Why do I get anxious when my boyfriend goes out?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psicoterapeuta psychotherapist psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

heatherishere64
You can be anxious for numerous reasons, but don't worry about it too much. You can be anxious because of a possibility of him cheating on you, or if he is doing something dangerous. It can be any circumstance. But if he seems to enjoy and love you don't worry about it!
warmLove39
I believe you are just worried something might happen to him. Do not worry its completely normal! maybe talk to him about how you feel
taciturnessence
Sometimes we let all of our confidence in one person in particular, we evaluate them higher than they do us, I mean we extent to a point were we see something and star to imagine what would it be if we have seen it with that person for example, and that's okay to the point in which we don't confuse or own individuality, we have to keep clear where all of that confidence in one person can harm us, because sometimes something they do, as looking for their own wellness can affect us very badly even if that wasn't the intention, we have to keep our minds in ourselfs and not to let it escape into someone else's decision.
Suilaruin
You could be anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you care very much about him. Anxiety is cruel and can play on people's most Sensitive feelings.
CrashListens
Sometimes, we feel paranoid about our significant others meeting other people, which may be what's causing the anxiety that many people get. It's okay to feel like this, and maybe to make yourself feel a little better about it, you could talk to him about how you feel to get reassurance. :)
RomanticJ
If you love someone, you should trust him. But sometimes we can't help it and some disturbing thoughts cross our minds. What if my boyfriend meets another girl and likes her. That has happened many times before so I really get anxious when my boyfriend goes out especially to meet with friends.
iouty
December 23rd, 2015 2:43pm
You could get anxious when your boyfriend goes out because you could have trust issues. it is also possible that you are struggling with having too much time on your hands. It also depends on what activity your boyfriend is taking part in. i.e is there alcohol or drugs involved?
kindhearted29
Anxiety and fear are closely related. Is there something you fear will happen when he goes out? Does his behavior change towards you before or after he leaves?
Anonymous
It is because you fear that he may go out and meet someone who is much better and fall in love. Which is not true, there is a reason why he loves you and is dating you.
Anonymous
You care too much or you are thinking too much, you worry if something is going wrong and you should talk to him about it so you feel at ease.
radiantFlute19
If you have ever been in a unfaithful relationship, or have ever been put in a situation where you trusted someone, and it back fires, that can cause you to feel this way.
magnificentBeauty56
Anxiety is an awful thing. When your boyfriend goes out you may have a fear that he is going out to cheat on you which is not the case!
gForce
I don't know, Why do you get anxious when your boyfriend goes out? Think about it. I Don't have all the answers I can't read your mind.
CaringJoy
Anxiety is a fear of the unknown therefore in this scenario a person gets anxious because they might have a fear that something bad will happen to their boyfriend or they might have trust issues and think their boyfriend is being unfaithful.
It could be due to previous bad experience that triggers the anxiousness. It good to find a way to deal with the previous trauma's because it might effect the relationship you have now if you don't.
cscooldod2g
Sometimes people get anxious when their boyfriend goes out because they haven't developed enough trust with that person. They don't believe that they will be where they say they will be, or that they are going to cheat on them. This is unhealthy in a relationship and it is important to build up trust, even with the small things.
PracticalMaple
because you care for him. If you don't 100% trust him then it will make it harder to deal with. Speak to him about it, im sure he will reassure you and let you know he wouldn't do anything to betray your trust
Divisionjoy17
You probably get jealous when your boyfriend goes out because you care about him, you are protective over keeping him therefore you wouldn't want to think anything would happen to him/he would do something to jeopardise the relationship. Feeling anxiety about this sounds quite normal.
Anonymous
You probably get anxious b/c you don't know what he's going to do while he's out. I know I always feel like that when my boyfriend goes out.
nightchanges
It's because you are nervous about him, you don't want him away from you it's because either you don't want to lonly or you care too much for him.
Anonymous
You seem to have an issue with jealousy. Talk with your boyfriend about how his going out makes you feel. He may be understanding and keep in touch more.
Anonymous
Because you get worried about him. Possibly because of how you care about him and want to make sure he's safe
Danbo
Well I honestly think it has to do with the fact that you dont trust your boyfriend not to fraternize with other people Dont worry we all do it!
clh2os
Perhaps you have unresolved issues from past relationships. Or even you doubt your own self worth. Write a list of the things you feel or what about his evenings out make you anxious. Then maybe you can find the root of the feelings then address it with him. Communicaton is key
sankara7
you think he is seeing someone else? did you ask him where he is going; or does he tell you where ...
ManCho28
It could be so because you dunt trust him completely. It's alright though just learn to trust it is never easy but just try
Stevesoundboard
There can be several reasons. Personal experiences, such as infidelity in the past, can cloud your judgement, and cause you to project those feelings on to a new partner, regardless of how they have treated you. In addition, personal feeling such as fear or personal insecurities, also could cause this.
Miracle
In order to find the answer to that question you may have to examine your current fears and past experiences. For example has this boyfriend or an ex cheated on you when they have been out. Are tut feeling abandoned or ignored when he leaves? Are you afraid he may come to harm?
NachtHexen
You get anxious because you believe he is cheating on you. Which is a perfectly natural reaction....
Anonymous
It's hard for me to trust men at times. Seems as if I break the boldness of myself and anchor through something good. The anxiety of having a boyfriend go out while with me, stresses me out as if what he would find in the world. As a past experience, the taunting of truth and lies conquered my heart and I never loved again. It tells me that, as a man dates a woman, there is always going to be anxiety within myself.