How can I tell my mother I'm pregnant?

Christine Tronge, LCSW

I help those with depression, anxiety, and phobias develop coping skills to improve their lives and lessen their suffering, if not eliminate it.!!

Anonymous
In the simplest way possible. Tell her what happened and your decisions based on those events, I am sure your mother will understand and care for you and try to help to the best of her knowledge
gentleVoice88
The besy thing you can do is be honest. Sit her down and tell her you have something to tell her maybe get some support from a friend or sibling and ask them to be there when you tell her. Life can be tough but it will get better in time. With good support from those around you you will be able to make the right choices
Anonymous
If it is an unexpected pregnancy, just tell her. Do not let her find out from someone else. I hope you can find a comfortable place where both you and she can talk, when you both have time to discuss the endless questions. Love each other. If it is a welcomed pregnancy then bring on the fun ways to surprise her. Your mother loves you no matter what.
neverendingSoul47
I would sit her down when she is calm and in a good mood and say "Mom, I have something I would like to tell you.". Then tell her the news and remain calm even if she responds with anger or sadness.
bigBubbles
August 3rd, 2016 2:19am
let her understand your situation and tell her that you know you were wrong, you weren't in the right mind when it happened and as she is your mother she would come around definitely
BCWC
You absoulutely should tell your mother cause if you do not say it now, and if she learn so late, it can be so hard both of you.
AlwaysHereToHelp2232
Wait for a good moment and then ask to speak to her about something serious and then just come out with it.
miraculousBeauty49
In person is one of the most direct ways but writing a letter can give you a chance to collect and organise your thoughts and feelings.
Anonymous
What you should do is you should talk to her have it sit her down at the table and have a serious conversation with her don't just come out with it build up to it so she's kind of expecting it and then just come out with it but slowly
Anonymous
Tell your mother calmly and seriously that you are a little scared, concerned, or just nervous and that you have something personal and serious to talk with her about. If you're in person and prefer privacy, ask her to come to your room with you or to a private area. Say something like "I feel really __ about this, but I need your love and support. I'm pregnant and I feel __ about it and I need you right now. Can I get a hug?"
Anonymous
Just speak with her privately. Approach her in a calm manner and tell her. She'll understand.she will
Anonymous
Have a conversation with your mother, sit down and talk in a loving way and explain your worries and your feelings. Gradually lead up to it.
Listeningcreature
I would start to give her the impressions that I might be I would over exaggerate these symptoms and eventually they her suspect it
ItsJustMekitty
Make sure you're in a safe enviorment and feel confortable telling her. other than then just be honest. she might be mad at first but after that she will probably come around and help you out with anything you need
Anonymous
Sit her down, pour a cup of tea and tell her you need to speak with her about an urgent matter. Remember to breathe and think clearly, Tell her you appreciate everything she's done for you and that now, you are expecting to bring her grandchild into this world and that you need her support now more than ever.
1musicloverever
You go to her when you're ready to tell her. Understand all the things that will change in your life and just hope she's going to be there for you when it all happens. You might have been taught a good lesson about it.
RandiiBabyy
This is from my personal experience. The best way to tell your mother is sit her down when it's just you and her. Be honest and open about all your feeling about it.
LifeAddict1
Set up time where you are not likely to be interrupted. Break the news gently and remain calm even if your mother does not take the news well. Be prepared to answer some difficult questions. Be assertive and polite.
Drkid
There's no other way to tell her than to just let it out. She's your mother and will love you no matter what. Sir her down one on one and explain the situation.
DreamBig91
If it's good news I hope she's happy. But, if it's news you're worried about, it's important for you to ask your mother for her support. An unexpected pregnancy is scary news! Most especially when you're young and or single. Luckily, we live in a world where your unwanted blessing can make another couple overjoyed. This is YOUR body and YOUR choice, no matter how old you are. Just keep in mind that although having a baby is a wonderful experience...it's also not easy. At all. Make the best choice for baby and you. Show your mom that you're serious, if you want to keep the baby. But, really think about what YOU want before you say anything.