Why am I so emotional right now?

Alison Humphreys, LCPC

During the therapeutic process, individuals will learn to manage transitions, overcome obstacles and work towards their full potential .

Anonymous
Emotions can come from lots of places: memories of past events, hormonal changes in your body, an imbalance of neurotransmitters in your brain, low blood sugar or nutritional imbalances, stress from external sources like work, illness or debility. To find out where the emotions are coming from, examine your life and your feelings conscientiously. How you notice you're feeling a certain way, ask yourself, what are you thinking about? What did you just eat? Where are you at in your stage of life, your monthly cycle, or anything else than can affect your mood?
BookwormGabby
I get emotional because I care. I care about people, work, myself, etc. And when I put my heart somewhere or give part of it to someone and something not so great happens to that person or thing, then I get emotional because it affects me. And even though I'm not usually not able to see this when I am emotional, but for me being emotional is normal and is good because I care so much about a lot of people and a lot of things. And those emotions or that hurt is what gives people empathy. So I know that the emotions hurt and are draining, but on the grand scheme of things, it's good that we feel because it means we care. And with people who care comes empathy. And empathy is so important in the world because without emotions and empathy, the world would be so much worse of a place.
humminghawk
It's tough to say without more information about you and your present situation, but here's my quick answer: Because you are a human being, and humans are emotional creatures, among other things. It's not a bad thing! However, if you want to better manage (not control) your emotions, I suggest meditation.
Anonymous
You most likely have endured several hardships or are currently facing them, and have not been given enough time in a peaceful environment for you to heal. Stressful lives and experiences can leave us feeling emotional as we try to find a way to deal with everything we are feeling inside. Attempting to find and deal with the main sources of pressure in your life, as well as involving yourself in some positive outlets for your emotions might help bring everything back to a more calm state ^.^
Erynn
Only you can answer that. It may help you to write about what you are feeling/thinking/wanting to do and eventually work down to what you are feeling and why you might be feeling this. It can also help to talk to other people - online or in person - to help you figure things out. If this is an ongoing struggle of yours, you may benefit from some form of professional counseling to help you get more in tune with your emotions and manage high levels of emotions in a healthy way.
RobynCares
Emotions are completely natural things, just like breathing or blinking your eyes. It's good to connect with what emotions you're feeling, and figure out how you can work with those emotions and make them positive.
Anonymous
Emotions can be fleeting, but sometimes they resonate. This can be a result of experiences that you have had. It is important to realize that your emotions are valid.
Anonymous
Maybe you're going through a lot. It's normal to feel emotional because everyone goes through things that triggers their emotions
Anonymous
We are emotional and it's normal to feel some kind of ups and downs. If the changes are very abrupt maybe you're suffering stress or anxiety. Try to do something relaxing, go outside, let your mind wander a little.
Anonymous
You can be emotional because something upsetted you or something went wrong and feel sorry and worried about it.
Anonymous
im not quite sure but take deep breaths and count slowly. use your sense to calm down. name 5 things you can see, smell and touch :)
Link22
There are many reasons you may feel emotional. Sometimes it can be mood swings. Or something really dramatic just happened in your life.
adaptiveWatermelon64
when someone has nothing to do in certain time example if i finished school finished homeworks and watched tv and got bored (the mind will have nothing to take its time to think and create the right and good emtions )so you will just start thinking deeply about things that doesnt make sense or things that would bother you ! i would recommend to do things and occupy your brain example play some games spend valuable time with friends family, go somewhere do anything that you like hobbies ect... hope that will help ;)
Marina727
Are you sleep deprived? Has it been a long time since you've had a nutritious meal? Are you dehydrated?
Anonymous
Maybe because it was triggered by some experience you've felt before and you associate it with the feeling.
HereToListen2You
You may have had time to think on your own and everything is overwhelming, due to a past occurrence you've been thinking about/experienced?
Emotions can be triggered by many reasons or situations. You can be very stress and it triggers emotions or very down and that can also trigger emotions.
Anonymous
Maybe you have been going through some stuff lately. Or maybe your body is progressing something that happened to you right now, even though this incident might have happened long ago. There are times in our lives when everything comes to toghter and we just break down and become emotional:) But it could be the hormones to. Lots of love!
Oliverofsummersgoneby
There are many possible factors for this. Try to find the root of the problem or what you think caused you the most stress now.
Anonymous
It's feelings that every one gets once in a while, don't worry I feel the same way as you and I understand what you are going through
Anonymous
It is hard for us to give an answer to that, many things can affect peoples emotions. Try and make a list of how you are feeling and what you feel is causing that
kunnupanda10
You could be anxious right now. Or something really bad must have affected you physically or mentally.
Malte
I think we get emotional when our skin gets thinner. If we deal with a lot of personal things at the same time we tend to get more emotional.
Anonymous
Something must have triggered it. Did something happen?
thaedeus93
ask yourself,no one can understand you better than yourself! try questioning yourself,it will help!
Anonymous
You are probably emotional because a lot of events have happened to you recently or you are just feeling stressed, tired etc etc. Embrace the emotion, let it out! and remember, we are always here to help and give up a listening ear!
Anonymous
There are five reasons that i can think of right now: One-stress Two-Hormonal Imbalance three-Lack of sleep four-poor eating habits of five-Depresson. you should talk to your doctor and do some research on all of these subjects and see what you find.
Shenzie
One of the songs on the radio, reminded me of my younger days, I feel emotional about the way i felt about things back then.
Anonymous
It depends on the situation. It could be a numerous of factors. It hard to determine why you're so emotional right now unless more information was contributed.
Anonymous
Being emotional isnt bad. Its okay to be flooded with them if you have hold them for too long. Just be calm