How do I stop being jealous of others success?

Cynthia Stocker, LCSW,

My approach is direct, kind, honest & collaborative. My clients appreciate that I help them in a way that cuts through the jargon and gives clear explanations.

Zoetic
Remind yourself that you too are capable of achieving that same success. Let them be and inspiration!
PurpleKitty123
focus on your sucess and be the best you can be,because being you is going to make you happy.and know that you are amazing and great.
Anonymous
It all comes down to the energy of the emotions you’re carrying. Frowning on another person’s good fortune doesn’t feel good; therefore, it can’t be creating good things. Feeling excited for someone feels good; therefore, it can help create more good things, for you and for them.
autumnfrost
Focusing on yourself and really clarifying your goals will take your focus off others and place it back on yourself. Try to be happy for others and realize that they do not define you, and you do not define them.
Anonymous
Good question! I'm not too sure we can ever not be jealous completely. We want to be successful so naturally, when we see others being successful in the same areas we are interested in then it's natural to want what they have. Is this jealousy? Envy? Maybe it would feel better to say that we are envious since the word "jealous" tends to carry a negative connotation. I think it's fine to envy others' successes - it can be motivation for us to do better in our own lives.
EthanDefabulous
when you feel jealous about other success, remember we are all different. They have that we do not have and we have what they do not have. Life is colorful, people can do different things which are unique and special. Lets not be jealous of others success but convert it into a challenge, an inspiration, an motivation for your
Anonymous
By doing something about your own situation. As famously said; "When you gotta shoot, shoot, don't talk."
TamaHawk
Honestly, success can't be measure using one measuring device NOTHING is one size fits all... One person may be happy and feel successful just showing up and being present in their child's life everyday. While the other may find success being the CEO at a fortune 500 company. How can you stop being jealous of others success.... Find your own. Regardless to what measurer you use, just as long as you achieve your own sense of success.
VencyDinn
By being focused on your personal development and making conscious efforts to succeed personally. Instead of being a spectator of someone else, it is better you be a participator in your plans to succeed as well because your being jealous does not reduce the success of others in any way, rather it reduces your ability to be successful.
professionalRainbows11
First of all, I don't think we should feel guilty for feeling it. We've all been there, we all felt it, one time or another. It's human. But, I think this jealousy should give you strength to work on yourself, to feel occupied trying to achieve your goals, trying to improve. If you know you are doing your best, you will feel much better, and what others have or don't have, won't be much important as time goes through
MrHelpful
Everybody's success is relative. You need to focus on your passions so you can get what you want and get to the top!
Anonymous
The best way to stop being jealous of others success is to focus on your success. Being Jealous will keep you stuck.
Anonymous
try to think that everyone has their own specialization. maybe you are not good in cooking and you are so jealous of your friend who becoming a chef, but someday maybe you will have your own way of success.
Anonymous
You can stop being jealous of others success by surrounding yourself with amazing people that you can learn from and be motivated by. it helps you to find joy in the accomplishments of others instead of falling into self-centered-ness.
AmityAllecra19
I acknowledge and accept my feeling of jealousy. Then I push myself to achieve something they haven't done yet
Nicholas5353
If you are doing the best you can you have no reason to compare yourself to others:) Everyone has strengths and weaknesses... Just because you see someone succeeding in one area doesn't make them better than you. You have no reason to be jealous or compare yourself to others as long as you are giving your all at whatever it is you do:)
kindRose22
try to make little successes of your own they may not be the greatest thing on earth but at least its progress
FellowTraveler
Consider all the things you have done to achieve what you have achieve. Count how many people you have talked to about your worries and failures. Now consider that the person that makes you envious has told roughly the same number of people, and you are probably not one of them. Everyone shows a brighter, happy, more successful image of themselves to the world than what is truly accurate. In knowing that everyone struggles and fails, you might consider yourself to have accomplished quite a lot. Your value is not found in what others think of your success, or of your failures. Your value is innate from birth.
Anonymous
Strive towards your own success you shouldn't be jealous of others for their when you have the full potential to reach your own
catherine13
You stop being jealous by developing your skills and becoming a better successful person. When you become your own idea of perfection, you will never be jealous again.
YourFutureBestFriend
Remember, you are you. Know that someone, somewhere is jealous of you right now. Yup, that's right. Someone's jealous of YOU.
amazingSunshine50
By you focusing on other people's success gave you last time to work on your own success you need to learn confidence and understand you can do anything you set your mind to
Spiderman93
try and just remind yourself that you can be as successful, if not more! dont let the success of others define you!
Wenaria
Jealousy is never positive. In this case, I focus on what I do well. On my qualities. The actions of which I am proud. And I do my best to always give the best of myself.
Anonymous
Use it as motivation to do better than them and have more success than they do. Realize you may be better than they are at what you do and dwell upon the opportunity to better yourself.
itsOKimhere1
by focussing on your success.....by focussing on your success....by focussing on your success....by focussing on your success
Anonymous
Maybe try to look into what success you have, instead of trying to constantly compare it to other's success.
dancingMango368785
Start focusing on your successes. Value the things you accomplish, the smaller the task the more you can succeed at.
Anonymous
Start focusing on yourself, and changing your life choices. You'll be able to make your own success.
phenom
Appreciate the fact that not all people are the same , and believe in yourself ! theres no better feeling than convincing yourself .