How can I talk to people normally?

How can I talk to people normally?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

Anonymous
Just be yourself. Have some trust to whoever you're speaking too. They might be as anxious as you are, but you've got to keep up with the conversation.
Anonymous
when you think about this question remember your overthinking just talk like you normally would to anybody remember to be yourself and everything will go great
PerfectlyImperfect9090
Just don't think they are people, imagine they are your favourite chocolate or anyother thing that you love or just remember that they are not going to judge you because they are chocolate and chocolate never judges, you can speak out your heart, say what you want to say and chocolate will still love you.
Anonymous
Just be confident. Fake it till you make it! Try and pretend you know what you're doing. If this scares you, just remember everyone else is faking too.
MonMon
I think "normal" is a really superficial term. Because what's actually normal? If your friends are okay with you being all crazy then it's totally okay! But yes sure - what to do if you are around strangers? Don't rush anything - never ever. Figure out whether you feel comfortable around these people and stay close to your friends if you feel like this is helping you. Always remember - you can't get along with everyone.
Anonymous
Speak like you talk to your self, don't think anyone will ignoring you. It will make you nervous. So just relax
AlwaysAndForever1
First, take a deep breath and focus on eye contact and body posture, but not to a self conscious level. Exhale slowly, smile, and listen to what they have to say.
Anonymous
treating your mother in law as you treat your own mom is the best advice yo you... if you are good to your mother in law your wife will be good with your mom... Remember you Get what you Give
brightPink57
As if they were your best friend that you knew from kindergarten. You are amazing, and I promise that it is nothing to worry about.
Anonymous
You talk. You mess up. You learn. You talk. You mess up. You learn. I mean, you gotta practice. A lot. Eventually, after you've talked so many times, you would've learnt how to talk to most people. That's how you become more "normal" talker, i.e. you have a much better idea of, what to talk about, with whom, in what manner, etc. Be confident, smile and keep talking.
PhoenixFoxTail
Just be yourself. If others can't accept who you are for you, you're probably not going to benefit from them. Try finding others that can and will accept who you are. :)
friendlyField9768
I find that I get anxious if I know I have to talk to someone and there are no time or place boundaries. I find it helps if I choose the place and limit the time by imposing constraints on the length of time that the chat lasts. Constraints can be imposed by telling the other person that you have an appointment in let's say 10 minutes but can talk for a while. With time you will learn to get more confident but this takes time. Stick to it.
peacefulPlace
I dont like the word normal, i dont think it fits i mean what is it to be normak after all what giod does it do you in the end anyway?
BabyKirby
Be yourself and try to find common ground with other people. It can be as simple as the weather or a favorite novel
Anonymous
Talk to people as you are. Everyone has a different normal. It's not about finding a way to talk differently it's about talking about the same things you care about it he same way you always have. It's just about finding the right people to do this with. Normal is a formality Alice in Wonderland quotes that they are all mad there but then again all the best people are. Don't change how you talk to people learn to appreciate your unique characteristics and views because you are worthy.
caterina9999
There's no such a thing as normality. As long as you're not hurting anyone (including yourself - by, for example, opening up to people you don't know well and could betray your trust) you're fine. Everyone has their own way of dealing with other people - and they're all good ways. Just be yourself.
xxaspietransstephxx
Just be myself and try to help others and put myself in their shoes and try to be a good listener and directvthem to appropriate help when needed and be kind a respectful
Piglett
I think there isn't any one way to talk "normally". You do you, talk about the things you're interested in, and you'll be more likely to attract like-minded individuals.
lifewarrior19
just be yourself , you can start normal conversations by talking to random people normally , it doesn't have to be something particular you just have to find something in common to speak about!
Anonymous
You have to make yourself feel comfortable around people, calm yourself and let yourself go in order to relax and speak comfortably.
Anonymous
I've got an ice breaker for you. You should just say "hello". People love to talk about themselves. Ask people about their hobbies their interests. Smile at people and look them in the eye.
Anonymous
Starting conversations can be hard, but it's easier when you don't even think about it and you just do it. You could regret it later, or you couldn't. That's how I met my best friend! Just one random comment and we became best friends haha
Anonymous - Expert in Anxiety
I always thought I was the one who made things awkward- it turns out life is awkward! I have learned to embrace that awkward and roll with it. Feeling uncomfortable is a chance for us to make connections we never thought we could. Take the risk- say 'hello' even if it feels really cliche. Most people are more open than you think :)
beautyinthestruggle
Just think of them as 'people' don't overrate the whole situation and know your self worth and always keep in mind that you aren't any less than them. Be yourself as well.
ladycat946
You could tell to yourself its not a big deal, and if that person doesn't get you, maybe you are better off without. You can imagine you are talking to your best friend or one of your family member. I think you just have to not being hard on yourself. :)
LiveLaughHaveFun
Start by saying hello how you doin? and everything will come after that, its too easy to start a conversation with anyone but the fear inside make it looks difficult.
Anonymous
Just be less conscious of yourself, relax more, don't tense up or concentrate too much on what you're going to say next. Casual conversation should be something relaxed and easy like breathing in and out. Recognize that you don't always have to say something, sometimes nodding and saying 'uh-huh' is enough. Forcing yourself to say something meaningful every time will seem forced, and people will tend to be more uncomfortable around you. So be natural, relax more, and go with the flow; input when you feel like you really have something to say. You can do it!
angellove2349
Just be yourself don't try to impress them
Anonymous
To me, a conversation is a two party affair -- each person is elaborating and adding to what the other has to say.
Anonymous
I would just walk up to someone and start a normal conversation of "hi, how are you doing today?"