I find myself thinking of people as useless and tedious. What's wrong with me?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

sharkradio
There's nothing inherently 'wrong' with that line of thinking; what has to be examined is what has lead up to this line of thinking. When I was working in customer service, I frequently found myself thinking HORRIBLE things about my customers because I was dissatisfied with my job and believed that I had no sustainable future. It's that kind of jaded apathy that breeds thoughts like this, so I think it's important to examine where you are right NOW and why these types of thoughts are cropping up.
Anonymous
Nothing is wrong with you! Sometimes people have different tolerances of certain species, and humans are no different. You could try to see from their perspectives, but I swear nothing is wrong with you.
Anonymous
This may have probably resulted into something that has happened in your past. Either someone made you feel tedious and useless or you have witnessed people who are close to you become something like this. This is all hypothetical by the way
Anonymous
Nothing is wrong with you! You're just under whelming the power of what other people can do. Sure, people can do things that might question your way of thinking, but that's what it is to be unique. Don't ever think that something is wrong with you, you're as unique as they are!
Anonymous
December 22nd, 2016 1:13am
Times of stress often reflect heavy workloads and frayed nerves. When we feel more burdened, others may appear to be doing less. Thus, it is completely natural for people to sometimes feel like others are less competent.
friendlyPerspective32
I tend to find myself thinking that too sometimes but perhaps we may just have really high expectations for other people that they cannot meet. Though we are not inherently bad, we are all humans with our own imperfections and limitations. It would be good to understand where other people are coming from first.
marvelousBlossom86
There is nothing wrong with you. People have different skills, talents, and intelligence. Maybe you just haven't seen them in their element, when they're applying these talents to be productive. Keep this in mind the next time you think of people as useless and tedious.
racheliza26
You are probably feeling disconnected from those around you. It is important to try to keep connections with people to understand them and yourself.
museofdreams
Useless? Tedious? Well... why do you feel this way? What makes you feel people are this way? Do you feel we're all boring? We just demand things of you and give nothing back? What exactly makes us any of these. There's nothing wrong with you, you just need to identify why you feel this way and trace those thoughts back to yourself; We choose how we feel about stuff, nothing's wrong with our views, but that doesn't mean they are constructive in helping others.
Anonymous
You might unconsciously be afraid of yourself being useless and tedious (due to some childhood experience where you felt that way) and you're trying to convince yourself you're productive and straight forward by comparing yourself to others, perceiving them to be useless and tedious. You can tell a lot about yourself from what you admire in other people and what you really don't like in other people. What you admire in others can tell you about qualities you wish you could improve in yourself. What you don't like in others can tell you about qualities you wish you didn't have in yourself.
CounselorMattHere
There is nothing wrong with you. We all range in our feelings towards others, however a quote that reminds me of this is " Bear in mind how others trreat you is a reflection of them and not of you." . Which brings me to question, what is there about you, that makes you feel like people are useless and tedious?
Anonymous
There is nothing wrong with you. It might be that you are more introverted and need to take time away from others to recharge enough for more interactions.
xenabeeena
Surround yourself with good people. Maybe you haven’t met the right people for you to share your life with.
CaringCat94
It's ok to feel like that. We can't always get along with everyone and sometimes even little things can irritate us. Perhaps you're not feelinf very good about yourself at the moment either?
emsydalistens
Nothing is wrong with you. You may have experienced something in the past that as made you believe people are evil. Try to overcome this by finding someone who understands you and you can get close to. Tell them how you feel and let them offer you advice and support.
Anonymous
Nothing is wrong with you. Maybe you feel that way because people have failed you in the past, or there are more than enough times where you have been hurt by them. Maybe you have found a sense of individuality that lets you stand up on your own. It is great that you have noticed your thinking about others and you have gauged the weight it imposes on you. What are you planning to do with it?
Telletots
Nothing is wrong with you, sometimes our brain plays games with us and makes us think things. Is there a reason you think this?
soulTaco29
Nothing is necessarily wrong with you (we all have jumped to conclusions on occasion.) We form opinions on most people we meet very early on. Though when our judgments are very harsh or particularly rigid, this can be detrimental to our relationships with other people (and ourselves by extension.) No-one is completely 'useless' or 'tedious' because we are all incredibly complex, multi-faceted beings. By looking for other (positive) traits in other people, we can open ourselves up to benefits that relationships with other people have. You do not have to be friends with everyone. But there are billions of people on earth, and chances are there will be someone who you will benefit from knowing.
Anonymous
If you're thinking others are useless and tedious, it might be because an event happened to you in the past or one that happened not too long ago that made you think that others are not helping and instead of positively impacting you it's making you worse if it continues.
FeelingTheSpace
While we can sometimes we overwhelmed by other people's demands, it's very important to understand what's our role in these dynamics. If I'm feeling annoyed by someone for long periods of time, a little bit of soul searching typically ends up revealing that the issue is actually within me.
juniper20
Part of depression is isolation. Whether you have a lot of friends or very little; your brain will tell you not to care about them so you can isolate yourself. You might convince yourself they're lying to you, they don't care about you, or that they are just plain annoying. You might have depression or another mental illness. See a doctor to get a diagnosis and start treatment so you will no longer think they are tedious and useless. You can be happy!
Anonymous
maybe you are too active as compared to others that’s why....the way you think the way you decide the way you work it’s all part of your body and mind....and as you know nowadays people just want easy money that can be the reason you think like this about others and nothing is wrong in that...but just don’t be rude to anyone by telling them that they are useless try and motivate them instead 😊
warmPudding59
You might be thinking in this pattern to protect yourself. Try to do some soulsearching about how you feel about being vulnerable.
Anonymous
Nothing's wrong with you. Your way of seeing things show you're having early depression. But that's okay : you're not alone and there's people here you can talk to :)
RiverOfDreams
You may need to go to the root of the cause and ask yourself why you feel this way. I'm sure you're not a terrible person and there's a good reason why you came to this conclusion, just don't be satisfied with settling for a negative conclusion if it bothers you that you ended on one. Open the discussion with yourself back up.
Ikwan777
You are likely having a cognitive distortion - an irrational thought process that often occur automatically and reinforced by certain core beliefs. Cognitive distortion could also result from unconscious adaptation to negative events.
Anonymous
Sounds like you are burnt out on the people around you . Maybe take sometime to yourself and regroup .
avamadueno22
Nothing is wrong with you. We are all entitled to our own opinions but it doesn't mean you're right or wrong. It may be because you have seen/met some people whom come off that way to you, but it is all based off of what you see and other information from there. In general though, nothing is wrong with you. If you find yourself thinking this is something you think of a lot, then it doesn't hurt to meet up with those people and maybe talk some of those things out, maybe they'd like to know. If not, I doubt it'll do any harm to anyone and I'd just let it go.
Anonymous
Well I don't know exactly what could be wrong with you but please do not be harsh on yourself. I can kindly suggest some reasons why this could bve happening. First of all , useless and tedious are absolute words, meaning you leave no room for compassion and understanding, but only judgement. You judge those people on high standards and you always look for faults and weaknesses and when you find some you can't embrace it. This could be because someone close to you, your parents maybe used to or still judge you hard. Because someone didn't taught to you how to embrace vulnerability, how to embrace human sides, someone maybe judged you hard too. Another reason could be degrading a person when truly deep down you want them to acknowledge you. Being afraid to claim it or trying to gain their ackowledgement and failing, ends in you trying to degrade all people in fear of accepting you probably would like to hang out with some of them. But the main problem is you can not love someone else with all their faults and wekanesses without loving yourself. So please think how hard or not you judge yourself. Think if you project on other people feelings and emotions you hide inside you. Judging so hard means someone taught you this way. It could also mean someone treated you this way. Whatever it id, please work with yourself to find some happiness. Acceptance and understanding towards you and others takes a long time, but it is 100% possible. Best wishes from me :)
FlintWolf
I don't think anything is wrong with you, but maybe the way you're framing how others have contributed to your own well being. The guy who changes my tires might have no teeth and no education, but he's there for me to change them whenever i need. Just because he's not as good at something as I am doesn't mean he's useless. As far as intellectual stimulation goes, it's always a good idea to turn off the TV and the cell phone to reevaluate ourselves, then have a good cry to come to terms with our faith, spirituality, philosophies and moral principals.