Should I go back to him/her?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

knickknacks
You should if that's what your heart tells you to. Going back to a person after a break up is a really hard and really brave choice. It means that you are strong enough to try love again after being hurt or whatever reason it is. If you feel that you dont want to lose that person, go back and try to work your relationship. Love is sweeter the second time around, right?
Iremay
I see relationships like books. You read someone and at the end you learn someone. Ask yourself if you would read a book all over again despite you know what's inside, then make your choice.
TheYellowPineapple
There is no right answer to this question. Not from other people. Do you love them? Why did you leave them? Can you trust them? Did you enjoy being with them? If the answer to any one of these is 'no' then you've answered your own question
Anonymous
It is really up to you, what do you feel for him/her. will him/her makes you happy? ask our own self if this is worth living with.
Anonymous
before going back work on yourself, better yourself, do things for you, if after that you need to go back go back, but always put yourself first
heartfulSpring84
Going back to him or her will only make this worse...You worked so hard to got over him/her and going back to them will only take you back to the starting point and all that effort would be lost!
Anonymous
Ive had my own people's I have learned the hard way if you truly love this person you should fight to keep him/her.
BountifulLove
If you ended the relationship it’s for a reason. That means that there has to be an even better reason for you to go back to that person. You can love someone in spite of their flaws but if they are not good to you or for you then you are probably better off without them in your life. You should always have your best interest in mind and a person that truly loves you will as well, and I think that is very important in a relationship. For a successful and loving relationship you should both want what is best for each other, and if the person you were with doesn’t feel that way and they are always looking out for themselves without considering you then you are better off without them in your life. Everyone deserves to be in a happy and healthy relationship that helps them grow personally, emotionally, academically, professionally and spiritually. Love yourself enough to be with someone that loves and respects you just as much if not more!
Anonymous
No, probably not. it may feel good to go back to them now but soon you will remember why you left and it will hurt
peacefulWaves54
You should only go back if you want to! Listen to your heart only you know what best for you! No one else can tell you what to do!
Anonymous
Sit and just think about everything that you went through. Did you feel loved in that relationship. Dih he/she took care of you the way you did with him/her? Think if it's worth getting hurt one more time.
Letshelpeveryone
No
Anonymous
if two people were meant for each other they will always find their way together no matter how far they are,
Anonymous
That is a personal question, in which you have to balance both the pros and cons of going back to that individual. Good luck with it 😊
SupportiveSockMonkey
It all depends on the situation in why you broke up. From not knowing the situation it's difficult to say but if this was me I would weigh up the pros and cons of the situation. Sit down and talk with them, I wouldn't go back if there was a chance of me being in harm's way.
Muskansodhi24
Only if he/she is genuinely trying to get back to you but not everytime. Always remember your self worth.
heavenlyTree33
No, i want to, but i shouldnt. life is change, and change only moves forward. Not backward. Such is life
comfortingHug37
if this person isn't treating you like you're suppose to be treated then they aren't worth it, you deserve to be treated wonderful and loved.
BubblyDoll
Honey, we can't answer that without knowing more about you. Plus we cannot give you advices as they can be harmful for you. Only you know yourself and would know what to do.
Tomisalwayshere
I would not go back to him/her, try to forget about then and then try to move on. Try to keep occupied with friends and family and then this person will slip out of your mind subconsciously!
Brittneym101
Depending on the situation it's hard to say whether or not you should go back to him/her. Let your heart and mind make that decision, nobody else. After all it is your life and your decision so just do what you feel like is best for you.
Anonymous
Depends how things ended. I would say no because better things are yet to come but if it feels right to you to go back then do what makes you happy. Just know if things don't work out it's not the end of the world. It just wasn't meant to be and you'll find the one later on in life.
nrigaud
This all depends on how it ended. If you ended due to a serious reason (abuse, fighting, etc.) then no, you should not. If you ended simply because you weren't ready for commitment or you were worried about your parents but now don't care, then I'm not going to say you should, but it might not hurt to go back to them.
Momat93
If you left a person you should first consider the reason why you seperated and think to yourself if that person will do it again how will you react to it... will it be something you want or not..
SimplyAshley
All I'm saying is, if they did something to break your heart, you don't deserve them. That's my opinion.
Depending on why are you going back to that person and what was the history behind you leaving that person.
JD821
It depends on the factors, if they lied, cheated, etc. Then no, I would never recommend that. If they truly loved you as a person and best friend, knew everything about you, fit very well, then yes. I would consider it, but the thing is you need to go into the relationship and truly see if the match is genuine, don't go back if there aren't any mutual feelings there.
Anonymous
No one is able to answer this for you. Only you will know what you want and what you can handle in a relationship. If this is aligned to what you want in life then go ahead, if not- reexamine.
PuppyLove13
Not if it will change you for the worse or if it will only cause you pain.. Your life is your priority, not his.. Not if he has hurt you..
Anonymous
If you think he/she really loves you and has the same feeling for you as you have for him/her, it's not a wrong decision to go back. But it's important to know that the person really has feelings for you.