How can I talk to people normally?

How can I talk to people normally?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

Anonymous
Just be yourself and be happy to be you. Practice on you confidence and the rest will follow always be proud that you made that effort. And gave it a try. Each time is an achievement.
Anonymous
Be yourself at all times. Just start a conversation with somebody about what's on your mind and chances are you will be having a normal conversation.
Blueberry28061990
By just being yourself , You don't need to change for anyone's opinion or just for any person at general.. Best wishes...
tatterhood
I guess in my experience there is no "normal." We've all got weird little neuroses and buried traumas, and we *definitely* all have awkward moments. Or days. Or years. And that's okay. One other thing that's really helped me: you worry way less about what other people think of you when you realize they're worrying the exact same thing about you. (And I guarantee you--most of us, at some point, are.)
Anonymous
I can only talk to people normally only and when I am honest and true with myself. I can only accept other as much as I accept myself.
Anonymous
Be yourself! Don't overthink things, don't try to hype yourself up, just listen and respond when relevant. Ask questions and be more interested than trying to make yourself interesting.
anxiousDork12
Talk to them in whatever way makes you comfortable! There is no 'normal' when you talk to someone.
Anonymous
You need to be calm. No need to rush things! Just say hello, and maybe talk about something that you share, for example, if somebody likes the same TV show as you do, there you go, you start a conversation!
TranquilMoonlight
Because English isn't my first language (as a matter of fact, I didn't even know my alphabet by the first day of second grade), I had problems making social connections outside of my family for many years as a child. My experiences stayed with me and troubled me well into my teenage and young adult years. It was only once I gave in to the bitterness and stopped caring what others thought of me that I finally started making true friends. I was probably a bit defensive and rude in the beginning, but at least I was finally being honest and stopped allowing how other people may judge me to stop me from being myself. I remember being so surprised by the irony: when I was trying to "fit in" or do what I thought people wanted from me, they ignored me. But when I stopped filtering all my words and became what I considered to be unappealing, that was when people first started showing interest in me as a person. My experiences taught me that my perception of other people saw me may not always be correct, and regardless, isn't that important. Be who you are and keep in mind that that's all you can be. It's the best thing anyone can do for themselves. Be who you are, and the people that accept you will come to you naturally. Keep in mind also that it's okay for someone not to accept you; just because they didn't, doesn't mean someone else won't.
SquishyRaspberries
Realize that most people are more concerned about how they look to you than how you look to them. Be polite, obviously, but don't worry too much about coming off as "weird". If you're overly shy in conversation, it comes off stranger and more awkward than if you speak to somebody openly and confidently. You don't have to strike up a conversation with everyone you meet; start with people you know well, such as friends, family members, etc., and move on to acquaintances, coworkers/classmates, and eventually strangers if you feel the need to. Confidence in conversation isn't something that develops overnight, but it can be gained. All you need to do to start is acknowledge that "normal" doesn't exist.
mintybunny
That depends on what you think is normal. You may be incapable of fitting your own definition of normal, but you might fit someone else's.
marilovesatari
what's weird is NOT looking someone in the eye. Make sure you look them in the eye when talking. 123
wintersoldier59
August 3rd, 2016 4:19am
Just be yourself. You don't have to pretend someone you're not. All you have to do is say hi and ask a simple question like "how are you" and other ice breakers.
freshFriend18
Hello. how are you whats new -all are good introduction to a conversation that hopefully goes well and when you say normal - what is normal - who knows nothing is really normal =we are all a little abnormal
Anonymous
Body language- smile, eye contact, laugh because life needs to be lived. Ask questions, this always sparks honest conversation
Anonymous
Listen to the people. Give them time to think about their situation. Give them proper responses so that they think you understand their situation and you empathise not sympathise with them.
Anonymous
Just be yourself. Go up and have a conversation about how beautiful it is outside. Just have fun with it.
LonelyAngels
Normally? Dear there are no standard way of talking or chatting with people in an informal talk but in any aspect. You can do anything if u have a confidence within urself. Just believe in yourself and be yourself!:)
TheLuckyFox
It can be really easy to feel like we aren't normal, especially when we have so many things trying to tell us what normal is like television and magazine ads! The most important part of being normal is remembering that it's ironically abnormality that makes us so normal. Practicing social skills in nearly-anonymous ways can make for an excellent training opportunity! Perhaps you can try starting conversations with strangers, like someone on the bus or at the grocery store. This can help you feel more comfortable with your talking skills in the future.
AboveAndBelow
Practice is a good thing to do. If you're not used to social interaction and feel like you can't talk to people properly, you could always talk to people you feel are close to you and won't make fun of you if you say something unusual (like your family) and see the way they speak an use it to understand and develop your own speech
Psychiatrist101
Yes I can, such as just treating that person with respect and dignity just I've promised before I signed up.
lovingLynx89
With a big smile on your face and only thinking on what you want to say. Focus on the message not on you. This will help a lot!
Anonymous
You can talk to people normally by just being yourself and talk about things you love to do and find things in common.
HopieRemi
Well before we can do that, I guess we should define what you mean by normally? What is talking normally sound like for you? What causes you to be unable to do so? Once you have identified these two then you can begin to set goals to doing this.
Anonymous
Just start up with a friendly conversation a simple hi should do the trick to start a great friendship
Quadzii
Start off by telling me what the heck is normal? If you're different - great! But if you're just feeling awkward and uncomfortable, maybe you're not in the right company?
Anonymous
Relax be yourself don't be critical of yourself or someone else for having flaws practice conversation in the mirror
Wuyan70
Just be yourself, don't be afraid and try to talk with yourself in the mirror to build you confidence.
Anonymous
when you want to talk normally. make sure you have a common interest to share in. you listen more then talk. agree with the same topic to avoid debates .
SmythX
Well it's a common misconception that talking to people is difficult, or making new friends...Technically it doesn't make any sense...You just need confidence, and a good soul. Always ready for a quick response, and that's treated as normal, Don't be afraid, don't be shy...Just say the thing you have to say, Cheers!