How do I know if my ex is thinking about me?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Bachelor in Psychological Science, Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

Anonymous
you cant,, the only way you can know is if you talk to them. And ofcourse you need to think about i they are worth it.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2017 12:25am
Maybe try talking to them about it, and see how they feel towards you. If you love your ex, then tell them, if not, just confront them if you want to know how THEY personally feel!:)
Anonymous
Honestly, the only way to know is if they tell you they are. If you are wondering this, it may show that you still have feeling for your ex.
Antimony
January 3rd, 2018 10:39am
if they initiate conversations with you or generally still sticks to you then she is, but you can also ask her/his friends
KingAaron84
You don't and the question you should ask is do you really want an ex thinking about you? What pleasure or joy do you really get from a person who you aren't with thinking about you? If I was you, I wouldn't want an ex thinking about me.
TakeMyHand13
He may still seek contact with you, talk to you, look at your pictures and social media. Most ex's create distance to get over one another, however if this person still wants to be with you or friends, he will stay in contact and still keep close to you. Eye contact is a good sign, if he looks at you often still. Sometimes signs are subtle. Sometimes, however, we think the signs are there but really its ourselves that are still craving the connection to our ex's.
Anonymous
ask your ex, and if your not allowed to see then, that's not possible, unless they post somthing online about you
avaryteal01
You don’t. It’s your ex. I know you loved them once, but it’s over now. It’s best to stop drowning on the past.
Anonymous
Maybe you should not think about it, sometimes a ends comes to brings a new beginning. Maybe focusing on the present moment will be more rewarding than thinking about what doesnt belong in the now. And if it is meant to be. it will be so don't worry too much if your ex still thinking of you and start to think about yourself.
nataliejuliet
Your ex probably will reach out to you and ask you how you are doing. Even your ex just saying "hey" would indicate that they are thinking about you.
HugsNPugs3
You don't need to think about your ex anymore. The past is past you have to let it go you can't continue on thinking about the past anymore you have to live the present moment and forget about it.
Liouma
Mainly by social media stalking, talking to their friends about the relationship, posting in their profile a song you used to hear together, keep trying to stay in touch in any sort of way
TheCup5893
Waiting, I suppose. If your ex returns, they were probably thinking of you. Or else, they've moved on, even though some things remind them of you. But more than their thoughts, what really counts is their interest in staying in touch with you. I hope that helps you with whatever you decide - waiting or moving on. :)
BerkserkDog505
they constantly message you or they act they same way they did when they first flirted with you :) it's obvi then.
SupportiveSockMonkey
There is no way to know this, even if they tell you because they may lie for a wide range of reasons. It would be better to try and not think about this as it can cause a lot of distress.
Anonymous
talk to them. there is always a stigma on what to do or how to act around and ex but remeber they are people lust like me and you they may pretend like they dont have feelings but truth is everyone does and there is nothing wrong in keeping a relationship with an ex and just ask. if you dont ask how will you ?
Listenerjulie
That’s easy. If he checks your social media, likes your photo and texts you back. Also if he gets jealous. Sometime they might not show it though.
breathexcry
June 2nd, 2018 7:11am
Well, to know if he is, you can talk to him. If he talks back to you, he's probably at least thought about you.
Anonymous
You can't exactly know when or if someone is thinking about you sadly . so I can't really answer that question
LeiaVallerie
Because they are 'thinking' about you, it's virtually impossible to know. But, they may have told their friends about their thoughts. If you have mutual friends, that friend may slip what your ex said out if you are sneaky with your questions.
Anonymous
if they are texting you a lot, and looking at you, they are thinking about you. maybe you need to consider talking to them about it.
ALAL2019
Never think about it. Or even dream about it. You must move on in your life. You have things bigger to think about it. Not your ex
resourcefulFreedom38
The best way is if he contacts you. Another is if someone tells you he was talking or asking about you.
bubblegumWaterfall44
You don’t. I have this issue all of the time, and it’s been 6 years for me! I’m so sorry you are feeling bad about this. Things will get better. Just relax and know you are a great person and you’ll find someone special. Keep yourself busy, get out and have some fun. Then you won’t think about it so much. Remember to take care of yourself and don’t let the depression and anxiety get ok top of you. It’s all mind over matter. They say the best revenge is doing well. Then you’ll have the upper hand and you’ll be with someone much better.
Anonymous
I was once told to never seek an answer for something you can't really find an answer for. If your're wondering if your ex is thinking about you then wouldn't he have texted or called you? I have been through that same road for months wondering if my ex is thinking about me or not. However, I came to the realization that I shouldn't be wasting my time on someone who finds it so hard to let his ego down to text me if I am on his mind. My best tip for you is to learn to love yousrelf and use that time to think about becoming a better version of yourself. Make him think about you for a change!
competentCloud36
November 21st, 2018 5:47pm
There are many questions you can ask yourself to determine if your ex is still thinking about you. For instance, does he still talk to you and text you a lot? Is he sending you random texts about things from your past relationship? Does he smile when he sees you? Sometimes, ex’s stay friends and sometimes the love never goes away. Sometime you can talk to his friends and get an idea if he is still talking about you to his friends. You can ignore it or you can continue responding to him if you see potential to get back together.
colourfulWillow64
December 2nd, 2018 4:25pm
Honestly, you don't know. But if you have seen signs from him like texting you to see whats up and asking how you are doing then there is a pretty good chance he is thinking about you. If you really want to know ask him be direct. Or ask his friends if he has been thinking about you. If it were me I would just ask my ex if he was thinking about me instead of me guessing if he is or not. If he says no then you know your answer. And if he says yes then you know that he may still be into you.
Anonymous
I think the best way to know is asking them, though it may sound too risky! Their actions should speak up and they will tell whether they are still thinking about you or not. I suggest you pay attention to how they treat you, talk to you, or even how much time they try to spend with you if the two of you are still close. If that is not the case, there will be some hints. They will surely come back around eventually. Give it time and pay close attention to the little things, the sure matter!
Anonymous
You could look for signs, like if they're showing some kind of interest, that might mean that they're still not over you. Yet if you cannot seem to recognize any signs, the best way to know could be sparking up a conversation, that is if you are also still interested, but if you're not and you just want to know if they're still thinking about you, then that might not be the best idea. However, the best way to know how someone is feeling is always through directly talking to them, signs might be deceiving and you might get the wrong idea.
RiosMisadventures
If an ex is thinking about you, they will most likely be attempting to remain in contact with you. However it is very hard to know for sure. But that is definitely a key factor, you may also realise they look at you a lot when they have the chance, or maybe like pictures of you and comment on social media. If you feel the relationship meant something special, chances are they are thinking about you. Because you have been a part of that persons journey. It is perfectly normal to ponder if they are thinking about you. Love, Rio. :)