I feel extremely sick whenever I leave my house, what can I do?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

Anonymous
Take things one step at a time. Do not pressure yourself. One step forward is a good step. It would also be extremely helpful to get someone you are comfortable with to take you to some counselling for this.
fictionfreak09
I feel it too. I spent the last 3 months avoiding going out of the house as much as possible. But my friend was adamant about taking me out of the house, so she said that what I could do was try finding stuffs I love outside of my house. For example, i love books, so she suggested that I go outside and browse books in actual book shop rather than marking them as want-to-red in goodreads. I also found tickets to a book fair, so I went there and volunteered as well. So, for me, it is easier to leave the house when it comes to things I love.
Anonymous
I believe it is best if you try to reach a doctor as soon as possible because they will know whether anything is wrong.
Anonymous
Your probably experiencing anxiety. It’s so amazing, and helpful to have 7 cups. Cause you can talk to your coach every time you go out, so you can get your mind off of the sickness.
Loveablebabygirl23
Take a deep breath. Tell myself it’s going to be okay. Talk to a counselor or a therapist, too ease my mind of things.
Anonymous
Consult with a close friend or family member to go somewhere, and continue practicing leaving your house (at least a few times each week). Try not to isolate yourself when you aren’t required to leave, and take any appropriate opportunity to do things away from home.
Staying inside the house is depriving you of social connections, work opportunities etc'. The longer you stay inside the harder it will become to leave the house. I think that you might benefit from consulting a professional.
KimtheNaturalist
The feeling of being sick can be stemming from an anxiety associated with being outside of your comfort zone, AKA your home. You can try different goal-oriented techniques to help you release the tension associated with this. Bringing something with you from home, or mantras can help.
incredibleSummer78
Take deep breathes, focus on something that you love doing to seeing such as nature or a funny movie. Remember the task at hand on why you're leaving the house and reward yourself when you get home.
Anonymous
February 1st, 2018 9:19pm
Find what makes you sick and try to turn it to be a positive experience. Seek medical help if needed
sereneBreeze48
You are experiencing anxiety. You can try meditation or relaxation techniques that help you understand better the kind of emotions you experience in a particular siituation.
Victoria566
Maybe you can bring something that reminds you of your home so you don’t get sick? You can also try and tell yourself to breathe.
CaringCat94
It sounds like you might be suffering from some kind of anxiety. Are there any other factors besides leaving your house that might cause you to feel this way? Are you going to work/school/an appointment? Do you worry about being around other people or is it just a fear of being outside? Seek advice from a doctor or someone close to you.
Anonymous
Figure out what calms you down the most, it may take some trial and error but you will get there. Whenever you have this feeling use your calming method.
givenlemonsthrowthem
If it is anxiety based you could try grounding yourself before leaving. I also often find that preperation is key for making me feel calmer- making sure I am not rushing so everything is ready the night before.
Anonymous
May I suggest that this is a possible symptom of anxiety. You might meditate on the cause of the anxiety and speak with someone knowledgeable in the management of your symptoms.
Anonymous
Talk to a health care proffessional about how you're feeling and what the best practice would be so you feel comfortable leaving the house
Helpinggrape
As someone who dealt with this I can that listening to music through headphones can be a huge help.
B9Empathy
I think if you try and find something positive about being outside, it might make it easier and give you something to look forward to instead of dreading it.
highlyintuition1
Water drink water. Make sure it’s literally ice cold . Cold water numbs the nerves which will relax the anxiety
PasteDxpression
Before you leave your house do something that makes you happy. Talk to someone about why you feel that way. Then practice mindful skills before going out.
frostyDeer87
This could be your anxiety. This happens to me all the time so I bring a backpack with me and inside is my phone and headphones to listen to calming music and a pad of paper and pencils in case I want to write down how I am feeling.
professionalSunshine36
Take a deep breath think about positive things and think about your day ahead. Carry mints just in case you feel queasy.
QuirkyGirlSparks
I put my ear buds in and blast my favorite music. It makes me feel safe, enterained and my space feels protected.
PeacePrincessNZ
I also feel sick when I leave the house its a mix of anxiety and anxiousness just take a deep breath and try to count to 10 slowly then you will feel a lot better and calmer
SupportiveSockMonkey
Maybe you could try contacting a doctor for support on a possible diagnosis or treatment for this. Sometimes counselling and discussing your thoughts regarding leaving the house helps too. Maybe try keeping a thought diary when you think about leaving the house and write any physical symptoms down as well (e.g. feeling sick, sweating, light headedness, fidgeting) as this can reveal why you may be feeling this way when you leave the house.
perfectlyfruity6
Try finding out why, and then try to avoid it. Or maybe try seeking some help. There's also the opportunity that you can do something to keep your mind of off it.
delightfulShiny35
Go through previous experience and list down the reasons. Be ready to overcome those. Prepare counter measure. It would surely help
phosphenerelief
In the instance whereby this is happening due to an anxious or agoraphobic reaction then I would recommend that you research the symptoms of anxiety - the somatic reactions that it causes such as: heart racing, dry mouth, hot flushes. Doing this can be helpful in recognising that your symptoms are the result of anxiety rather than a primary physical cause such as a bug. This should help reduce feelings of emetaphobia and enable you to understand that you CAN do something to make yourself feel better by addressing your anxiety e.g. through breathing exercises, grounding exercises, counselling etc. Most importantly, as difficult as it is keep trying to leave the house, even just for a little while as avoidance only makes it harder - take it one step at a time and be patient with yourself.
kindPerspective84
Try taking 3 deep breaths before leaving the house. Think about what helps you feel better, and what type of symptoms you typically feel. If is nasuea you may want to leave tums and ginger chews by the door to settle your stomache. Maybe leaving the house wiyh your fsvorote musoc playing would help you power thru it. Try a few things that you like and help you feel better and see what helps!