Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My dad likes to touch me. Is this sexual abuse?

253 Answers
Last Updated: 11/15/2020 at 6:27am
1 Tip to Feel Better
United States
Moderated by

Amy Justice, BS, MA, LPC

Licensed Professional Counselor

My passion is to help people overcome feeling "stuck" in unhealthy patterns by facilitating real, healthy changes through self-discovery and practical applications.

Top Rated Answers
June 13th, 2016 3:53am
Sadly, the majority of sexual abuse happens from people you know. What makes it *abuse* is that it violates your boundaries, and makes you feel uncomfortable. Do you feel uncomfortable by the ways your father touches you?
June 12th, 2016 2:04pm
It depend on which part does he touch you.i mean like we cant just say it is while we dont know how he touches you
August 5th, 2016 8:40am
If he is touching you in inappropriate places like your boobs, your private parts, kissing you passionately on your lips as well as touching your stomach and neck in an unnatural manner then it's definitely sexual abuse and you should report this to someone who trust or a police officer.
July 6th, 2016 8:18pm
It depends what you mean. Does he roughly do things to you? Does he hurt you? What does he do when he touches you?
June 15th, 2016 1:27am
If someone touches you unwillingly, and in a way that you feel uncomfortable, then it is considered sexual abuse. I am sure you probably feel hurt and invaded. There are many support groups that you can join that will provide you with more insight on this.
June 16th, 2016 12:14pm
Yes! This is definitely sexual abuse. No one should touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.
June 25th, 2016 7:31am
It depends on what it is for. If he touches you to show care and concern or when you're anxious or nervous, that's perfectly fine. But if he touches you for no good reason, and if instead of calming you down it makes you feel uncomfortable, it might be sexual abuse.
July 21st, 2016 3:11am
If he touches to far up you leg, on your vagina, on your butt, on your boobs,etc. That's sexual abuse
June 12th, 2016 2:29pm
I think it really depends on where. If it's usually around your chest or genital area,then that could be considered molestation and you need to tell someone you trust that this is happening
July 9th, 2016 10:25pm
Honey you must know there are different kinds of touch a kiss or a hug or things like them are not sexual touching ! But if he is touching private parts of your body no normal dad do that ! U must stop him from doing that and ask an older person for help u in this situation!
March 13th, 2019 12:31am
Since you have not explained in what way or ways he touched you, I would have to assume. Firstly, I am sorry for whatever you're going through. I could only imagine what it must be like, having someone that's suppose to protect you, someone who's supposed to be there for you doing such a thing. Before I can answer this question, we must know what the term "sexual abuse" means. According to Wikipedia, "Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is the undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. It is often perpetrated using force or by taking advantage of another" So if your father touches your private parts or touches any part of your body in a sexual way, then yes. I would, therefore, recommend you talk to someone in authority. Preferably a trustworthy person. Don't be afraid if you suspect sexual abuse and please do not take matters into your own hands (i.e revenge) instead, let the relevant authorities take care of this matter. I wish you all the best.
June 12th, 2016 3:03pm
Any unwanted touching that you feel crosses a line is sexual abuse. Contact your local DHR office or someone you trust and tell them what is going on. No parent should touch their child in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
February 15th, 2017 5:06am
it depends on how your father is touching you. If you're feeling uncomfortable with the way he is touching you tell him.
June 11th, 2017 5:05am
It depends on what kind of touching. Any touching in your private areas is considered sexual abuse.
June 14th, 2016 12:37pm
If anyone is touching your body in a way that you do not want them to, that is wrong. If asked to stop they ought to stop. This is true for a parent as for anyone.
June 15th, 2016 3:55pm
This is harassment. Telling an adult such as a mother or somebody trusted at school could stop this issue and help you get better.
June 29th, 2016 4:58am
Sexual maltreatment is touching a minor, inappropriately for the intention of personal sexual gradification.
June 18th, 2016 10:41pm
If your dad touches you in a sexual manner or in places that you consider private, this behavior can count as sexual abuse.
June 24th, 2016 5:19am
This depends on where he touches you. If he is trying to sexually stimulate you or himself, then yes.
June 25th, 2016 2:29am
Unfortunately, yes. If your father is touching you in any kind of sexual way that is making you feel uncomfortable you should probably tells someone like a trusted adult. That would definitely be identified as sexual abuse.
August 5th, 2016 9:30pm
It depends on how your dad touches you. If your dad touches you at delicate and private places where he shouldn't touch as a man, then its wrong for him to do that. Also if you are uncomfortable with your dad touching you too much, it would be best if you let him know
April 28th, 2018 3:56am
if any relative or family member is viewing or touching your private parts or if they are asking you to view or touch theirs, then yes, it is sexual abuse. and it is wrong
July 8th, 2016 1:25am
Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is forcing undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. this is the definition of sexual abuse. It depends on the length of touching and the area in which he is touching you. All in all unwanted touching is still a bad thing and if it makes you uncomfortable and feel weird you should talk to him about it or tell someone of authority.
July 10th, 2016 12:46am
If the manner of which he is touching you is sexual, then yes. This type of physical contact is completely inappropriate.
July 15th, 2016 11:03pm
Yes this is sexual abuse, if he is touching you in your private areas please tell someone. A teacher, guidance counselor, or the police.
July 24th, 2016 3:36pm
I wouldn't know for sure because I'm not the one in the situation however if you have a hunch that it is please contact a sexual hotline
August 25th, 2016 12:56am
In what way does he touch you? If you feel uncomfortable with the way he touches you and you believe it's inappropriate than you should report it.
February 3rd, 2018 9:21pm
It definitely is, if the touching is happening in a sexual way. It is not appropriate for a parental figure to act in that way with their child.
June 3rd, 2018 3:35pm
Inappropriate touching is absolutely sexual abuse and should be brought to the attention of someone you completely trust. It is not okay for anyone to be touching someone else, inappropriately. It doesn't matter what the relation/gender is. Sexual abuse is NOT okay. Talking about it IS okay.
June 13th, 2018 11:03am
It depends on the way that he touches you. If you are not comfortable with it, then sadly it is sexual abuse. But, it does all depend on your boundaries you have with him.