to someone and perhaps even notify your college to let them know you are struggling right now.
Russellistrying
I certainly can't diagnose depression, I'm not a medical professional. Abandoning social media isn't indicative of a problem but the increasing desire to isolate could be. When I'm struggling to be social, I'll reach out to a really close friend or family member. We don't need to do anything, we don't even need to talk, just to be there together in the same place is enough for me to feel like I'm not alone. I think it's terrific that you still have a desire to exercise, whether it's to occupy your body, for the mood uplift or because you care about your health it's a positive. Something you can say you do want to do for yourself.