How can I manage my emotions in a healthy manner and what are such methods?

Theresa Gulliver, Master Therapeutic Counsellor

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of thinking that created them. We must try something different. Gently, we turn your challenges into opportunities for healing.

HeartfulPerspective
I always found that the best way to manage your emotions is to think about them from all perspectives and then consider telling the person these emotions are linked to - understandable sometimes emotions are not linked to an individual, in this case talk to someone close to yourself or come on 7cupsoftea and share your problems. 'A problem shared is a problem halved'. So do not feel afraid to pop up to any listener because we are all here to help you :)
Anonymous
I write a lot so mybemotuin out on paper. There I time I go for walks or be just by self I'd cry in the shower
HeavenlyEnergy55
You can talk about them with someone you trust, or someone on a site like this one. You can also do something that relaxes you, such as going to a walk/jog, drawing, maybe even writing a poem about your feelings.
The best thing to do if you are feeling like you need to manage your emotions better, might be to speak with a professional counselor or therapist. They can help you to sort out and understand your feelings better.
IntuitiveDrops
Try to contain then- that means, try to tolerate them. Often, when first researching about "managing emotions" it is about us wanting to control or "fix" our emotions, which, as you guess, can only make things worse. When we however relax, we can actually tolerate them without fighting with them.
Anonymous
September 22nd, 2015 4:23am
You can manage your emotions by talking to someone or writing regularly. It's important to take these actions regularly so that you dont ever start feeling overwhelmed with emotions.
The idea is to give yourself time and space to face the emotions before doing anything or making any decisions. If you feel emotional in a crowd, excuse yourself and go to a more private place to face the emotions before joining the crowd back.
audreysykesBMTHfan
Slow down your breathing, try to focus your whole world on a point, your breathing, feel the air moving, feel your body, focus on individual parts of your body and try to loosen the muscles until they Be completely unhealthy, feel them heavier, till you feel really cold to be there. Then try to cleanse your mind, whenever a thought comes, stressful or anything, have it set aside.
compassionateDay97
I would suggest to try and approach behavioural methods such as CBT or DBT classes. These are designed to change your mindset and manage your emotions in a very healthy way. It will challenge you to think differently.