How can I tell my boyfriend how I feel about him?

Cassandra Coleman-Heppler, LCSW, LICSW

I believe that problems are separate from the person having them and that our own stories and how we look at our own stories directly influences how we perceive those problems

Anonymous
March 2nd, 2016 12:18am
If you're in a relationship with someone, it's highly likely that they care about you as well. In relationships, you should feel free to talk to them about whatever is on your mind whether it be deeper feelings, or maybe things you could work on in your relationship.
Anonymous
Go somewhere nice,sit down and talk with him.Tell him how you really feel and wait for his answer,listen to him how he feels too.
GentleNinja
Just tell him how you feel. There really is no right or wrong answer. Pull him aside and tell him the truth about your feelings. Maybe start off by telling him to hear you out before he says anything in response. The best relationships start with good communication. Try to keep your feelings straight forward without beating around the bush. If you beat around the bush it might anger him or confuse him. If you do not communicate your feelings towards him you will most likely continue to dwell on the feelings you have not expressed towards him. Getting whatever feelings you have towards him off your chest will help any anxiety you may have. You also might be surprised by the response you get from being straight forward and getting those feeling out. Good luck!
Amber105
Just get him alone and tell him how you truly feel about him, don't let anything hold you back. if you love him, then tell him so, if you do not, then tell him.
SunflowerHere2Help
Exactly what you said, tell him. He's your boyfriend so of course he wants to hear how you feel about him! Let him know how appreciated he is.
courageousHand17
March 2nd, 2016 2:46am
Sharing feelings with someone can be hard. Often times it can be hard to find the "right time" or the "right words", or we worry about how the person we are opening up to will react to what we share. The good news in this situation though, is that as a significant other, your boyfriend will hopefully be receptive of whatever it is you need to share. Consider thinking of a time when the two of you will be alone. Then, even a simple statement such as "I'd like to tell you something that I've been wanting to share" is enough to open up and begin the conversation, as well as let the person know that what you are about to say is important to you.
Anonymous
I always have found its best to be honest so just sit down with him and talk about your feelings face to face.
CallmePat
It depends how you feel. The key is to render your communication effective, be respectful, and be honest with him.
Anonymous
Healthy relationships are built on honesty and trust. If you are unable to tell him how you feel, it is probably not meant to be.
Anonymous
Just sweet talk him and tell him how you feel. For example if you really like him say i think your nice and im really interested in getting to know i feel very happy when i am with you.
handsomeapricot
It depends; is this something that would elate him or distress him? If you feel it will elate him, you can tell him the good things he does to make you feel this way. If you feel it will distress him, depending on the situation, you may want to consider telling him in a calm, public setting such as a café or during a walk.
Kabira
March 22nd, 2017 6:07am
Simple, by talking to him. Let it all out. He's your boyfriend after all. he will listen to you. You both have to be Happy with your relationship for it to work.
Anonymous
A good way for me to get things off my chest when I can't seem to find the words is to write about it. Maybe you can try writing a letter or message about your feelings. Or, if you DO want to tell him in person with your own verbal words, you could always write it out on paper, and read it aloud to him. I find that writing first helps me to clearly see what I want to say. It allows me to get rid of all the extra words that do not matter, and get right to the point. And I think you should do just that; get right to the point. I'm not sure how you feel about your boyfriend, but whatever the case may be, I think he needs to know how you feel! How you feel is important, and if anyone should know, it should be him :) A relationship lives off communication, and being able to tell people how you feel is not always easy. I know you can do it! Find a way that is comfortable for you, and just go for it! You will feel much much better after you get the words out, and no matter what his reaction is, you can end the day knowing that you told him how you feel. That is an accomplishment right there! I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!
SweetStrawberry23
It is always best to be honest. Sit down with your boyfriend in a calm manner and tell him your thoughts and feelings. Also allow him to have a say on how he feels too.
Brittnicole98
Write a long paragraph of how you feel about him and send it to him by mail or text. Never be afraid
kao6662
Ask to meet him, and just literally tell him how you feel about him. I know it might be hard at first, but you guys are dating so it's normal to tell him how you feel about him! goodluck!
Anonymous
Take it easy and just tell him. After all he is your boyfriend and would understand you more than anyone. Otherwise he wouldn't have been so close to you.
divinewillpower86
Relationship demands expression. there are many ways of expression. You know the best that your boyfriend has ever told you. Someone might like just a simple hug, a passionate kiss, a poem or saying I love you or even more like spending time. However it all depends on choices and what do you feel about him.
Honesty is the best policy especially when in a relationship. Sit him down and just tell him how you feel and how you feel about telling him and so on.
Anonymous
Make sure you are in a quiet space with no distractions. Open with a statement which calmly grabs his attention and lets him know what you are going to say is important.
Anonymous
Meet him in your free time and then tell him softly or you could write a letter and give it to him after school
Anonymous
Sometimes expressing your feelings about someone you care about is challenging, Personally, ive been with my boyfriend for 3 months and he is shy about telling how he feels about someone. I told him how I felt and it brought out his emotions towards me. Honestly, just be honest because honesty is an important part In a relationship.
bRenda09
It's all in the setting. Make sure to plan a day/night with him. If it's positive feelings go to his favorite place and simply talk with him and express yourself. If it is a negative feeling it is best done somewhere where he'd feel secure. At his house for example. Men also have feelings even though it may not seem like it sometimes and get affected with breakups just like women. They just don't show emotion toward the breakup like women do and keep it within themselves most of the time. Either way you should definielty speak up.! It's better to have said than never said and regretted.
crownrosemary
January 22nd, 2016 5:31am
Start the conversation with how he feels and get him more comfortable and open then you do the same.
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 10:15pm
Keep calm and find the time and place to discuss this topic, preferably when you both are having a nice relaxing time or just when you both are calm
Aspire2Motivate
You can try physically with actions(body language),verbally in words,writing,or other forms of art.
Anonymous
Sitting him down and having a serious conversation, removes phones and all other distractions so you are able to talk to him.
Anonymous
Write him all your feelings, you can do it on facebook, or a letter, and give it to him, communication it's very important in a relationship
Goldblosom
Well, telling someone how you feel about them is a very personal experience between you and them. If you feel that you both are in a comfortable state with each other, there should be no problem simply sitting down with them and speaking about how you feel.
CalmingRose24
The best policy is honest. If you feel like you need to talk to him sit him down in a chilled environment and tell him. He could be feeling the same after all!