Should I stay at a job that I hate?

Should I stay at a job that I hate?

Polly Letsch, LCSW

I provide non-judgmental, person-centered, objective therapeutic treatment for individuals of all ages to improve social, emotional, mental and other areas of functioning.

Anonymous
Ideally, I would say ‘no’. But if it pays the bills and you don’t have prospects yet, maybe you should stay for sometime until you find another job..
Anonymous
You have To ask yourself, what is more important. Money or my happiness. If we stay on a job that we are not truly happy with, it can often affect are overall performance.
Anonymous
You should learn from it and work towards a job you love. But short answer... no... life is too short.
ifyouknowtocountcountwithme
You deserve to feel valued. If I were you I would start looking for a new job while working at the actual job. And find a way to cope with the stress and all the situations meanwhile. What makes you hate the job? ... Maybe the answer to that question is the key.
radiantHoliday82
You should do what you like to do but sometimes we need to play "safe" until we can change it. You need to survive and having a job is really important so search for another but until you get it keep that one job. If it makes you feel way too stressed then leave it immediately!
creativeSun38
Until and unless u have found a hood job Do not leave Once u leave u feel like procrastinating, Not worthwhile leaving a job unless u have a suitable 1 in hand.
friendlyPalm55
Not at all. But you can't leave it overnight as money is a big part. You can start doing what you love in evenings and eventually converting it to full time and monetary beneficial
Mannanan
We spend alot of time in work. So to hate it and be unhappy can have long lasting psychological effects that can also manifest themselves in physical pain. You need to go to HR or your line manager, if that doesn't work and you can't resolve the problems, then it's time to go.
SosukeAizen
You need to consider your options. Is it feasible to leave the job or do you have room to search for something you would enjoy? its important to examine your circumstances and make sure that you're doing what you believe will be best for you
Anonymous
Look for a job you would love but don't throw yourself out in the cold while looking. Stay with the job until you find one you want
Callipiphan
Honestly no. But dont just go and quit. First find a job. After starting that new job put your 2 week notice in. Finish out the 2 weeks. That way you still have money coming in. And you look good for future jobs.
apositivepsych
Hey there! You should first consider what about the job, you are particularly hating. For eg, is it work environment/relations with peers or boss/incentives/work - life balance/job profile? Once you find the answer, do consider if is it worth changing the job or is worth altering your attitude towards the job. I hope this helps. You can always drop me a message. I would love to help you more on this. Take care :)
5thousandmiles
Not if you don't have to. There may be other opportunities out there. Start searching for a new job in the meantime.
Listenerjulie
If you hate it leave. There are other jobs out there. Even if you get a good pay it’s not worth it. Working at a job you’ll like is way better.
breathexcry
June 2nd, 2018 7:12am
Only if you have to, it is hard I get that; but if you need the job to support you. Stay there, you need to get through life and I know you're tough.
friendlyBeach25
I don't think anybody should continue doing things they hate doing . You'll might end up losing interest other things too. But then again it all depends on the circumstances and other factors.
LoveFromSara
If you hate your job to that extent that it effects your personal happiness and mental health then you should look for alternatives. However you do need to think this through, and try to make a plan. Do you have another job to go to? Can you afford being without a job? Should you stay in your job due to other responsibilities you have (family, loan etc)? Sadly not all can afford to leave a job, even though they hate it. But even so, you may be able to do so later.
Here4UAlwaysAndEver
If this job is making you the money you need while you try and get a job you want, then stay. If not or you can find another job that is still paying enough then make the move.
KurtCups711
I know it's cliche to say that money doesn't buy happiness but it's true. It might help to frame the question slightly different. "How long should I stay at a job that I hate?" Apply for as many other positions as you can. Speak with recruiters and HR staff at companies you know you'd like to work for. Another opportunity will come along. Short answer, no but you can tolerate it until something you don't hate opens up. Good luck on the job search.
Colors27
No. Life is to short for living that way. Do what you like and your life will change for the better.
Anonymous
First find out why you hate? what makes you hate??When you started hating your job?? please identify answers for this question then you will get answer for your question.our hidden confusion or feeling makes us to confuse like this.first be clear your problems then you will take action
Shannym1996
I feel you should look for another job if you dislike the one you are working at it will also possibly help you to feel better hope this helped
Anonymous
It depends. If it puts stress on you mentally or physically you should leave for your own sake but if it's just kind of annoying it's really up to you.
Kat140615xx
You need think are you stable enough to up and leave, But personally i would suggest apply for other roles as soon as possible therefore you can jump jobs and be in happier environment.
Anonymous
Not if its in your control! From experience, there is no job worth your sanity. If you are in a position to leave, then do it. If not right now, actively pursue job searching so you can leave! You will be happier at a job you love!
Anonymous
If you strongly hate a job, it's best you don't stay, however, think wisely. Staying at a job in which you despise prevents you from growing spiritually and mentally.
Anonymous
No. Start looking for a new one. There’s no point in being miserable at work. It’ll take a toll on you in the end. So start searching for a new job and then quit this one.
niceRainbows39
No. You should do what you love to do, no matter what job that means having. If you are at a job that you hate, it can drag you down and make it so that you are constantly miserable. Instead of dealing with that, do what you love, and you will be able to be happy.
positiveForever73
I always say find something else and give two weeks for you. This shows you are reliable. It also shows the next employer that you will hold value and respect with them too.
Anonymous
If your financial conditions are pretty weak then i guessyou should stay and save for your dream job later.