Why do people hate me for no reason?

324 Answers.
Why do people hate me for no reason?
★ This question about Bullying was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.
rayofhope11
December 2nd, 2014 7:44pm

People can hate others for many reasons, jealousy is the usual cause of most hate from individuals and or groups in most cases. Others just crave the attention from others, and because they are unhappy with something in there own life and putting others down somehow makes them feel better which is never ok.

Want to better understand yourself?

Take this emotional wellness test! Less than 2 minutes.
Jadie
December 2nd, 2014 4:32pm

A lot of the time, hate arises from misunderstanding, or not knowing someone well enough yet and forming judgements instead of getting to know them better.

Anonymous
January 22nd, 2018 6:05pm

Looking for answers on the internet...we've all been there. I just want you to know you don't have to figure this out on your own. I know this might not be something you want to discuss with your friends or family, but if you join this site you can get free, anonymous support from trained listeners and a huge support community. Nobody is here to judge.
Create account to explore

CalmAndRelax
December 2nd, 2014 3:51pm

They do not hate you, trust me love. People need a reason to hate, and hate is a very strong word. So I wouldn't understand why people would just hate you, I'm sure they don't, you're just putting these thoughts in your head. And to support you, I don't hate you! :) Take care, honey.

wolfanna

I think why most people "hate" a particular individual for no reason is because they don't understand who you are completely, like if you look different or act different then what society wants. People don't like who they can't understand.

Why do people hate me?

janusheva

Hating someone for no reason according to me is not having better to do in life, maybe it's because they don't have something that you have etc. You should try to avoid those people who hate you and try to meet new people who will appreciate you for who you are.

MrMeNr1

If people hate you for no reason then it is because they're jealous and you yourself are too awesome for them

Anonymous
December 2nd, 2014 10:59pm

You have a perception of how people view yourself. However, you cannot control how others feel about you. The only thing you can control is how you feel. Do not let other peoples' opinions on yourself change the way you view yourself.

HumIlityTurnsMenToAngels

Because they dont know who you really are, and people have always had the problem of hating what they dont know

Anonymous
August 2nd, 2015 4:17pm

I have had people hate me for no reason in the past and, as much as I don't like to admit it, I have hated people for no reason when I was younger as well. I feel like everyone does it for a different reason to be honest. I personally did it because I felt like I was better than others at the time. Although, I also feel like I hadn't been through enough in my life to learn how much you can really hurt someone by hating on them for no reason. Once I became a loner and started feeling lonely and my mom's health got worse and I struggled more and more in life, I witnessed pain and how it can really effect someone in a negative way. If anyone hates you for no reason, they usually haven't experienced enough of pain in life to realize how it can effect others. therefore, they don't realize how their hatred towards you can be very impactful. To put it in its simplest form, they haven't grown up yet.

Kitten175

There can be several reasons. They can be jealous of something you have but they don't. They never talked to you but judge you from things they heard about you. You wear something that might not fit in their opinion. Maybe you don't look like they would like you to look. In my opinion, if everyone likes you, you do something wrong. I mean, we try to impress people with our clothes, our body, make-up, new stuff we buy. Never try to impress people that aren't worth it. Never change for a person just to fit in or to have friends. Real friends like you the way you are. It can be hard to be yourself and go your own way in a world full of judgemental people. But if you go your own way and haters don't bother you, then my dear, you do everything right! Laura x

Emily619

People hate you for no reason because they are closed-minded, and judgemental. They go by stereotypes, and not who you truly are. You are truly an amazing person, and not everyone hates you. If you ever need support, feel free to message me, or any other listener. We are here for you anytime we need you :)

Selfbeliever

Don't talk about yourself very much at all when you talk to people. Make believe that you are talking to the most interesting person in the world (every time), hang on to what they say and ask questions about what they tell you. The secret to getting people to like you is to take interest in them. Ask them about their day, particularly what they've been doing the last few hours, their work, their interests. You don't get people to like you by talking about yourself. But this is a skill you must work on and it's a process.

fixyou
December 2nd, 2014 2:13pm

I have also asked the same question to myself over yeats and the answer to this is that they dont really hate you. They hate themselves really. And they are scared of this self hatred and project it towards you. But look at the big picture and you will find that those people will hardly matter in your life in long run

Anonymous

A lot of people feel this way. There are times where some people have difficulties expressing their emotions, so it may come off as they hate you. Keep your head up and stay strong.

JovialOne

People would hate you for reason because you have a magic wand and they are jealous of that magic wand.

joeherewithhugs

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!

Aurelius735

Because they need attention. What haters are most afraid of is silence. They feel their existence when they know that you heard their voice. So don’t talk back or argue with them. They would only get more excited. Don’t try to reason with them. Don’t. Even. They won’t bother listening. They just need your response to know that someone actually cares about what they think or what they have to say.

its10az

They are probably jealous of you and dying to be like you, so they feel like they can hate on you instead.

illusionspark

Some people are just jealous of your awesomeness. It's important to ignore these jerks and get a move on. Not everyone hates you. Embrace your you-ness!

BenThereB4

Some people hate others in order to make themselves feel above you. When a person is below you it can give some people a sense of power. You are who you choose to be and if you are being hated on, there is always a reason, a stupid reason that they wont admit but a reason nonetheless. Your most powerful weapon is to not be bothered by it. Embrace it and live your life the way you want.

MostColorfulHello

A closely related problem is when someone is part of a social group, either one they've been in for a while, or which they've recently joined, and feel like their friends are indifferent to them or tend to ignore them.

divinemind

Many people don't hate others it could be from jealousy.Many people feel jealous if you have something they don't have. Instead of being positive and happy for you they decide they want to beat you down and make you suffer just like they have to.

ButterflyAri

Theyre just weird, you already know its for no reason. So just do your best to surround yourself with people who like you and ignore those who hate you for no reason, Lots of love to whoever feels this way (I used to feel like this a lot too)

Crest

Because society likes to surround you with idiots, way too often. The simplest thing to do is ignore their invalid opinions.

brightVision66

No one hates you for no reason. If they hate you, it's normally because they are jealous because you have something they don't.

Sp00nman

They dont. People in general can be cruel. If they are cruel to you, then I suggest changing who you are around. Do not put yourself in this situation. You don't deserve it.

DianaLouise

There could be a lot of reasons, I think I've experienced most of them. People could dislike you because they're jealous or insecure. Maybe deep down they think you're better than them, more attractive, happier, or have something they want. Another reason could be because there's a misunderstanding. Maybe one day you were staring into space and they thought you were giving them a nasty look. Maybe there is an issue because of a misunderstanding or a rumor. No matter the reason, understand that it is not your fault.

Anonymous

People hate me because I think they are jealous! I think its crazy for someone to hate you when they have real self esteem issues andthey take that out on everyonelse and that's shame.

Anonymous

Some people dont accept that everybody is different, and try to avoid others or treat them bad. Even the smallest things like the clothes you wear or music you listen make some people deslike you.

Anonymous

Hey dont hate you, they have many thoughts about your life and they think that your life is so perfect, whrn you only want to fall, they dont know you, but they think that you dont deserve all the "good things" you have

lafleursauvage

It is actually rare for anyone to hate you. Hate is a strong word. To hate someone for no reason is even more rare. Always remember that everything we think and every opinion we formulate in our heads is all the product of our own perceptions and experiences. However, sometimes, people are just mean and do not know how to handle their emotions or how to express them in a dignified manner, which leads to people getting hurt.

mangocat24

Sometimes people are just unusually cruel. This can be because they have a bad home life, or their own insecurity or mental health problems.

OrangeMarmaIade

People often look for something or in this case someone who is either doing better or worse than them to direct their anger towards. When they pick on someone who is better than them it might be so that, that person can see their point of view. They pick on someone who's doing worse than them to up their own self esteem and make the other person feel horrible.

tranquilBubbles99

They may be jealous of you or they just don't like you because of who you hangout with or because you get attention from someone they like.

NolenCrDr

I don't think people hate you. Sometimes, people say things they don't really mean. Sometimes, you may misinterpret things. If you want that feeling to go, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how awesome you are. Some people will hate you. It's normal, its natural. But you don't wake up every morning to impress them. Everyone is different and if they can't see how amazing you are, they don't deserve a place in your life.

brightPomegranate23

Some people hate other people because of their feelings towards them self. Such as if they see a part of you they dislike about them self then that could lead them showing that anger towards you, Or if they see a part of you that they wish they could be they may also show anger towards you because they are angry at them self for not being a certain way. I guess you could say this is a form of Jealousy and self-hate on their behalf.

Anonymous

Sometimes people are jealous of you or something you have. It's also possible that they were bullied.

RollingTide

We misconstrue hate for lack of knowledge of a person. What appears as no reason to one, may be some reason to another. But then again, some people just have a natural knack to hate and that is not a reflection of you, it's a reflection of a hatred within one's own person that causes them to "hate everything and everyone".

growingupgracefully

People are fickle. They invent impossible standards for you to live up to because it helps them feel better about their own insecurities. You don't have to earn their superficial praise and appreciation, because you are enough. Be yourself, love who you are because it's unique and important - and the more you love and value yourself, the more others will love and value you in return. In time, you'll find people who love you for who you are as well, and they're the only friends worth having.

Anonymous

Most of the time, how you perceive people feeling about you does not reflect on how things actually are. We are usually much more critical of ourselves than others. Remember, everyone has their own lives - usually hating other people, especially for no reason, is not something people have time for! You have a perception of how people view yourself. However, you cannot control how others feel about you. The only thing you can control is how you feel. Do not let other peoples' opinions on yourself change the way you view yourself.

Anonymous

There are three possible answers to this: 1) They don't hate you, they're just shy or thinking about their own problems. 2) They hate you because you remind them of something they don't like about themselves, or something they're afraid they might become if they don't try hard and stay vigilant. 3) It's not for no reason--you're doing something really obnoxious or treating them badly.

CariAngelica9

A lot of people hate other because they are smarter,prettier or nicer. So I think they are jealous. ;)

Anonymous

You're more attractive than them (Jealousy) You have an attribute in your character that they admire because they do not have (jealousy) Miscommunication People might not like you because of their own prejudice They don't like themselves. They don't like you because you are comfortable being you.

temporarycarla

Because you aren't like them. If someone hates you and you haven't done anything wrong, it will be because people think you have to be exactly like them because they're "are cool" and you're not, but hey! guess what? It's your life so live it however you want ;)

Anonymous

people don't hate you, it's themselves they have a problem with, and so they take it out on you. There is nothing wrong with you.

Anonymous

People need to exploit flaws of others to make them feel better about themselves. They will be mean whenever they can.

quiescentvibes

No one hates you, hate is a very strong word! Always remember not everyone is understood. With that being said you are diffrent, original. Sometimes people can't handle it! Be proud

PeachyCream

It might not be that people hate you, you're just a common outlet for misdirected anger. Sometimes a group of people will consider someone an easy target for hatred and will use you to release their negativity without even considering your feelings.

Anonymous

Some times people could be jealous of you or your situation. Other times they might feel threatened by you.

MeanBuster

Usually there is a reason. It can be appearance, how you say things, how others have been talking about you, violating social norms, or being expressively different.

HelperKaitlin

The people that hate you for no reason for matter, I've had loads of people not liking me! Smile at them, make them see you're not bothered

Anonymous

I think there's always a reason, it's just that the reason can sometimes be silly. Remember to be yourself no matter what though, and stick to your principles. Sometimes it can be hard to be yourself when people don't understand you/your personality, but continue on being yourself, even if no one understands.

Anonymous

if people hates.. thats their problem.. because they have enough time to waste thinking and dis-appreciating you... you should concentrate in cherishing yourself.. stop bothering people's review

sendinggoodvibestoyou

People often hate others because of their own insecurities, they might envy you and who you are. That person wants to be like you but cannot, so they resort to hating on you. They could be going through a tough time in their live and have to need to take out their anger on someone.

Anonymous

People in general fear what they dont understand. Therefore their misunderstanding can seem like hatred when it's really more like a reaction to fear.

HerosGlory98

Most people don't really hate you specific or on purpose. They are unhappy with themselves and try to lower their own pain or lack of confidence by degrading others.

iitharaii

because you are better than tem in every possible way and they cant be who you are

starkishere

Because we are human beings and we all have haters. We cant make everyone happy and we dont need to, we are not responsible for everyone. We all have flaws and maybe some people dont like that but that is there problem. Trying to get better is not the solution just dont live to make others happy. That is it.

Georgiebronte

They could be jealous of who I am as a person! They might of even heard untrue gossip that turned the against me

AlexHart

Pee are closed minded. They hate people who think differently because they arent as smart. People who unjustly hate people are sheep.

Recent Answers
Anonymous

Everyone hates me to be honest. I have no friends, and you would think people would bully me for being overweight but they bully me for no reason. Here's your answer: If someone hates you, its probably because you are good in their eyes and they want to make themselves better than you.

Anonymous

I feel the same as you. I can't explain why happens that, but it's real. I found majority does it, while a minority does not. That minority it's highly supportive and highly lovable with me, they are people with a golden heart. I always laugh and smile and my personality is cheerful (in spite of all the painfully experiences I've lived), and seems like some people really hate that, seems like those people lost that innocence -because painful experiences- and they resent that fact (and they have grudges), so their wound/scar is touched when they meet a person with it, and react rejecting it or trying to shutting down that light. Because innocence makes you bright (look at children). Of course it's my explanation. for what happens to me.

Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear that, I know that feeling too. Makes you feel sensitive about yourself and confused on what you did wrong to that person. I wouldn't say they hate you, though. They don't understand you. Because they barely know you, they're just assuming how you are in their point of view, right off the bat. Don't take it personal. They either don't like themselves or have life problems, taking it on people they barely know. I know life's unfair, but it could be more unfair to the person who dislikes you for no reason.

Anonymous

People bully people beacuse they see something that they like and want and don't have and try to take it from you. Jealousy is the worst type of bullying. But please stand up for yourself and for others and tell a teacher it hurts to be bullied I would know I am still bullied today and no one stands up for me and trust me it hurts.

Anonymous

people don't hate you..it's our mind who forces us to think about it :) please don't think about useless things until a person comes and tell the thing in front of you.

BlossomKitten

There is always a reason but it doesn't involve you. Hate isn't a feeling based on a person but based on the previous experiences that person had.

Anonymous

I believe there's always a reason for why people hate you. Maybe they don't hate you at all. At times, some people envy you or are jealous because of your looks or because of something you own. If you want to get to the bottom of it, you can ask them, or do some investigating.

JaketheTransguyFTM

I'm sure that they don't hate you for no reason. Some people are jeaulous or are misunderstanding of the situation.

MatthewTheMagical

You're gonna have some people who hate you. There may be a reason behind it, but there's nothing wrong with you!

Kyle1989

People will act like they hate you and mistreat you because they themselves have self hatred and/or self esteem issues. When they find someone seemingly content, but perhaps vulnerable, they will unleash the ugliness they feel. They wish they were more like the person they are preying on.

VirtualVirgo

People don't generally hate others for 'no reason'. There's almost always a reason, and it may not be something they're aware of themselves. It could be anything from the way you look, to something you've said.

HelpWisely

It is impossible for anyone to hate without a reason, it's just illogical. You may not know the reason but it is there. In life everything exists for a certain reason even if we do not understand or comprehend it.

Anonymous

may be You just asserted your power over him. You didn't do it on purpose. But you did it anyway, and it's the sort of thing we accidentally do all the time.......

lipsticklez

Try and be a positive influenceto people, you treat everyone the way you would like to be treated !!

Anonymous
April 2nd, 2016 11:08am

Because they want to feel more secure about their own feelings and they might be afraid to face their own feelings.

Anonymous

Because im doing what is right which is contrary to being te modern and cool 'it' kid they all admire

Anonymous

Sometimes we think people view us a certain way, when in reality, they do not view us that way. Perhaps talking to whomever you think feels that way about you could help :)

Anonymous

No one can hate anyone for no reason. Most likely you think they hate you but I am sure they don't. Sometimes we will think negatively of ourselves which will affect how we believe others to see us,

JoyfulForestRain

There is actually a lot of reasons people hate other people for no reason. Jealousy is a big factor. For example, somebody may be awful to you, but its only because they saw that your mom drove you to school and their mom passed away when they were young. It's still not okay to hate people for no reason, but for some people it's how they deal with their emotions. They just need to redirect their hardships and emotions on something more positive then taking it out on you. For some people it is because they don't know something or don't understand it so they judge it for being different. There are a lot of reasons, but its important that you know that it's not your fault. Their just working through their own feelings and opinions in, sadly, a negative way.

KatherineKitten

This is a very common feeling to feel, and while I don't know the details of your situation, often people "hate" somebody for little to no reason out of having a low self-esteem themselves, or out of pure jealousy. However, I can't say that people hate you in general, as most people certainly don't hate you. I am not sure if you have ever been bullied or not, but if so, it may be easy to assume that people "hate" you from past experiences, leading to misinterpretations of the actions of others that make you feel as if they dislike you. It can be a choice of words taken the wrong way, a misread facial expression, or other actions that may make you feel as if you're being rejected. Humans don't always think before they speak or act. I can understand how you are feeling, and the feeling of being rejected by seemingly everyone can just lead you to feeling lonely, as well as anxious when it comes to being in social situations; but I can assure you that not everyone you meet is going to hate you for no reason.

afriendlystranger

People don't hate you, I promise. People are cruel to those they don't understand, or think are standoffish. If people are bullying you, let someone know or stand up for yourself. You can do it! :) ~J

valfern101

Your just surrounded by the people who don't appreciate you, the problem is with people around you, not you

Caed

It's the case that many of us paint the world - and the people in it - with whatever thoughts and feelings we are experiencing in the moment. Whatever we truly feel and think about ourselves, we project that outwards and frequently have a hard time looking past the filter we've unconsciously created. It's very important, then, to constantly ask ourselves why we believe what we do, about ourselves and others. Where do these ideas come from? What do they mean about where we are in our lives? What are their roots? By doing this, we can better introspect and discover the sources of our thoughts and feelings - and doing this gives us the power to make positive change.

Abbeyy

I'm sorry love I wish I could actually know but I guess some people envy you and that's why they hate you

ItsMichelle

Some people think being disrespectful is a way to make things better or trying to say the others don't like them but truly they are hurting you and themselves for saying that.

Zohaash

Some people in this world are cruel. there will always be haters in your life, but you must ignore them and pay attention to not them but the non-haters.

Anonymous

A lot of times, people are hostile because they try to protect themselves. Many people feel that way too- a lot more than you'd think. It's an emotional protection method, but that doesn't make it right!

CK927

Because they're filled with jelousy or hate and have no understanding or concept of other's feelings or wellbeing.

reeyseelbeel05

You cannot please everyone in this world. People may hate you, judge you and say bad things towards you without even enough proof and enough reason. Always remember that, there are 8 Billion people in this world. 7, 999, 999, 999 people may hate you but there is always ONE who will always be there to protect and love you.

Speakfromheart

I belong to 'people' too but I dont hate you. People hatred is just reasonless on case of bullying. Bullying you would just make them 'better' than you but the truth is it doesn't. They are either jealous or crave attention that desperate enough to make a person suffer. I love you and so do many others out there. Think of your family, your friends and those who'd just love to be with you. Dont feel that people hate you, they just know you're better and can't handle it :)