Why do I get over people so easily?

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

Anonymous
Any number of reasons.. but instead of writing you a list of them, I'd like to ask you to question yourself behind the why 1. Did you feel anything for them? 2. Did you feel release when you get over them? Did you feel a rendering pain before this time? 3. Did you feel on edge when you were with them? Do you think you really loved them? And do you think that you getting over them might've been because of relationship phobia?
Anonymous
Maybe you weren't that into them in the first place..
Anonymous
Because I do not get too involved emotionally, I try to maintain my distance and avoid getting close to anybody
Anonymous
I get over people easily, because it's easy to forgive and forget over time. We all make mistakes in the end, and when we do, we move on and keep moving forward.
Anonymous
The few times I've easily gotten over a crush or out of a relationship, I always talk with my mom and friends about it, because it makes me wonder, why it was so easy to get over. After I've talked to them, I always realize, that I wasn't that into them. How I know it? Well a few months ago I just came out of a relationship, where I thought he was the one, and I'm still not quite over it yet. So I think why I got so easy over the past crush's and relationships is, because I just wasn't that into them.
supportiveLove68
Because I am a surgeon, so as a defense mechanism in work, I pull back emotionally and eventually it became a part of me
peacefulkat
It may be because you don't get attached to others as easy, it takes awhile to open up to them and to fully trust them.
UntilThen
Getting over people easily isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. It may very well be that you are just able to handle those specific type of emotions better than most. If you feel that is comes from some other issue, such as lack of empathy or issues connecting with others, or some sort of mental illness, then try working on that issue and other life changes will come.
ParoxysmsJulie
That's not necessarily a bad thing. It may be just your personality and that's okay. It saves you a lot of unneeded stress and crying at the least!
spectacularForest
Because perhaps you dont feel like they have an important role in your life so your mind kinda automatically remove them
Anonymous
It could be that you've learned yourself to block the negativity out of your life a little faster than others, this can be because of events that happened in the past. This definitely isn't a bad trait.
Anonymous
Because they were never what you really wanted if that person were the one you wouldn't have let them go as easy
considerateVision16
That's just how you are. Consider that a gift because there are people in this world who take years to get over people.
Anonymous
You have reached that maturity in your life, where you know what is good for you and what just isn't . That is a good thing , I am the same way, and I am also proud of it. If they were meant to be in your life, they'll come back. If not, then you made the right decision .
Anonymous
Some people have the ability to let stuff go and not feel guilty. But don't look at it as its being a bad thing
Thegirlwhowrites101
Some people just get over things faster than others. It does not mean you don't care or that you're weird. It is normal for some.
Anonymous
because that's how you are. you get over people easily because you're capable of that. it is actually a unique skill to have in life considering getting over people, regardless of the situation is needed in times of life even when there is a crisis going on about how do i get over this friend? or how do i get over my girlfriend that broke up with me. appreciate that but also know it's just how you feel and those are your feelings.
funkycherry13
Getting over people easily might mean a few things, you may just be laid back and not ready to commit to a serious relationship, which takes a lot of effort, care and trust to build. Maybe you want to try different things before committing and simply aren't ready yet. Sometimes it means you just haven't found the right person to share a relationship with.
Anonymous
You have stronger mindset to get over things beyond your control. It may be useful to do so in order to move forth.
Iampandagenie
Because they aren't worth remembering. I do believe this.. If i ever find someone who was so much useful for my growth path, i would never forget him/her. I will pray for him/her everyday and will always remember him/her. They are always in my heart.. and this feeling is so good than to wanting them again and making everyday difficult to live. It's bitter to know but it's true.. we are the one responsible for our own misery. People will leave, forget them who did bad to you, love them who always support you. And love blossoms in separation. Attachment is the enemy of love. About all those who did bad to you, think about it, if they are even worth to be in your mind? You are gonna meet so many like them. Just get over them is the only option to make everything easier. And there's nothing bad in getting over them.
Anonymous
It's possible you just aren't emotionally connecting to them to the level you think you are. I also tend to get over people insanely well and do not understand when people are stuck on a break-up or death for over a week because I simply just do allow myself to get emotionally connected to people to be hurt as such. It is possible you're doing the same thing with the same motive out of subconscious fear of being hurt. It is also possible you simply just get over most things quickly and there is not really a reasoning for it.
KristinaJ86
Some people emotionally distance or seperate themselves when they feel that a relationship is not working. In cases when the couple try so hard to make things work, one or both parties may have given up - but fear of being alone may prolong a breakup. You may get over people quickly because you have emotionally broken up with the person before a physical breakup has happened. When you do finally seperate, you may also be ready for a new relationship. This in no way is a bad person. It just means that you know what you want in a relationship. It is important to communicate this though so that you remain emotionally connected in a relationship.
RhygonForest
it is not unusual or strange, some people have different way or timing in coping different situation
bestLove24
I think because that person you got over so easily didn't put such a good mark on you even if you did share amazing things. That special connection between both of you didn't last and maybe you didn't realize it was there. You don't have to feel sad about it because you haven't met your person yet :) I'm sure when you do, you will feel extraordinary!
EmmaDilemma515
Some people just have the natural ability to get over people easily. I never had that power to but a lot of my friends did. It might not have hit you so hard. You might not have the emotional connection you thought. There could be a lot of reasons.
Naturallyhappy00
You probably get over people so easily because guard you have up so that you don't get hurt later on
feelthelyricz
You get over people easily because people are disposable and replaceable. If you held on to people you cared about that hurt you, then you would end up like me :/
Anonymous
maybe you haven't meet the person who you really care about....or some people do not try to know you better
Anonymous
You might get over people quickly as your relationship wasn't deep to begin with and you don't think you've lost anything. You might not have emotional availability for other individuals in your life OR you might be depressed.
SweetSara16
Getting over people is no easy task, so I wouldn't put what you're going through in a negative light. Some people let their guard down and not even know it. Next thing you now, they are constantly thinking about that person and worrying about any confrontations. It seems you have built enough boundaries to prevent any attachment issues.