What is the best way to get revenge on an ex?

Sara Radford, MA Clinical Counseling

Within the context of a supportive, collaborative relationship I help clients to explore themselves in a effort to create healing and lasting positive change.

blindParadise96
I would say the absolute best way is to move past him/her. Show them that you were happy before them and will be after them. They don't determine your happiness.
purpleidea777
Let go. You owe it to yourself to forget them. Let them go out of their mind over you. And then do nothing about it. Move on.
BeyondTheSun
Don't try to get revenge it won't help you feel better . Ignore them pretend they don't exist cut them out of your life completely.
Anonymous
move on and never look back
HarleenQuinnzel
The best revenge is showing them you can be happy without them. We all want to show him or her what they are missing.
MissAva
smile, be happy, and just show them that you dont care about them, thats the best way to get revenge!
divinewillpower86
Revenge is a word similar to Boomerang! It's like hurting back! If your EX is the source cause the possible freedom could be Moving ashed. We can't change the past! But we can change the Present and there by future too!
WiseOldManCounseling
March 3rd, 2016 1:32pm
Don't do it! Revenge behavior indicates ego defensiveness and lack of ability to accept loss. Goodbye means goodbye.
FloralFreud
March 3rd, 2016 11:09pm
To move on and keep yourself happy. Revenge will only make you feel worse in the long run, whereas showing an ex that you have moved on peacefully and are still happy in your life.. now that's revenge!
pjjensen23
Living well is the best revenge, but we can't help but fantasize about whipping out methods on an ex.
softShoulder21
Be happy on your own.. do much more things . Achieve success and just make sure he knows how happy you are ever since he left
Dee95
To show him/her what they're missing! Show them how beautiful and how happy you are. :) That's all that you can really do.
LucidDreamer17
I personally believe the best way to get revenge on an ex, is showing them you don't care. When my fist ex boyfriend hurt me (4 years ago), I was upset for a few weeks, then as soon as I started posting my progress in life and I posted pictures where I was happy, he came crawling back, and I said no. And best part of it was/is, he's still trying to get me.
Lozzur
Be the best you, you can be. Use it as motivation but dont make you ex the reason why. What are somethings you want to achieve? achieve them? volunteer or help someone out or kick ass in your exams focus on YOU! The worst is when your ex is doing better than you emotionally, educationally or any other aspect. Focus on yourself and your energy and good things will come, eventually you won't even care about them... hope this helps
beautifulPainting66
Live your life. Actually don't just live your life, thrive in it. Have a fun, fulfilling life and don't pay any mind to your ex, they aren't important anymore, especially if they did something so bad that you feel the need to get revenge. Your future success and happiness will show them that they lost someone amazing :)
Anonymous
Dont revenge you wont gain anything the best revenge is moving on and focussing on yourself thats the best revenge take the breakup as a lesson and leave it in the past
datperuviandude
Like that tumblr text post I once read : "The best revenge it's to improve yourself" And it's true. They will see what they have missed :)
JonTR
The best revenge is to let them go. Let them go without a fuss or struggle. It is the best option for you in the long run
Readinger
The best way to get revenge on an ex is to grown from the experience of the failed relationship. Become a better, happier and healthier version of who you are.
Anonymous
Live life the best way possible. Don't get mad, get happy and live your life in a way that doesn't involve your ex at all.
EarthyElizabeth
The best way to get revenge is to live your life better then they will. To be strong and go above and beyond
CloudyPilot93
Revenge can often leave the revenger feeling as bad as the revengee. It takes far more effort to actively hate someone than not. Don't worry about them. Focus on your own happiness, and not other's misfortune.
RoseAngel
The best type of revenge in anycase is to make yourself a better person and live a happy life. To wish all the people who hate you a very good luck. To smile and move on!
lovelyForever86
Move on be happy do better for yourself. Look good smell good smile. Enjoy yourself and that will get to him i promise
Stephenathome
Be happy and move on. To harbour hate or pain just lets them still be in control of you. Let them go and be kind to yourself.
Anonymous
I think its best to not focus on getting revenge on your ex. Although, they may have truly hurt or betrayed you, seeking revenge will only stir negative emotions and probably make you feel worse or more empty in the long run. Focus on forgiving them, for your own peace of mine, and moving on.
Anonymous
I spent too long dwelling in the past thinking about an ex. What will revenge ultimately accomplish? Moving on can help to focus on a positive rather than a negative.
TheColumn
Move on and be happy. Have a life and don't ever think of him/her again. Find happiness and smile every day. When he/her sees you, this will be enough.. To see what is lost is ultimate punishment.
Anonymous
February 21st, 2016 3:11pm
Moving on. Yes, that's the best possible revenge that you get on your ex. I know people try to do crazy things at time just to hurt them but it's pathetic and shows that you cannot get him/her out of your mind. So best possible way for a revenge is to move on. Make them realize how strong you are and how their existence doesn't affects your survival. Believe me, it works :)
Nadiny
I dont think you have to get revenge from a ex, but the best way is to ignore him and be happy. VERY HAPPY!