Where can I find psychology internships for high school students?

Michael Hofrath, Ph.D. Candidate

The only way to the other side of pain is to walk through it rather than around it. Life is a continual journey. Sometimes we get stuck. I will help you get unstuck!

Anonymous
Yes!! High school students are welcome to participate in the internship program designed for college students. Here is the link to learn more about the internship program!! https://www.7cups.com/communities/internships/
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2015 12:51am
7 Cups of Tea DOES have an internship program! Although it is not explicitly for sychology students or high school students, it is a great step for anyone who wants to be involved.The internship can be found on the website and you need to register for it. While it is fairly involved, I am sure it can be a rewarding experience!
USAFVeteran
7Cups offers a wonderful opportunity to learn how to help others in a professional and supportive way. While the experience may not match that of a traditional internship, the training and real-world situations likely exceed that of many internships. There is no substitute for real experience helping real individuals in need.
PeaceForYou
Yes. 7 Cups of Tea is a great place for students to serve as non-paid interns and in turn receive credit for their academic programs.
Anonymous
I'm sorry I have no clue. Ask someone else. I haven't been a listener for long enough. Sorry!!!!!!!!
blackHorizon52
Google and youtube is the best option. You can follow some Psychological internship sites through online.
Anonymous
You can always go to Psychology.com or you can browse through some of our active listeners and ask their opinions.
GohBot
I'd look into volunteering at your locl mental health clinic. Alot of these places are underfunded and in desperate need of volunteers that can perform simple tasks. You get to experience what goes into mental health care and the reality that alot of your patients live through every day.
kennethbpm
http://www.apa.org/education/undergrad/research-opps.aspx Hope this would help! Basically depends on where you are! But you can try an internship at a college as an under of a Councillor Hope i Helped
Anonymous
Try a university or college near you. Large therapy offices or mental institutes may also be a possibility. Small or private offices are not likely to be of help. It can be difficult to find internships in this field and other theraputical fields because of the patient confidentiality and the personal aspects that go into treatment, but you should be able to find something of interest :)
Anonymous
Yes they do. We would love to have interns here! I know this one girl who is in high school and is a listener here and she does amazing work!
Anonymous
While 7Cups does not have psychology internships for high school students, it is a great place to apply and further a commitment to the well-being of our members and guests.
Anonymous
Yes, there are internships available, I suggest you contact one of the 7 Cups Ambassadors to get more information about it
Midichan
I do not think there is. But listening to other people can make your life experience richer. I hope that helps.
EnigmaticRebel
Maybe lol, I don't know for sure but I thought the internships were for college and in some high schools they offer college level courses, I think though that it's for those above high school.
PRUNE4BEE
OH my goodness ..not that i'm aware of. However if this is the case, i say EXCELLENET! I think youth needs better control of their minds and emotions
TamaHawk
At this time I believe it is only offered to undergraduate and graduate students. If the student is dual enrolled in high school and junior college perhaps sending them an email or a message requesting if they offer any modification to their policy might be a benefit. The worse they can say is no, and you can try being a listener for a year getting a lot of experience as well as helping some people along the way!
Anonymous
Yes i believe they do. Asking a listener who has been here for a longer period of time would be a good idea, so they can instruct you as to how to get one and so on.
Anonymous
I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing that they don't offer that here. I apologize! You might want to check out the forums here at 7 Cups.
Anonymous
yes 7cups does, they offer many oppurtunities for young high school student listeners and helpers around the world
Anonymous
August 22nd, 2015 8:53pm
yes it is minimum 8 week on-line program.You can get information by going to website about option, graduate undergraduate intern ship program .
Anonymous
August 23rd, 2015 10:28am
i think it does,it is closely connected with problems high school students of that school have and is a good practise.
Anonymous
i' m posting because i am waiting for the answer to this, ive had this question for a very long time
LauraMSW87
It looks like the internships are only for college and graduate school students. If volunteering is something you're interested in, starting out at a nursing home can be a great way of getting some experience with a population with a variety of psychological concerns.
Anonymous
I happen to know phycological study's, I wish that I would have don't an internship with 7 cups before I started with them. However the training we are offered is brilliant.
Tomislav
I would love to know the details to this please. I am seeking a mentor on this page to help me grow as a listener and a person. People are noticing i am talented at this and i would love to improve, although i have no formal education in psychology. I want to be better at helping people, somebody help me please. P.S. You can apply for internship on this site, but i am not familiar with the details.
Br33zyS3tz
Its great to ask this question; I am currently interning with 7 Cups; 7 Cups does indeed offer internship opportunities for those involved in the social science and human services field, both for graduate and undergraduates:) 7 Cups would be pleased to have you as part of their intern team, dont hesitate; good luck if you choose to engage.
Anonymous
Yes it does. 7Cups can help high school students. If you're in high school and are having troubles with anything,this place is a great place to come.
BeautifulMist62
I don't think so. There are only internships for college level students, I think. But please feel free to email Laura or the 7 Cups community!
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2015 9:53am
As Far as I know 7 cups of tea provides internship for Graduate & Undergraduate students. You should give it a try.