How do i start talking to a guy I like?

Deane Rain Marie, LMFT

I take a holistic approach in working with eating disorders, mood disorders, relationships, and the LGBTQ community. I use EMDR, Dreamwork, Stories, CBT and Cinema therapy.

CalmingRose24
It can be so dawnting initiating in conversation for the first time. How about keep it simple. Ask him how he and and what he is into etc.
exquisiteEyes29
Start with small things like asking him the time or whether he has done something( like homework etc) . or you casually bump into him and say sorry and then ask him where he is going....ask him if he needs any help
bubblingGrace29
To start, you should get to know his likes and interests so that you two have something to talk about and the conversations that you have with him are not one sided. It would be best recommended to start off as friends and then see how thigs go, best friends make the best couples. If you want to, you can also invite him places and get to know him like that.
Just go up to him and talk. Ask him on something that he is wearing/what he likes or anything like that. Something general to start up the conversation. Always remember being a friend first is important but know when to change the friendship into something more.
Cleeto
Just give your best shot and do it your way, the original you, which will make it easier and also gives you extra boost of confidence.
TamaraHelps99
Smile at him when he walks by and maybe say hi. I`m sure you will get to talking and learn more about each other.
pb6
Snapchat him. ;D. I do this and he answers me in a snap(chat). I think he likes me too though, which makes it easier.
blissfulVision89
Try to spark up a conversation with something simple. See if it leads you to a more interesting conversation
Fenixashes37
The guy should talk to you but honestly, it's very easy to fish a guy. All you gotta do is play your eyes to him. If he like you, he'll get the hint. If not, move on to the next one.
GigantMoonEyes
Have confidence and be mindful. Always say something rather than nothing. You can simply say "Hey, I like your (fill in) I'm (fill in your name) you seem like a great guy and I'd love to meet you, can I have your number?
stayStrong95
Try becoming friends with him. Crack a few jokes if he likes something learn a little about it and being it up with him.
MochiKin
It can get difficult to approach someone out of the blue, and it might be too ridiculous to force a conversation. In my experience, I always smile stupidly in front of a guy I like. In time I learned that it's not such a bad thing! I can smile at him and try to ask simple questions like, "How are you doing today." Sometimes, dropping a quick compliment also breaks the ice, "You look awesome today." Sometimes, it also helps to be a little perceptive (and if you like the guy, chances are you're *slightly* stalking him, too!). "The weather has been off lately... You sound a little sick today. Are you alright?" Easy questions usually do the trick.
HardiU
Say "Hi!" :) Go ask a question. There are a lot of possible topics. You could try for instance anything you are interested in by yourself. This way there is probability that you'll find out to have a match of interests. Another way is to ask anything you think the guy may be interested in.
Anonymous
I think the best approach would be to find something you are mutually interested in and start a conversation based on some common interests. Often times, something as simple as that, will open the door to a deeper conversation and allow you to really get to know each other.
gentleMelody
Find out what you like about him then engage with him on that topic or level. Always be yourself and let go of expectation. Whatever the outcome it is not a measure of your self worth.
Anonymous
Never be afraid to say hi and treat him like one of your girlfriends, minus the overly-long chatter and tone down the gossips part.
AngelHavens7
February 21st, 2016 3:42pm
This is my Favorite. I know how hard it can be talking to a guy, ( heart beats faster, sweaty hands, possibly red face ) best way to talk to a guy, is Confidence. Guys love confidence but be relaxed and casual on the topics you come up with to him.
Kelseylynn14
February 21st, 2016 8:13pm
Introduce yourself tell him a little about you. And ask what his name is. Ask what he likes to do what are his interest.
Anonymous
don't think about it so much :) just say a hello ! guys are not like girls ! just talk with him simply !
Chinup221
Honestly. I would do it in person. So many people talk online or over text message and it's just not the same. If you like him get to know him in person and then talk over text or online.
versatileSky92
Ask him about any music or TV shows he likes to watch :) (ps. most guys I know like shows like Walking Dead or Suits, but it can be anything you like to watch! It's a good starting point to see what you have in common :) ) also talk about your plans for the weekend or for summer and don't forget to ask him questions about himself too! Self-disclosure is key to starting a close and intimate relationship. :)
Anonymous
Smile with him and walk towards him and ask how he is,don't be nervous and act cool,try to communicate as much as you can.
Anonymous
Just introduce yourself in a nice way, ask him how is he doing and maybe you can find something in common with him to develop the theme :)
Anonymous
Approach him, and state simply that you've liked him or think he's attractive/funny, etc. it could be a little scary, but you'll feel much better after admitting your feelings!
Anonymous
All you need to do is just send him a friend request in any social media and greet him with a great hello! Start with a normal conversation and see where it takes you to. All the best!
BubblyTime13
Just have confidence. Everyone faces the same fear at one point in their life. Remember that you only can live once and you might as well make the most of it.
Anonymous
Look at him or smile at him. Go towards him, say hi and talk with him about mainstream things.. if the chemistry is okay, you can ask him if he's still in school or what he is doing in his freetime. Try to start a personal conversation.
Anonymous
Simply go up to him and say hi and strike up a conversation and try to find some interests in common
GentleNinja
Go up to him and say "Hi, my name is _ and you are?". If you already know the guy then try starting a conversation like "Hey, how's it going?". It is best to talk about him and limit talking about yourself. This will take some pressure off yourself to come up with conversation topics. It will also make him more interested in talking to you. Most guys like to talk about themselves. Of course you need to talk about yourself too but put yourself on a back burner. Talk about yourself when you feel it is the right time to mention a small comment about the related topic or if he asks you a question in return. Always show genuine interest in what he has to say and his interests. Be honest and don't pretend to be someone that you are not because that will come back to haunt you if you do. Drop him hints that you want to talk to him more and hang out. You can also just ask him if he wants to hang out some time. It really isn't as scary as our brains tend to make us think it is going to be. The biggest tip I have to offer is to ask him follow up questions to keep the conversation going. For example... Girl: Hey, how's it going? Guy: I'm alright. Girl: Just alright? What makes you just alright? Guy: Well I got a B on my test. So I passed but I didn't get as good of a score as I hoped I would get. Girl: That is still good! Don't let it get you down. Grades must be really important to you, huh? Guy: Yes, I want to be a doctor so I need to get good grades. Girl: That is interesting. I'm sure you'll make a great doctor. I wouldn't make a very good one. Guy: Why? Girl: I'm not good at getting good grades. I don't have a study partner to keep me accountable on my studying. Guy: I could help you out if you want. Girl: That would be great! Here is my phone number _ so we can stay in contact.
Anonymous
Just a simple hello will do the trick. If you like, get to know the person more, but take it slow. Don't want to rush things.