How to get rid of depression?

How to get rid of depression?

Luz Cotto-Charneski, LCSW

As your therapist I will help guide and support your unique process of self-discovery. I will witness you reclaim your voice and find a life of fulfillment, purpose, and ease.

Emily619
You can get rid of depression. Time is the key, and well treatment (meaning well friends, and surrounding yourself with joyful people) :)
KellyCanary
Hey rid of? Probably not. But I definitely think you can alleviate/treat it immensely. Never give up hope. Things may never be perfect, but they can usually be better. It may be hard work at times, but it's worth it to try!
Anonymous
Yes, you can. With proper physical exercise, medicines, right environment and the right people. But also positive thinking and doing things that you like!
Personalitikhum
Yes, with the help of a counsellor it is very likely to eradicate depression. It might take some time and people always say time is the answer.
brirose23
You cannot "get rid" of depression, no, but you can certainly learn how to manage it and find things that set you away from feeling depressed.
MandyCaliaba
Of course you can. It's never to late to get up and try. True warriors are the one who battle against their depression and keep struggling. If you fail 1000 times, then get up 1001 times :)
Katrine
it is possible to get rid of depression. it can be hard, but it sure is possible. as long as you are determined on it, it will be a lot easier, so don't give up hope, just keep fighting!
Sunshine99x
yes you can there are many different ways to get rid of depression but it is best to speak to a therapist or doctor
sweetSun27
I believe so, as long as your constantly discovering new and interesting activities each day. Also being outside on a daily basis can help as well. Go sunshine!
Anonymous
I don't think you completely can but you can cope with it. Depression is a lifelong journey of ups and downs but through the support of friends and family, therapists, and other professionals, it doesn't have to be a burden.
Anonymous
I don't think depression can ever totally disappear, but you can take steps to diminish it to next to nothing. All you need is a good listener!
handofheart
The way I see it, depression is like your life is being lived inside a clear box and depression is black paint. Sure, you can mix in a ton of optimism in the form of white paint to counteract the effects of depression, but you'll still have a tint of grey, no matter how light, in the end. I don't mean this in a bad way at all. Depression can go away in time but it's not something you can ignore. It was a part of you at one point in your life and even when you have more energy to do things and feel like getting your life together, there will be days where it would be easier to sink back into your old self.
Anonymous
Depression is something that kind of, sits on your shoulder and goes with you through your day and there are things you can do to make the 'weight' go away. Things that make you happy are always a good start, but many people find the exercise and eating right helps them feel better. You can only get rid of depression if you believe you can, and you try!
Anonymous
yes you can try by talking to people here, get some help from doctor, advice from counselling, try nt to think negative and etc.
StevensLion
I don't think so, personally. It's not really something that is curable. You can work on it and learn how to handle it better and deal with it properly, but I don't think you can ever really get rid of it.
Anonymous
It can be treated. Depression is chemical imbalance in your brain. You cant just "got rid" of it. It needs to be treated to get better.
originalLion57
I don't believe it goes away 100%, but you can definitely improve your life to the point where you've become stronger than your depression and so it doesn't get in the way of you living life to the fullest and finding happy moments with love and compassion.
Anonymous
Yes, you can get rid of depression. With a lot of support, hard work and dedication it is possible overcome depression.
OceanCalm16
Yes. A lot of people report that after struggling with it for a few months or a few years, they are able to move past it. The word "rid" can be a little inaccurate. As an illness, it is something you can fully recover from with the help of therapy, self care, medication, exercise and time.
MegEliza
Depression can be treated and cured. It takes time and effort, but it can be beat! There are medicines, like anti-depressants, that can help treat it, and other exercises and techniques, like therapy, that also help.
maryelizabeth
I believe it is possible. The road to recovery is no easy road, but if you can stick it out, it is so worth it in the end. It may seem that depression is something that will never end, especially if it comes and goes, but I think talking about it can really help, and if you learn more about it and how to deal with it, I believe in time, recovery is possible.
jolybean
yes you can! :) counselors, general practitioners, therapists, psychiatrists, and friends and family would be able to help and support you. it may seem like a long and difficult process, but you'll get there. :)
Destree
You can lessen depression until you don't notice it anymore. It takes time and hard work but it can become much easier for you until you are no longer medically defined to have depression. Although it takes trial and error.
BeaCat99
I don't believe you can ever really "get rid" of depression. But I do believe that you can defeat it. Depression is a strong force that can take over your entire life and its very difficult to fight and cope. It took me months just to full admit to myself that I had it and was suffering because of it. But once I did, I began working on bettering myself. Finding things that made me happy, Getting support. It is a long and tiresome journey that I'm actually still on. But believe that I'm getting there and one day, I'll no longer suffer from it.
Anonymous
Yes you can. just like you get rid of the flu. It sure is exhausting but it will be worth it because you will get better. Fighting is always worth it.
Oreo
Depression tends to be different for everyone. Some people get it from experiences, while some just feel it suddenly with little explanation. Some studies demonstrate a correlation of depression with certain genetic markers. Depression might not be gone entirely, but it can be treated to the point where it no longer affects the individual significantly.
AlovingFriend
Unfortunately depression can come in waves. You may have days, weeks, months, or even years of relief from chronic depression, but some life events can trigger it again. Sometimes depression even creeps back up when you have every reason to be happy, which can be frustrating and confusing. Being able to manage your depression and understanding what your triggers may be is probably more helpful than trying to seek a permanent cure.
Anonymous
You can quiet it. Depression can strike at any time. You can be prepared with the tools to cope with it.
Anonymous
Yes, I personally believe you can get rid of depression. It is not easy. Sometimes it takes therapy, medication, a change in one's outlook in life or just a change of environmental circumstances. I have never encountered anyone that has been "permanently" depressed. Keep in mind that though you can get rid of depression, it is quite normal for it to return. It's all a part of the ups and downs of life.
Pezzahx
Yes, if you hold close the people who care, such as your friends/family/people you trust. Teachers ect, they all want to help you succeed in life.