Why does my girlfriend hate me all of a sudden?

Jovica Grey, LMHC,NCC

I work with issues such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, low self esteem, trauma, anger management, women issues, emotional disturbances and other life stressors.

Anonymous
I would try talking to your girlfriend. Sometimes being direct can help getting to the root of the problem. If you have tried talking to her and she denied hating you denied being angry I would tell her specific examples of what she has done to make you believe she hates you. When you confront her make sure to use "I" more than "you" like "did I do something that you don't like?" versus "why do you hate me?" Because "you" tends to put people on the defensive side and someone on the defensive side is less likely to hear you out and more likely to deny what you're saying.
LittleMissJoy
If you feel like your girlfriend is not fond of you all of a sudden then obviously there is a deeper issue. It would be best to ask her what's bothering her and is it something your doing to cause her to be distant. Another reason that might be causing her to hate on you suddenly is that she might have met someone else and the easiest way for her to deal with it is by hating you. In this case the best thing is to talk to her, explain how you've noticed how things have changed with her attitude towards you and hopefully she discusses with you what's the issue. Hopefully it is also something minor that you are able to fix and you can move forward with your relationship ;)
Meena
Maybe, she had some problem which she have no words to express. Give her some time and have some patience and ask her when she is ready:)
grintaehyung
Ask her what's wrong. Then comfort her if it's a problem. Don't force her into something. Understand her at all costs.
Anonymous
Now take a step back and think, does she actually hate you? I'd think not. Take a second to calm yourself, organise your thoughts and think, why is this happening? What I bet you'll find is that you can't think of anything. You want to know why? Because you haven't done anything to cause this. It is often easier to internalise our problems than attribute them to an external source. Speak to your girlfriend. See what is going on and discuss how you feel and how she feels. Listen to one another!!
museofdreams
Does she hate you? Could she just be upset and annoyed? How much attention are you giving her? Girls can be really complicated (guys too, sorry to break it to you) but the best thing is to be there to listen and be open to fit your life around her more. Being in a relationship means you care for someone, this sometimes means you need to find time for them and change things about yourself (like how much you listen to others) to accommodate that. As teens we're all idiots so we tend to not realize that until it's too late.
lovingSunshine93
Bottom line relationships are complicated. The other person you're involved with might be upset over something you did, that you didn't think would offend or upset them.
VanessaGraceStory
There can be many reasons. Asking her why would be a good idea. Do not assume or be judgemental as this may cause more issues to occur. But some reasons may be hormone fluctuations, mental illness, having a bad day, etc..
freshSpace85
I think it is probably something for you to work on together. I suggest spending some quality time often will ease up the tension and give you chance to work on your relationship
1amtony
Well with everybody, no one likes hating them selfs, sometimes the issue is with them, and sometimes it's with you and sometimes it somebody else. I remember when I had a girlfriend she would always push me out sometimes, but then I found out it was because of deeper problems not involving me.
Anonymous
It could be anger that has built up over time do to small mistakes (or what she perceives o be mistakes) made by yourself.Normally resentment sets in after a period of accumulated disatisfactions. As a result,she might be showing hatred towards you.It is also key to realize that women don't always mean what they say.So you would have to read into whatever they say to have a better understanding of their emotions.
bestFRIENDuWILLhave
It could be any reason, maybe something happened in her life, which you dont know and she is hating quite a lot of people around her. It is best to approach her and speak up about it and support her if she is having some issues. Please dont go against her but have a peaceful conversation.
RequiredGuidance
Hate is a powerful word, maybe feelings and emotions have changed due to a different path taken in the relationship that has changed. Has anything been different in the relationship in order you think she may hate you because of it?
Amy890
It might be related to many things: 1) hormonal changes in her body 2) bad, stressful period of time in her life 3) you might accidently do something what hurt her. There might be also many more reasons as well
staticSilence
Try to think of anything you could have possibly done to upset her. Try talking to her directly and asking what you've done, or if you've done anything at all. Once you know, you can try to reconcile it or make it up to her.
Anonymous
there could be some mixed feelings gone on and she could be angry about something try to see about giving her some space and talk to her about it later when she's not mad and remember to listen too.
Anonymous
November 22nd, 2017 5:51am
have you reflected back to something you have talked about or done? girls can be moody sometimes. maybe sit down and try to talk to her calmly and she might open up some so you two can work it out.
Lowridin7
Hello. I have been with my girlfriend 12 years now with 2 kids . We always r off and on but the close in years we make the further apart we become she and the kids are all I have and she is a social butterfly I don't want to lose her she broke up with me 2 weeks ago . I've been trying to get back with her but no budge with her at all. We were going to get a house and awaiting to close now she wants to get the house without me . I do you want to lose her and her getting the house with out me is killing me I don't know what to do. ........ she also told me if I don't take my name off contract she will make my life hell . Wat do I do
Kimberlyrz
There will always be issues in a relationship, maybe she felt like you have done something purposely or you don’t show attention to her as much as you did. Ups and downs are normal in relationships but the smart thing to do is know how to deal with them and not overreact.
Anonymous
maybe its something you said or did. Let her know you love her and care and find out why shes mad at you
Anonymous
Who knows? Sometimes talking about it with her doesn't help either. All I can say is seek help from your support network or from a professional
Anonymous
Your girlfriend might not hate you, but reflect on anything you might've done that could've hurt her feelings in the past. Were you ignorant towards her when she was trying to express her feelings? Did you say something hurtful towards her? There must be a reason.
ParradoxUniverse
Hate is a strong word, perhaps see it as annoyance first and then move on from there. If she is your girlfriend then you must have done something serious to incite hate from her, think back on all your interactions with her within the past few days. Move from there and you may find the answer is simpler than you think.
MotherWillow93
No one can answer this question but her. She must have a reason for giving you the cold shoulder and you won't find out unless you sit down and talk to her (calmly).
SxptxmHxlp
Maybe she discovered something about you. Maybe somebody told her something about you that it's not true, or maybe she is having a bad time.
Anonymous
Sometimes it's not that easy. Partners may feel that their significant other is showing more anger specifically towards them when in fact they may be upset with themselves. I personally get extremely angry towards my boyfriend of 5yrs when things are bombarding my mind. I see it as venting where as he sees it as this mean spit-fire coming at him. I would say, sit down and try to talk about it. See what is going on in both party's worlds.
Anonymous
Well maybe considering sitting down with her and talking about what’s wrong and see if u can work it out
LovelyPrincess95
This is something that cannot be answered unless she is the one to provide you with that answer. Ask her about it, don't stop after 'are you mad at me?'. You can always say that it feels to you that she hates you and that it makes you feel a certain way, that you want to clear the air and that you want to know what's bothering her.
RebelArtSoul
I can’t tell you why because i don’t know. I can tell you that a sudden switch in feelings and behavior is not really about you, unless you caused hurt. I’ve had this happen to me; found out later that he was scared of causing hurt or having conflict and that took precedent over handling things in the honest way with me, at that time. Whatever her reason though, i hope you have more understanding very soon.
PebblesPineapple18
Maybe she found somebody new she can’t suddenly stop loving you that’s if she ever did but if she didn’t then she stopped then maybe thers somebody new in her life