How do you know if your bisexual?

How do you know if your bisexual?

Danielle Johnson, MSED, Community mental Health Counseling, LMHC

Sometime situations and feelings can be so strong that we struggle to function. You are not alone! My practice is flexible and open-minded and tailored to your personal needs.

LonelyAngels
As far as I know being a bisexual means ur a person whose having a romantic preference towrds the same or other type of gender :)
MissMonMon
By definition, a bisexual is attracted to both men and women sexually. You don't have to have had a sexual experience with either gender to verify your sexuality but its generally the sexual attraction to both men and women. It's something that you just know about yourself. It's not anything you have to be told. It's also perfectly normal.
tiktaaIik
I'm not sure what my bisexual is meant to be, the question seems incomplete somehow- what about my bisexuality? Weather it is natural? If you meant "How do you know if you're bisexual?" It would make more sense so I am going to go with that. Bisexuality would be apparent if you had sexual feelings for both sexes. It doesn't have to be equal 50-50 of both (in fact it is said that most people fall into some sort of a spectrum rather than being 100% homosexual or heterosexual). While some people use bisexuality to explore, it doesn't mean that you "haven't decided" or "need to pick a side" or any of those things. Just do what comes naturally to you, but remember to also respect others boundaries while you do so.
Anonymous
A bisexual individual is part of the LGBT+ community. A bisexual individual can be attracted to both the same and opposite sex. If you feel attracted to both the same and opposite sex, regardless of 'how much' you are attracted to them, then you are bisexual.
Mollytheresa
If you are attracted to both genders and allowing to date both genders openly. Ps nothing is wrong with you if you like both genders. Why eould it be?
Listeningteen2016
There is no one way to know . It really is just about following your heart and seeing where it takes you.
EsmeRose
It can be hard to figure out your sexuality. There are ways you can figure it out though. Even through simple things such as looking at the same sex when they wear something revealing, developing strong feelings for the same sex. Seeing the same sex in tv shows or movies and having little crushes on them. But at the same time, still liking the opposite sex in that way.
LibraScorpioCapricorn
There is no better way to know by exploring different relationships and developing ones own knowledge through gaining some experience. I have been gender fluid and pansexual for years now and I find that sometimes I prefer men and sometimes I prefer women, and sometimes there is not a preference. It takes time and there is no right or wrong way of self identifying.
bokchoi
Do you feel sexual attraction towards your own gender? Do you also feel sexual attraction to another gender? if you answered yes to both these questions, you're probably bisexual.
Anonymous
You just know. When you feel the same way about same sex as opposite sex, you know you are.its the best!
EveryoneNeedsHugs
Knowing if you are bisexual or not isn't always as black or white as some make it out to be. Some people do know automatically.. But if you're not sure, it might boil down to experience being your next stop in figuring out your sexuality.
Anonymous
First of all, you know that you are bisexual when you are attracted to both gendeds; seeing either a woman or a man makes you think romantically. Can you imagine kissing a girl? Can you imagine kissing a boy? Does this make you happy? Sometimes it really is just a phase. You need time to figure this out.
thoughtfulHug67
When you feel sexually aroused when you see both genders. And you don't mind dating and kissing same and opposite genders.
Anonymous
If you're physically/romantically attracted to males and females. It may take a while to get it all figured out, but if you're attracted to guys and girls, chances are you're bisexual.
krazyzoeyyy101
If you'd date two genders, then you're bisexual :) Most people think it's boy and girl but "bi" means two so it's two genders you'd date
Caed
If you feel attraction for both genders, then you're probably bisexual. But since there are more than just two genders in the world, it's hard to say if some people are truly bisexual or just very sexually fluid
Anonymous
First you have to ask yourself, have you ever been attracted to both male and females? If so you then have to ask yourself, am i willing to be in a relationship with any gender? If you answered yes, you are most likely bisexual.
iamclam
Personally, I know I am bisexual because I feel both a physical and emotional attraction to both cisgendered parties. I still get confused sometimes but I am confident that I would treat the same sex the way I do for the opposite in a dating scenario.
Anonymous
Bisexuality is the attraction to both genders in either a sexual or romantic manner. Sometimes one can be unsure whether they are bisexual due to the fact they thought they were straight for so long and it seems abnormal due to society. Having gone through this myself, I found the best way was to accept the feelings I found for the same gender and then I accepted I was bi.
ZeddMikuMCR
Being bisexual is finding attraction, to any two genders, doesn't have to be male and female, though that is the most common one. It's basically just finding both Gender A, and Gender B attractive and not choosing, or not being able to choose just one gender. Example: Nick finds boys attractive but has never dated one, but he finds girls attractive aswell, making him bisexual for finding both genders attractive.
Anonymous
I've been comparing my feelings towards women with my feelings towards men, and seeing if they are around the same. However, this might not be the greatest idea considering your attraction to one gender can change. But if you feel a certain way about both men and women, then you are probably bi. I would also try to communicate with some of your straight friends, and see if there's a difference in how you view the same gender.
Anonymous
If you've felt attracted to individuals of both sex, you might be bi. Just a general thought of "I guess I would't mind dating both sexes" doesn't tell much. Look into what you have felt so far.
melancholiaa
You'll feel a certain way, it'll be the same feeling you get for a boy/girl. But this time it'll be a boy/girl.
Richie15
If you're attracted to people of both genders. Sorry, I'm oversimplifying but that's how I found out!
InspireTheLiars
How did I know I was bisexual? To put it as forward as I can, being turned on by both sexes was one of the first ways I knew.
Anonymous
As someone who has been learning and exploring my own bisexuality, I can say it can seem very confusing at times. I went back and forth a lot, feeling invalid and trying to convince myself that i didn't actually feel anything more than friendship for girls, but I grew a lot and accepted it. There's no clear cut guide to figure out your sexuality, but deep introspection and really observing myself helped me out a lot.
TheAdmirableCreatureAmanda
Well you have to take some time and ask yourself who you are attracted to. If the answer is men and women, then chances are you are bi. This is a oversimplified explanation but you really need to take some time and allow yourself to consider the question without judging yourself.
Anonymous
Do you feel attracted to both males and females? If so then you are most likely bisexual. You just feel it
Theresalwaystomorrow
If you think that you are bisexual, ask yourself how do you feel about each gender. Do you find yourself attracted to one or both? Do you think you could enter a relationship with either gender? Do you think that you could find yourself open about this with someone of the same sex or opposite? Do research and see if that helps you identify!
Anonymous
You know you are bisexual if you are sexually attracted to both male and female.