Does having anxiety make me a weak person?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

Ingrid9
Absolutely not! In fact, dealing with the struggle that anxiety can bring shows resilience, and proves you have the skills necessary to cope.
Drummaboi
No way! Not at all. Having anxiety is a normal thing. Everyone gets anxiety from time to time. Those who continue to have anxiety just need some help coming up with ways to allow them overcome it. It's a life long battle for some, as it is for me, but there are definitely ways to help calm the nerves and think clearly :)
Anonymous
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/anxiety-myths_n_4899290.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063 I thought this link could help :-)
fairmindedacai44
Absolutely not. Anxiety is a mental illness that can strike at anyone, regardless of personality. People who have anxiety are in fact stronger than most, since they have to deal with anxiety all the time.
daniellebee
No it doesn't. You didn't chose to have anxiety and your anxiety does not define you. Acknowledging that you have anxiety and seeking help makes you an incredibly strong person.
Anonymous
Having anxiety does not make you a weak person but it shows strength. That despite the person having anxiety, they do try to go out, it doesn't show that they are weak. Anxiety doesn't define you or your personality.
Mayaisthename
No, you just need to seek for professional help so you can figure out what's triggering it.
Anonymous
No, it does not make you weak. Anxiety is a serious matter, and shouldn't be labeled as "weak". Try to talk to someone about it.
Ari
Anxiety makes you be weak in that moment, but in an inner sense, you get stronger eventually. You know more and learn to deal with it , and with your problems
spectacularCreature52
Anxiety does not make you physically weak. Although it makes you think or feel that you are weak. When you feel panicked, breathe in and out slowly and calm your mind. Think of something that makes you happy and calm yourself down.
DivergentMockingjay
No, it does not. Anxiety is common, and everyone faces it at se ppint in their lives. For those of us who have it more often however, we can sometimes feel weak. You arw not weak though. You are strong because you face your anxiety when it happens. It takes a strong person to do that.
Savana13
No, it makes you strong because anxiety is hard to deal with and you have to be strong tomdo everything you do that makes you anxious.
Anonymous
Anxiety does not have to make you a weak person at all, in fact, your survival with anxiety through difficult situations demonstrates strength and how brave you are. Anxiety makes one strong, not weak.
Neverwhere95
Absolutely not! All having anxiety means is that you have an illness that makes your brain and body stress themselves out. Anxiety and all mental illnesses should be treated like real, physical illnesses.
eternalHero77
No it does not. It may mean there's issues that need be worked on but just because we have anxiety does not make us week. From time to time everyone experiences anxiety. For some it goes away almost immediately others need some help with it. Once help is received most of us can get rid of it or at least learn how to handle & control it.
ivysoul
Having anxiety does not make you a weak person. Having chronic anxiety is a mental disorder that changes the chemistry of your brain. You cannot help it, and should not be expected to ignore it.
Anonymous
No. No, no, no, no. You're incredibly strong for living with anxiety and still being here to wonder about it. There are lots of ways to deal with your anxiety, and your re never weak. Everyone struggles with different things. Your struggle with anxiety doesn't make you any weaker than someone who is struggling with depression, bullying, stress, breakups, a mental disorder, a physical disorder, or anything else.
bunniesgomoo
No it certainly doesn't. Anxiety is a natural response to stressors and every human being has a fight or flight response; some people are naturally more anxious than others but it does not make you a weak person. I hope that you're okay and always know that you're incredibly strong regardless of experiencing anxiety or not :)
Anonymous
I used to think that I was very weak since I seemed to be more panicky and anxious compared to my friends and relatives -- until I realised that having anxiety is actually making me strong, in a way that I learn to deal and manage my life through difficult circumstances. It's hard enough for people to live this life without being anxious, let alone when they have an anxiety disorder! We keep on living, though, so it shows how strong we are as a person. You are not weak because you are anxious.
JoannaC46
no! of course not. having anxiety doesn't make anyone weak. i, personally have major anxiety. anxiety is part of life, instead, it makes you stronger.
sereneSunshine87
No, having anxiety does not make you a weak person whatsoever. Ignore anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. I believe once you can manage and cope with anxiety, it makes you an even stronger person!:)
Anonymous
August 3rd, 2015 12:25am
Anxiety definitely does not make you a weak person. In fact, it makes you a very strong person. You are dealing with something that most people just cannot handle.
etherealocean
Absolutely not. Anxiety makes you one of the few strong people who have it. Anxiety is an obstacle in your life, and the fact that you are pushing through it says a lot.
Anonymous
Anxiety does not make me a weak person. It actually makes me stronger because I am dealing with it.
Nexilva
There is no way having anxiety makes you a weak person, my counselor was the person to tell me this, as he assured me of the fact that I could even face school even with how severe my anxiety was made me the ''strongest person he'd met that day'!' And i'll never forget that..
elina4345
No, anxiety doesn't make you a weak person because anxiety proves that you are caring about something that needs to be recognized. From schoolwork to work. Anxiety proves that you care.
Elizzabeth
Having anxiety does not make you a weak person, it's just the chemicals in your brain working differently from other people's. It's common, and you are not alone in any way. Whenever you feel like you're having anxiety, try to talk to someone or come online to 7 cups and we'll do out best to help you through it.
WeLoveAndCare
You are a strong person! :) You just need to show it, you're strong inside and we all have faith in you to be who you are :)!
ezria
Not at all. If anything, it makes you an incredibly strong person. It's very hard to live with anxiety so people who do have to live with it, are so strong and manage incredibly well.
Wilburt
No. Just no. Does having hyperthyroidism or warts much someone weak person? Misconceptions about mental illness are all too common in the community. A person with anxiety may have a panic attack and be unable to do a class presentation, that doesn't make them weak. It doesn't mean they just can't deal with pressure. Their brain is simply more sensitized and reactive to the stressful trigger. The only thing that makes someone a weak person is judging another without understanding the individual challengers they might face.