Can I still reset my life after the things that happened to me?

Linda Miland, MA

I have a passion to help individuals address and challenge thoughts ,feelings and lifestyle factors that are contributing to mental health issues.

Geveda
Of course! You are in control of your own life. You make the decisions for yourself and if you feel like you need to start anew, you have the power and the ability to change your life, no matter what has happened to you.
CaringJoy
Absolutely we can reset our lives after things happened because every day is a new beginning to happiness. It's never too late to get on the right path to healing and focus on our goals.
UniqueOcean92
Of course everyone in life has a second chance to make things right, I personally have encountered second chances in my life so yes I believe that is possible. positive minds can do whatever they put themselves to do.
Sassy001
March 22nd, 2016 7:32pm
Yes,you can.It is never to late to make a change or better ourselves.The things that happened to you can make you a stronger person too.
caringCara11
You have the power to reset your life at any point in time, regardless of circumstance. All the trials you have faced so far are lessons you had to learn over time. Appreciate them, but it's okay to let them go whenever you feel as though they are no longer serving you.
ahasbeamer
Yes, you can choose what you do with the life you have left. (Have you heard how Mandela was inspired by the poem Invictus in prison?)
Anonymous
Whatever has gone through your life, you can gain your happiness back. It depends on how you deal with it. You will have to forget all about the past and worry about the present. It might not be easy, but you will have to. We tend to forget things as time passes. Be positive and start again, all will be fine.
FlowerInDisguise19
Of course you can! You have to just pick yourself up and remain strong, think positively, and you will see that life has so much potential and that you only live once so make it count :)
Zinnia
Yes. Every day you wake up is a new slate, a chance to restart or reset things. That chance will always be there for you to grab. So, reach out to it and hit the "Reset" button.
escapegirl
I think it is very possible. Negative experiences in life mould you into the person you are now. They affect the decisions you make and the way you think. If you can learn to become, negative, self conscious and upset, you can learn to be happy, confident and positive about yourself and your life.
hopefulPower94
Even though I do not know what you have been through, I believe that you can. With therapy and support, anything is possible in my opinion. If you are dealing with trauma, a famous therapist recommends the Courage to Heal workbook and you can find the link on katimorton.com in her Amazon widget.
DaveC2016
Absolutely, I have been through some things that I don't know how I made it to the other side. Granted I am not the same as I once was, and that is because I am now stronger from having dealt with it and moved on.
kindSound26
I don't know if you can "reset" your life, what's happened to you will always be a part of you. But it's never too late to change your life for the better and move on from what's happened to you!
NotDownYet
You definitely can. The only thing that would stop you from changing is not having the chance to change. We're still alive, we're still kicking. No matter what has happened in the past, no matter how horrible it is, the best way to tell that situation that you are better than it is and that it hasn't gotten you is by living a full life.
Anonymous
Of course! You cannot change what has happened in the past but you can try to change where you go from here.
Peacefulmeditation
Absolutely! You can live any life you want. Try to prioritize your problems and take them on one at a time until you become the person you want to be.
Nobody is the same but everyone can try to start over or make positive changes in their life from most situations if they allow themselves to do so.It can be hard at first to figure it all out ,but just take a break, a deep breath and focus on what it is that you are wanting to do and how you want to go about. If you need help, then talk with someone you trust or a trained professional to help you get back on the right track.
SpecialNeeds
Yes, you always can start over. ALWAYS. No matter how impossible it may seem, how trapped you may feel, there is a way out, the fresh page waiting for you. The thing is that people mostly don't want to click this reset button, they feel tired and give up, or whatever just don't strive to change anything anymore, but you want to reset your life since you are asking this question, so this is the main thing, if you want to, you can definitely do so. Good luck :)
Timetolive
The best part about past is that it goes far away from you never to return. This is the best part because your present gives you a second chance to make a change or in other words ..to reset your life. But all it takes is your first step and The Universe have to guide you on your path ahead.
Michelle0621
No,no one can do that,all we can do is moving forward and find our own ways out. We've come this far,there's no way for us to back to where we began,we can only rest,start over and move on.
Anonymous
Of course you can, there's always the possibility to make your life better and start with a fresh clean slate.
SpiceWithATouchOfNice
Yes, Take charge of your life. Fight for who you want to be, and not who you were in the past. You go glen coco.
kimmy500
February 22nd, 2016 3:51am
Yes you can you can retrain your brain to be happy you have to do it for i think eaither 100 or for 20 days. think of things you are thankful for and try to find positvity in every situation.
Primaluna
It`s never to late to change your life to the better, you could start today. And tomorrow your whole life would be better.
SkyBlue092602
You sure can! Resetting your life would be the best option. Start fresh. Life is like a video game, it can be reset for better haha. Embrace life. Embrace what God has given to You.
Anonymous
Reset? Not really. But look at it as a lessoned learned or an experience. Works better that way, don't you think?
NaomiDelle
The answer is : yes, yes you can. There's always a new start and a chance for everyone no matter what. It's gonna take an effort and it's gonna be hard, like a challenge at the begining but you can do it. After every storm there comes a rainbow. And no matter what you've been through, you can always start again and reset your life.
Care4You17
August 2nd, 2016 11:24pm
Of course! Failures to me are just speed bumps that you must cross in order to get to the finish line. If you don't fail, how will you learn what it takes to succeed?
meowcolin10
Life can never be undone. But life keeps going, with new possibilities for you to discover.
Anonymous
Yes, always. You just need to want to be able to hit restart and allow what happened in the past to stay in the past.