How do I know if I'm in love?

JaNaè Taylor, PhD, LPC

I work to provide culturally tailored services to my clients through support, advocacy, and reflection.

carefulBanana3419
My mother gave me the best answer for this. If you have to ask yourself, you're not in love. That's not to say love can't grow, or you don't care about this person. But right now, today? If you aren't sure, it's not there.
MeghanTheMermaid
You know you're in love when you feel like the best, happiest, most completed version of you around that person. When you can't imagine your life another day without them. When they're the first person you have to tell everything to. When you share dreams, goals, future plans.. When you both want the very best for one another and make compromises, when you prioritize the relationship, and respect each other. That's love!
You will know when you are in love because you will never feel the same way that you feel for that person then with anyone else. You are willing to sacrifice your time and effort for this person. You would do anything to be with them as long as you can.
Askath
It is the moment when you can´t get her or his name out of your head. You wish that this person would be always just next to you, where ever you go. And you feel alot happier as soon as you are around this person.
skylerraber1234
You know your in love if both you and your partner can go through a really tough time and come out closer. You will never have a perfect relationship but your significant other will respect you and support your passions. If you can't see that person with anybody else and are willing to take a bullet for that person then I think that is as close to love as you get. Lust is only temporary but remember love is forever and if forever scares you, it's lust.
Anonymous
It sounds so silly, but you'll know. I would describe it as being completely comfortable around someone. It isn't that they never make you mad, or annoy you, but that you want to be with them even when they do.
cherry09
You may be more interested in the person and you'd go on their social media and start to look at their pictures and start learning more information about them. You will get the !!!!!!!! Feeling when you talk to them and it'll feel great
Anonymous
You feel at peace with someone. You love their flaws as much as their perks. You can see someone growing old with you and it doesn't effect you negatively. You just know.
YasmineNotYours
you're in love when everything makes you think about him... When his imperfections seem perfect for you, when you find yourself daydreaming about him. Ask yourself if you'll always want to be with him whatever could be the conditions (no job, disease, ...), can you see yourself with someone else than him ...
safespace4you
To be in love you always have them on your mind. Your heart pounds overtime you see them and butterflies come into your stomach when you see their notifications on your phone. Its someone that you would spend a whole day with doing everything and nothing but it would never be a waste of time.
OfTheSpotlessMind
It could be something different for anyone, ... but I would say that it's when you feel like you care about that person more than you care for yourself.
Anonymous
This is a great question, and i have been asked personally the same, i think there is no clear answer to this,it is simply a feeling, and the best answer i can give is this: love is when you look into your significant other's eyes and see the "love" reflecting in his/her eyes. it is a feeling of HAVING to fight and endure everything and anything just so that other person is happy, it is a feeling of wanting to spend all your time with that person and lighting up with enourmous joy when seeing that person.
Anonymous
I think when the person makes you feel like you should be a better person and you feel you want o be a better person for them. You can almost feel their pain.
RaCat
I think nobody can answer in this question. I am still wondering if feelings I have is love or it's something else. I think that's because everybody understands "love" differently. But if you are feeling great and safe when you are with that person and if thinking about him/her makes you happy you are probably in love :)
Anonymous
You will knew it ! It will strike you one day without a warning. It's strong, make you feel happy, and you will want to do everything for the other one. Trust me you will know if you are in love ! But the reality is that you know after the relationship if it was after you sacrifice everything but didn't worked out or magic is gone. It will haunt you for years until you get over it. I have to say this there's a big difference between attraction and love and most of people are confused by those two definition, it's wrong. Love happen one time and it's poison you must avoid it once you've tasted it you will never get rid of this until you accept not forget.
roselukm
'How do I know if I'm in love?' that really is the crucial question isn't it. I have spent time reflecting on this question, and looked back on all those times when I thought I was in love. I was not. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, maybe I was naive,or maybe I was just too desperate of feeling that feeling of love that everyone longs. Whatever it is, it was not love. But when I got to know a special person, I would unconsciously look forward to spending time with him, I would find myself smiling thinking about him, and would accidentally do things he told me he liked me do. I'd ask him how his day was, make sure he went home safely, and laugh at his stupid joke -though it was not funny, at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you won't consciously know that you're feeling this type of way, that you're feeling love, until you observe the little things that you do and realize that hey, I care about him. Love is not something to know and think about. It is something you feel.
Anonymous
I know if i constantly think about him or if i feel my heart beat go faster when i am close to him.
Anonymous
You feel warm and tingly inside. You smile a lot, and just hearing their name, you blush a little :)
Anonymous
Your heart will skip a beat each and every time you see them or hear their name. You're palms may get sweaty, and your heart could be beating fast every time you see them and your eyes will literally light up and sparker
Candid0211
That's kind of simple.. your heart start to race and you look for a reason to be with other person. The thought of them gone just kind of makes you all panicking.
ALItheKind59
you are in love when live goes well, you smile without any reason.you are satisfy from your life.. but make sure don't limit your love with human or animal. i love by JOB.. ITS GIVE ME PLEASURE
ItsAlyssa
When your in love you feel happy with the person your around they make you feel safe and forget the things that made yoj feel bad
Anonymous
My mind turns into a ticking timebomb, and an unconctrollable fear of it makes me feel as if I am losing controll. Actively, I try to manipulate myself to believe I have emotions for others, even tho I know it is false. Eventually, I have to give in, as I know I can't keep on messing like that.
silentmirror1995
Stand in front of a mirror and look into your eyes. Then after having a deep gaze through them take a deep breath and close your eyes. Then slowly exhale it after holding for 6 seconds. Then let the person who you think you're in love with to flood over your mind. Then suddenly open your eyes. If you can still feel his or her existence around you then yes, congrats! You're in love!
Anonymous
There is a certain level of comfort that you find when you are in love with a person. As if you could show your good and bad side and know that he/she will still admire you. You know it when you are feeling more than ever like yourself with them. When you they care about your wellbeing and
Anonymous
You are happy when you hear their name mentioned. You think about them everyday what they are up to. They are your best friend. You enjoy spending time with that person
Anonymous
I knew I was in love when I saw him look at me out of the corner of my eye. He had this look on his face like he just won the biggest prize, he always made sure I was okay and had what I needed. We look out for each other, take care of each other. After about 3 months I realized this was someone I could spend the rest of my life with and fell even deeper in love when I found out he felt the same.
SunShineAlwaysGrateful
I do believe love is an action word....it is what you DO and treat someone! ❤️ Love is that crazy fillled your heart mind and soul feeling too no doubt but fill up your love tank with actions daily!
Anonymous
You will feel happy and have butterflues in your stomach. You will start to care what the person thinks of you and you will want to spend every second with the person. You can't get your mind off of the one and you will imagine how your life would look if you were together. You might feel a little nervous around the person as well.
Anonymous
In my experience, I have found that love is unique to every individual person. We all feel it in different ways. One may find that their heart is always racing and that their stomach is in knots. One may feel like they can run a marathon or perform superhuman feats. It all boils down to in those privates moments when you think of that person and you just know it. It's like a light switch is flipped on in your head and the whole world is illuminated.