How can I motivate myself to get out of bed?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

Anonymous
Have something that you like to do in the morning be a habit. Go on a walk, play an instrument, or do a different hobby.
Anonymous
I find that keeping a planner or being organized is a good way to motivate myself. Knowing what you are doing and having a plan for each day can make life seem less chaotic and easier to manage. Also, you can pick up a new hobby and try some things that interest you, such as art or writing. It may take a while to find something you enjoy, but you'll definitely have a reason to get out of bed each day. If you mean you are too tired to get up, try to regulate your sleep schedule and drink a glass of water when you wake up. Let me know if you want to talk more by sending a message!