Why is exercise important for me?

Why is exercise important for me?

Elaine Kish, LMSW

My goal is to treat clients with respect and compassion. I am a supportive, strengths-based therapist with experience in treating mood disorders, grief, and trauma.

Armanta
August 3rd, 2016 10:34am
Exercise is important for many different reasons! It could be for personal reasons, to keep healthy, or for work to keep fit and active. But most importantly, regardless of what you are exercising for, it is a key part to maintaining a healthy mind.
amazingSunshine91
There are so many benefits to exercise, both physical and emotional! In addition to increasing your muscle and making you stronger, exercise can help relieve stress, boost self esteem, and for me it makes a big difference for making my life feel more "put together". Although some people say it's boring, it doesn't have to be if you find the right way to implement it into your lifestyle, which is different for everyone.
OneMomentInHerPresence
Exercise is very important because you need it to stay healthy, especially for your heart. Not exercising can ultimately lead to heart attacks and strokes. Not excercising also increases your risk of high blood pressure and diabetes.
nikkigiveslove
exercise has MANY benefits. Although you won’t see results right away, your body in the inside is thanking you. Whether is stretching, cardio, especially drinking water is important!
ClareBlissfulSoul22
You are special being and you deserve to be happy, healthy and living every moment of your life in the best way you can. Exercise has many positive impacts on your life. your emotions, your mood, your energy levels, physically, it can boost your self-esteem. Try different things to find the thing you most enjoy doing, something fun that doesn't feel like a chore. I personally am not a gym person. However, I love yoga, stretching and attending dance classes. I have attended different styles of dance to see which ones I enjoy the most. have fun with it. experiment. Try new things. you deserve it.
Bluewolf1229
Exercise is a great stress reliever. Keeps me in shape and healthy. Exercise can improve quality of ife
We eat what we want and live our lives how we want, so the only way to live longer in that kinda lifestyle is to exercise. Exercising lets you loose the fats that you don't need, gives you good blood flow and high metabolism rate. Also keeps you fit and healthy.
bulletproofmayhem
It keeps your body healthy! Exercise also releases endorphins which literally make you happier, too.
wanheda
Our bodies were meant to move, they actually crave exercise. :D Regular exercise is necessary for physical fitness and good health. Stretching exercises are also important for good posture. Exercise increases blood flow and oxygen levels in the brain. And it makes you feel good :)
youarevalid
Exercise is very important for people. It not only burns calories and can help you get in shape, it also can help emotion-wise. When you're angry, exercising can help you calm down and think reasonably. It can also make you feel like you've accomplished something, once you are finished.
Anonymous
It keeps me skinny, keeps me fit, makes me look and feel more attractive in myself. Simply walking can boost your morale and self esteem
Anonymous
Exercise can help with depression, stress, and anxiety. It also can help you be healthier and with the help of diet (not starvation) and a good sleep schedule.
nurseyoubacktohealth18
Because it helps increase endorphins, improves personal satisfaction with life. it helps me to reach more goals and feel more stable.
LilSun
Exercise is helpful in so many ways. It's fun, keeps you moving and also healthy! Personally, I'm not too big on your classic gym type exercise. However, I LOVE dancing and taking walks and riding my bike. Exercise is important to me because I also have arthritis so I have to keep myself moving. Also, you can lose weight, woohoo!
Anonymous
Exercise is very important to me because it keeps me energized,healthy&happy it also can teach me how time matters & if I can manage my weight I could manage anything else
Anonymous
It helps you in bothe physical and mental ways. Without it, you won't be half as happy as you should be!
braveComfort32
its not just about that physical fitness you gain when you train or workout its the mental growth,the mind-body connection and the nutrition which is important.
Patty24
Exercise is important because it strengthens your mind and body. Through exercise, your immune system can better fight off infections. Exercise can help you relieve stress, and boost your self-esteem. The better you feel the better you function!
hopefulRainbows30
Exercise is important for me because I need to take care of myself. It is a way to take care of my health and keeps me alert and energetic. Exercise also helps me vent out destructive thoughts and emotions, like anger, frustration, even sadness.
wonderousWaterfall34
Exercise is super important! It is important physically, it helps to keep your heart healthy and your body strong. Exercise also helps to improve your mood, behavior, and sleep patterns.
Anonymous
Exercise is a very important thing for not just you but every human being to be doing. Exercise keeps the body healthy, helps us deal with stress anxiety and depression, and even helps you prevent diseases. Exercising may seem like a boring and hard thing to do but it must be integrated into your daily life in order to live out many years happily. Another thing that should be done alone with exercising is eating healthy. Eating healthy allows the body to work its best and fiction properly. Ways to make exercise fun is to play a sport, exercise with a group of friends, or listen to music. A way to eat healthy is to create meals that you know that you will enjoy eating. Instead of eating a plain boring banana eat it with some peanut butter. Also you can make small changes in your diet like instead of a Yoplait strawberry yogurt that has 18 grams of sugar in it switch it out for a Light And Fit strawberry yogurt that has only 8 grams of sugar in it. The two yogurts will taste exactly the same but the Light And Fit is healthier. Small changes like this throughout your diet will help you and your body out greatly along with exercising. I hope this answered your question :)
lovingLynx89
Exercise is important because it produces the release of endorphins in your body, these produce feelings of happiness. Another great reason is that exercise helps your physical condition and finally it makes your body look great!
Snowzee9
exercise is important for me because it is supposed to be good for for maintaining good bodily functions.
Anonymous
You need exercise to maintain a healthy body and lifestyle. Staying in shape will help you live longer and live life to the fullest. When you exercise, you also lower your risk to different diseases.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2016 10:49am
Exercise allows you to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and it helps to ward off any diseases such as cancer, diabetes, etc! Get fit! Don't quit!
brightJoy72
Exercise is important to me because it helps with fat loss and helps keep the muscle on! It also helps chase away the blues and the physical effects of anxiety.
LittleOleUs
Your physical health is just as important as your emotional/mental health, and those do go side-by-side. If you want to be a better, healthier person emotionally, then you also need to aspire to be just as fit physically, because one does effect the other. I notice that with myself, if I don't get oput and do something, I feel worse as a person. Exercising is also important to keep you healthy; being sick is absolutely no fun whatsoever.
GuidingLight1492
Exercise is important for overall health and wellbeing. Not only is it good for your physical health but also your mental health. With regular exercise, you will become more stronger and healthier and it will also prevent most diseases.
Anonymous
because it it keeps me healthy and and makes the body attractive.It has many healthy benefits as well as physical body in terms of muscular body
GenerousJess
Exercise is important for me because not only is it a form of self-care that makes me feel healthier both physically and psychologically, but it is the one time in the day that I dedicate to myself and for myself. I can just run, and think a lot, or not think at all. I can admire nature and be alone but not feel at all lonely. I can run despite bad weather or soreness or the lack of desire to run, and know that I am able to put my mind over matter. It reminds me that I have the ability and resilience to accomplish something, even if it is something as little in my life as running a few miles. Exercise is important to me because it reminds me of the best version of myself. The true version of me that does not give up when thats the only thing I want to do.