My dad likes to touch me. Is this sexual abuse?

Amy Justice, BS, MA, LCMHC

My passion is to help people overcome feeling "stuck" in unhealthy patterns by facilitating real, healthy changes through self-discovery and practical applications.

MarkD
Sadly, the majority of sexual abuse happens from people you know. What makes it *abuse* is that it violates your boundaries, and makes you feel uncomfortable. Do you feel uncomfortable by the ways your father touches you?
enhledoll94
It depend on which part does he touch you.i mean like we cant just say it is while we dont know how he touches you
HelpWisely
If he is touching you in inappropriate places like your boobs, your private parts, kissing you passionately on your lips as well as touching your stomach and neck in an unnatural manner then it's definitely sexual abuse and you should report this to someone who trust or a police officer.
CariHope15
It depends what you mean. Does he roughly do things to you? Does he hurt you? What does he do when he touches you?
helpfulhannah19
If someone touches you unwillingly, and in a way that you feel uncomfortable, then it is considered sexual abuse. I am sure you probably feel hurt and invaded. There are many support groups that you can join that will provide you with more insight on this.
Anonymous
Yes! This is definitely sexual abuse. No one should touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Anonymous
If he touches to far up you leg, on your vagina, on your butt, on your boobs,etc. That's sexual abuse
Anonymous
Since you have not explained in what way or ways he touched you, I would have to assume. Firstly, I am sorry for whatever you're going through. I could only imagine what it must be like, having someone that's suppose to protect you, someone who's supposed to be there for you doing such a thing. Before I can answer this question, we must know what the term "sexual abuse" means. According to Wikipedia, "Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is the undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. It is often perpetrated using force or by taking advantage of another" So if your father touches your private parts or touches any part of your body in a sexual way, then yes. I would, therefore, recommend you talk to someone in authority. Preferably a trustworthy person. Don't be afraid if you suspect sexual abuse and please do not take matters into your own hands (i.e revenge) instead, let the relevant authorities take care of this matter. I wish you all the best.
StudentSeng
It depends on what it is for. If he touches you to show care and concern or when you're anxious or nervous, that's perfectly fine. But if he touches you for no good reason, and if instead of calming you down it makes you feel uncomfortable, it might be sexual abuse.
Anonymous
Honey you must know there are different kinds of touch a kiss or a hug or things like them are not sexual touching ! But if he is touching private parts of your body no normal dad do that ! U must stop him from doing that and ask an older person for help u in this situation!
Anonymous
I think it really depends on where. If it's usually around your chest or genital area,then that could be considered molestation and you need to tell someone you trust that this is happening
Anonymous
Any unwanted touching that you feel crosses a line is sexual abuse. Contact your local DHR office or someone you trust and tell them what is going on. No parent should touch their child in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
Anonymous
it depends on how your father is touching you. If you're feeling uncomfortable with the way he is touching you tell him.
Anonymous
It depends on what kind of touching. Any touching in your private areas is considered sexual abuse.
Caringheart23
It depends on the part of the body he touches you and even if it's on appropriate part you need to feel comfortable with it. If he hugs you or just hold your hand, maybe touch your hair and you're comfortable with it, it's okay. If you're not, you need to tell him cause he just might not realise. But if he touches you on inappropriate places, it's a sexual abuse and you need to tell someone. It's not and not easy thing to do, but no one deserve to be a victim of this kind of a behaviour.
blueswallow
If anyone is touching your body in a way that you do not want them to, that is wrong. If asked to stop they ought to stop. This is true for a parent as for anyone.
bestWinter85
This is harassment. Telling an adult such as a mother or somebody trusted at school could stop this issue and help you get better.
UtopianMidgardianSanctuary
Sexual maltreatment is touching a minor, inappropriately for the intention of personal sexual gradification.
Laks1
It depends on how your dad touches you. If your dad touches you at delicate and private places where he shouldn't touch as a man, then its wrong for him to do that. Also if you are uncomfortable with your dad touching you too much, it would be best if you let him know
callmefia
If your dad touches you in a sexual manner or in places that you consider private, this behavior can count as sexual abuse.
Anonymous
This depends on where he touches you. If he is trying to sexually stimulate you or himself, then yes.
Emilybrewer1
Unfortunately, yes. If your father is touching you in any kind of sexual way that is making you feel uncomfortable you should probably tells someone like a trusted adult. That would definitely be identified as sexual abuse.
Flawlessinsanity21
Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is forcing undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. this is the definition of sexual abuse. It depends on the length of touching and the area in which he is touching you. All in all unwanted touching is still a bad thing and if it makes you uncomfortable and feel weird you should talk to him about it or tell someone of authority.
Anonymous
Yes this is sexual abuse, if he is touching you in your private areas please tell someone. A teacher, guidance counselor, or the police.
carefreeFlamingo31
It depends on how he touches you, if it feels like a grabby, rubby sort of touch in areas that you think is sexual or even just on your arm or something, it could be sexual abuse. If you don't consent to him doing it, then it is most likely abuse of some kind. One of the best ways to find out would probably be to ask your mum or a trusted adult. If you're female, you'll probably feel better talking to a female and for a male it would likely make you feel better to ask another male. I hope this helped!
karenw
yes it is. if he touches you in an inappropriate way you should tell someone a teacher tutor or call childline or the police if your in immediate danger
recoveringlistener
I would say yes. If he knows you're uncomfortable with it and persists you need to tell someone ASAP. If it's touching that isn't black or white sexual but feels that way, I would ask him to stop if it happens again, if he continues you need to get help. www.rainn.org has a lot of resources
AlexanderOvercame
It depends where he is touching you. If it's a brush on the shoulder or a pat on the back no. But if it's your breast, bum, or vaginal area, yes
sillyseraph002
if any relative or family member is viewing or touching your private parts or if they are asking you to view or touch theirs, then yes, it is sexual abuse. and it is wrong
SpiderHug
I'm a dad and I like to touch my children. Mostly their hair and smell them, get a reminiscence of that baby smell they had when I held them and tried to comfort them. Now they are all grown-ups or adolescent, and don't like too much physical contact anymore, especially the boys. They rather try to have a pretend fight or a wrestle . It's all fine by me. I grew up in a family with sexual child abuse (not a victim, not a perp) and this is something that affects me deeply. Nobody is responsible for the way they feel. I suppose pedophiles are scared of the way they feel if they can' t talk about it. I wouldn't be scared. Because I know the deep lifelong scar it leaves on someone's soul. And I'd rather cut my own ... off than inflict that to anyone. What really festered however in my family was the secrecy. Nobody talked. As a result , I really think that everybody was contaminated, even the ignorant bystanders. That's what needs to happen. I you suffer or feel uncomfortable, talk. If you witness something that makes you uncomfortable, talk. If you are scared that what you doing is wrong, talk. I suppose also that kids , growing in a healthy family, experience a form of pleasure from the touch of their parents. It might not be that easy to relive that feeling when growing as an adult. But then again, if a kid express discomfort from a parent's touch, any parent should be able to hear it and change his own behaviour to protect his child. So talk to your dad. To other people, too. Insist on your own feelings not what you think others are thinking.