Why do I get over people so easily?

Sarah Archer, LMFT

As a Licensed MFT I work with clients to more effectively address, process and learn skills to manage the problems that prevent them from living the life they want.

peacefulkat
It may be because you don't get attached to others as easy, it takes awhile to open up to them and to fully trust them.
peacefulWinter54
Personally I think that is a sign of strength. If you can tell yourself that you are better off without that person, for whatever reason, and you feel you don't need time to cope or recover, it makes much more room for happiness and for people you do care about.
UntilThen
Getting over people easily isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. It may very well be that you are just able to handle those specific type of emotions better than most. If you feel that is comes from some other issue, such as lack of empathy or issues connecting with others, or some sort of mental illness, then try working on that issue and other life changes will come.
ParoxysmsJulie
That's not necessarily a bad thing. It may be just your personality and that's okay. It saves you a lot of unneeded stress and crying at the least!
spectacularForest
Because perhaps you dont feel like they have an important role in your life so your mind kinda automatically remove them
Anonymous
It could be that you've learned yourself to block the negativity out of your life a little faster than others, this can be because of events that happened in the past. This definitely isn't a bad trait.
Anonymous
Because they were never what you really wanted if that person were the one you wouldn't have let them go as easy
considerateVision16
That's just how you are. Consider that a gift because there are people in this world who take years to get over people.
Anonymous
Those people aren't as important for you as it seems. There's nothing wrong with that. I get over people easily too. Those people I don't consider important enough to run after them and beg them to stay
Anonymous
You have reached that maturity in your life, where you know what is good for you and what just isn't . That is a good thing , I am the same way, and I am also proud of it. If they were meant to be in your life, they'll come back. If not, then you made the right decision .
Anonymous
Some people have the ability to let stuff go and not feel guilty. But don't look at it as its being a bad thing
Thegirlwhowrites101
Some people just get over things faster than others. It does not mean you don't care or that you're weird. It is normal for some.
JustAFriendlyNeighbor
Because you know that you never really cared about them and they never really cared about you. This is ok!
medlgbtoutandproud
Personally, I think this happens only when you like that person and not in love with the person. Therefore the attachment between the two people involved is not as strong as expected.
Anonymous
because that's how you are. you get over people easily because you're capable of that. it is actually a unique skill to have in life considering getting over people, regardless of the situation is needed in times of life even when there is a crisis going on about how do i get over this friend? or how do i get over my girlfriend that broke up with me. appreciate that but also know it's just how you feel and those are your feelings.
YourTypicalAverageTeen
Getting over people easily might mean a few things, you may just be laid back and not ready to commit to a serious relationship, which takes a lot of effort, care and trust to build. Maybe you want to try different things before committing and simply aren't ready yet. Sometimes it means you just haven't found the right person to share a relationship with.
caringPanda09
Because they aren't worth remembering. I do believe this.. If i ever find someone who was so much useful for my growth path, i would never forget him/her. I will pray for him/her everyday and will always remember him/her. They are always in my heart.. and this feeling is so good than to wanting them again and making everyday difficult to live. It's bitter to know but it's true.. we are the one responsible for our own misery. People will leave, forget them who did bad to you, love them who always support you. And love blossoms in separation. Attachment is the enemy of love. About all those who did bad to you, think about it, if they are even worth to be in your mind? You are gonna meet so many like them. Just get over them is the only option to make everything easier. And there's nothing bad in getting over them.
Anonymous
It's possible you just aren't emotionally connecting to them to the level you think you are. I also tend to get over people insanely well and do not understand when people are stuck on a break-up or death for over a week because I simply just do allow myself to get emotionally connected to people to be hurt as such. It is possible you're doing the same thing with the same motive out of subconscious fear of being hurt. It is also possible you simply just get over most things quickly and there is not really a reasoning for it.
RhygonForest
it is not unusual or strange, some people have different way or timing in coping different situation
bestLove24
I think because that person you got over so easily didn't put such a good mark on you even if you did share amazing things. That special connection between both of you didn't last and maybe you didn't realize it was there. You don't have to feel sad about it because you haven't met your person yet :) I'm sure when you do, you will feel extraordinary!
omica
Maybe you haven't found the true "one" yet. It is not a bad thing to let go of people easily because it would bad to hold on to people.
EmmaDilemma515
Some people just have the natural ability to get over people easily. I never had that power to but a lot of my friends did. It might not have hit you so hard. You might not have the emotional connection you thought. There could be a lot of reasons.
Naturallyhappy00
You probably get over people so easily because guard you have up so that you don't get hurt later on
feelthelyricz
You get over people easily because people are disposable and replaceable. If you held on to people you cared about that hurt you, then you would end up like me :/
Anonymous
maybe you haven't meet the person who you really care about....or some people do not try to know you better
Anonymous
You might get over people quickly as your relationship wasn't deep to begin with and you don't think you've lost anything. You might not have emotional availability for other individuals in your life OR you might be depressed.
SweetSara16
Getting over people is no easy task, so I wouldn't put what you're going through in a negative light. Some people let their guard down and not even know it. Next thing you now, they are constantly thinking about that person and worrying about any confrontations. It seems you have built enough boundaries to prevent any attachment issues.
Pleiades924
Perhaps it's a subconscious defense mechanism or maybe your coping mechanisms are more highly-tuned than people who cannot get over other people so easily. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
Sweetheart280
Try to focus on you as much as u can..try to do things you enjoy..maybe there was something u wanted to do while you were with this person and he or shr didnt want to do..now u have the chance
BreatheEasy247
sometimes it's easier to push people away than to make an effort in relationships of any kind. I find myself distancing myself and being happy with solitude, which is not always a good thing