who do you talk to about depression?

Elizabeth Kincade, Ph.D.

I work collaboratively with clients because together we can make the changes you want and need. I listen and support and as well as advise and coach.

Anonymous
Currently I am depressed and I can't talk to my friends about it, they wouldn't understand. I can't sit at classes or at hangouts without feeling like its forced. I do always share things with family but they have expectations from me and they don't fully understand either. I'd just be a big disappointment. I want a promising life and I want to get past this but its all locked up inside and my only outlet is the internet and my Boyfriend. I am lucky I have him. He listens, he understands, he is my strength.
Lightnessindark3010
You can tell your parents about it and if you are not comfortable with it then try talking to your school counsellor. If you don’t have a school counsellor then you can reach out to listeners here who are comfortable talking about depression, with you
Anonymous
Whoever you are comfortable with talking to about it. Your mom, your bff, a therapist, yourself, etc.
Anonymous
Depression is a very sensitive issues and should be dealt with the utmost care. Talking to a shrink, near and dear ones are the best options, also talking in a support group often has its advantages
allthelove99
There are many people you can talk to. If you have family, friends, or teachers you trust then can always be helpful. To really get somewhere with depression if you want to get better, getting help from a psychologist or psychiatrist may be the best option.
Crest
Psychologists. Alternatively, try to click a few things on this site, it is not hard to navigate....
Leigh30
As an introvert person, I usually isolate myself when I am depressed. I could think clearer and eventually able to calm myself and finally get over it.
serenitynow04
Family, friends, doctor, therapist, other people that suffer with it. It's just finding people you trust to discuss it with.
liretarin7cot
I talk about depression and about how i feel to my closest ones. I talk about it only with the people to whom i trust. Like my mother or my really close friend.
speaktome
A Professional mental health expert, Friends, Family, and listener on seven cups of tea.
Anonymous
The best approach is someone who cares and will understand whatever you tell them and who is always very supportive of you.
SenpaiXD
Someone you trust. Someone you know that will definitely support you and assist you in any possible way. If there isn't anyone that you trust enough, 7cups listeners are always welcoming and caring towards your feelings.
Anonymous
I like to turn to the people on this website for support. it's a great community and everyone here is kind and welcoming
BatWings89
My partner, my counsellor, friends who I trust and my sister - talk about it with whom you feel comfortable, when you feel comfortable.
Anonymous
depression is a serious problem .. if it gets realy hard you need to contact a specialist ... other than that you can talk to a listener from 7 cups .. it might help you clear your mind
ptvDarcey
Mum, Dad, family, close friends, a doctor, a teacher: anyone you know you can trust is the best kind of people to talk to
JshoultyX
I often talk to my boyfriend about it, sometimes i do my mum but i find it very hard too show her my real emotions and feelings.
contentedDreamer38
When I'm feeling depressed I want to talk with someone who will understand, and help me smile again.
LewisWuTang
The most important thing about depression is that you actually talk to someone about it. I can't put into words how it does this but it does take so much weight off your shoulders! If you're struggling on finding out who to talk to about your depression you must ensure that it is someone who not only will listen to you, but someone who ill go out of their way to help you (close friend, family member). sadly I choose to keep my mental illness a complete secret so I go to a psychologist once a week and I highly recommend talking to someone who is educated in the field of helping people with mental illnesses (want to find your own psychologist? simply Google 'Psychologists in my area').
Anonymous
I talk to my therapist, my parents and to my best friend. I try to choose wisely who I talk to. Some people don't like to be told about your problems and can get uncomfortable and some people aren't good at listening to others.
Truckerwife08
For me it depends. Sometimes its my significant other other times its my father in law. Some people like talking to a councelor or they have alot of things they need to talk about.
wonderfulPanda76
When talking about depression, it is best to get help from someone you trust or even a school counselor. From personal experience, I always enjoyed talking to someone who I knew would care. I grew up in a pretty rough household so I remember always going to my school counselor for help.
Anonymous
January 21st, 2016 12:06pm
I've talked to people on here about it, and it might just be me, but I never really felt different after any of my conversations. I either talk to one of my friends who has gone through it before, or I write down exactly what I'm feeling then drink some chocolate milk and watch Netflix or read a Wattpad book.
CloudRider
January 21st, 2016 1:05pm
I haven't talked to anyone yet but if I had to tell someone it would be my teacher as they are obliged to help you if you ask for help.
Bblovetj
January 23rd, 2016 12:36am
If you have someone who is close to you and you trust them then you should talk to them about it. Here at 7 cups you are able to read about depression to have a better understanding about it or you can talk to someone that is able to help you with depression.
Santana
You can always call a depression hotline, or text a depression hotline number, or a very close person that you trust, i per fur a therapist if you have one
Anonymous
My closest friends, and therapist. They are my biggest support system and I'm lucky to have them. Or.. a listener on 7 Cups of Tea.
lyricalJoy42
A parent (if you're still at home), a psychiatrist/doctor/psychologist, a therapist, a close friend, listeners on sites like 7 cups. Anyone really. Obviously just use your common sense, don't talk to jerks or little kids who aren't ready for that kind of knowledge.
onthatgoodvibe
Only the most important people in my life the people that need to know such as guardians, best friends, your significant other, and a therapist.
SilentSerenityy
You can talk to members/listeners here, you can talk to people you're close with or a therapist. :)