Who can i go to for relationship advice?

125 Answers
Last Updated: 07/09/2018 at 12:10pm
1 Tip to Feel Better
United States
Moderated by

Elizabeth Kincade, Ph.D.


I work collaboratively with clients because together we can make the changes you want and need. I listen and support and as well as advise and coach.

Top Rated Answers
November 1st, 2015 7:31pm
You can talk to anybody on 7 Cups of Tea that specialises in relationship help, or you can talk to somebody close to you such as your family or close friends, or you can even go to see a counsellor!
November 4th, 2015 3:48am
We all have relationships and therefore each of us can listen and encourage you to do what's best for you in your relationships, however, sometimes things are difficult and you may wish to consult with a mental health professional when you need more support.
November 4th, 2015 5:37pm
Parents for sure . They are the most experience and the best advisor ..they learn about our fake friends and can easily predict our future ... Thats why parents are the best
November 5th, 2015 3:58am
You could possibly go to a friend that has had experience with being in a relationship, or your parents even though that might be awkward or even your school counselor if you have one.
November 5th, 2015 6:23am
If you have role model married parents they would be the best advisers, if not you can look for someone close to you that you find as role models and ask them. There are also online or face to face relationship advisers that you can look for.
November 5th, 2015 7:37pm
I think you could go to your parents a friend a sibling or a person who you trust and if that doesn't work you can search online.
November 6th, 2015 10:44am
For advice related to relationship I always tend to speak to my friends who currently are in a relationship for more than 5 years. They are generally the ones who have faced all kinds of highs and lows in their relation and being your friend they may be able to relate to you better than elders.
November 6th, 2015 2:52pm
Its better to go for relationship advice to someone close from your family. Most of the time, though friends might try to help you, but you have to remember that your friends are same age to you and they have seen the world as much as you have. So, its better to go to a person who has seen more in life. For girls, it can be your sister or may be your mother, if you are close to her. For boys, you can get help from your brother, even your sister can help, cause girls have some privilege in dealing with relationships as guys don't have to deal with these types of problems unless they are in a relationship. But sometime, a friend can help if s/he knows you better or hope the best things for you. But unless you are sure, they are your truest friends, don't turn up to them for a relationship advice. Believe me, most of your friends will just make it more complicated and worse. Best of luck.
November 7th, 2015 8:22am
Chatrooms, therapists, google for other sites related to support services. Friends and possibly family. Pastor at a church will sometimes do privste visits if you are having trouble.
November 8th, 2015 1:09am
You could always try friends, close family first and then you could try a listener to help you through we are here to help.
November 11th, 2015 4:34am
I always recommend going to those who are in a strong solid relationship. It may be a young couple or an older one. I always recommend going to both, and if you know someone who was in a relationship and it didn't work out I think it is good to speak with them as well.
November 14th, 2015 10:50pm
It's always best to go to an adult for relationship advice. Adults tend to have more experience and they can guide us about relationships
November 15th, 2015 5:37am
There are several trained Listeners on 7 Cups of Tea who have knowledge in relationships and break ups. There are also several chatrooms where you can also chat with other members like yourself.
November 15th, 2015 3:31pm
Choosing to talk to someone about relationships is a big step. It shows that you are ready to gain control. You can go to a relationship counselor, fellow listeners on 7 cups, you can talk to call centers or guidance counselors at school.
November 18th, 2015 2:47am
You are half of your parents. 1 part mum, 1 part dad.... so go and ask them how to get through a good relationship and even how to get through a bad one. Chances are they've been where you are and are observing with crossed fingers.
November 18th, 2015 5:38pm
Hmm..... I don't think i can give much advice on relationship since i'm quite a realist. But anyway to me, relationship is something that a person is already mentally and physically prepared for. It's not something that someone can play with. Having a relationship with another human being takes quite a responsibility. You need to love and care of your partner. Besides, having a relationship need trust. For example, if you asked yourself question like this, "Do I love this person? Am i willing to open up my privacy to him/her?" And if you're not ready for these kinda things then don't accept the relationship. In the end you'll end up by hurting yourself and the partner. You can't trust other people before you learn how to trust yourself.
November 19th, 2015 12:25am
There's lots of people you can go to for relationship advice. Listeners on 7 Cups of Tea aren't supposed to give advice because we're not able to fully evaluate your situation and it could just make things worse (but we CAN be there for you if you're just looking to talk about it without wanting advice), but there's lots of people in your personal life you can go to. Friends, parents, guardians, siblings, etc. Something to keep in mind, though, is that it's usually best to get advice from people who have had successful relationships. You probably don't want advice from someone who has had unsuccessful relationships in the past.
November 19th, 2015 3:12pm
A friend, relationship counselor, family, whoever you feel most comfortable with would be the person to go to.
November 20th, 2015 2:07am
It sounds like you're having a hard time in a relationship. You could try to talk to your partner, or someone who has been through a relationship
November 20th, 2015 2:07am
See where you stand with your partner. Then see a therapist. Counseling or just a really great friend.
November 21st, 2015 4:35pm
http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help/help-relationships/relationship-counselling Is a very effective website that helped me go through difficult times. You can also find listeners on 7 cups of tea that can relate to what you are experiencing:)
November 21st, 2015 6:27pm
All things equal i will recommend parents, older siblings, mentors or individuals that you consider successful in relationships and professional counsellors.
November 22nd, 2015 11:38am
try someone close to you who has experience or here in 7cups we an help you with any good advice by our great listeners.
November 25th, 2015 2:58am
My gay male husband I've been with for 13 years now. We have a great relationship, so again, I'm not sure why you are asking this question.
November 25th, 2015 5:17pm
Relationship advice is always better done with the person you are with. If you need help organizing your thoughts a friend is always a good choice
November 25th, 2015 5:18pm
The best people to go to for relationship advice is your close friends, and your family. They can better relate to your situations because they have either A. Been through it already or B. Are going through the same things you are. Don't be afraid to ask for help, that's what your friends and family are there for.
November 26th, 2015 4:55pm
A counsellor. You may discuss with a relationship counsellor. Also, you may start your exploration with a listener here at 7cups.
November 27th, 2015 7:03am
You can always talk to one of our listeners here on 7cups or go to a family member or friend hope this helps
November 27th, 2015 3:18pm
you can come to me if you want http://www.7cups.com/12745431 anytime you want too talk im here so dont worry about it
November 28th, 2015 8:59am
I can go to my school counselors because they work with people with my problems. They are nonjudgmental about me being openly gay.