Why keep living, what's the use?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

rainbowclouds91
There are so many good things in the world to live for. I couldn't possibly name them all, but here are a few examples: puppies (if you're not allergic), good food, friends who make you laugh and smile, and good books. The world is filled with good things, and sometimes it can give us the short end of the stick. But the sun must set to rise, and if you continue to see the good things in the world, then you will keep positive feelings in and negative ones out.
Anonymous
Keep living because everyone is put on this planet for a reason and you're wanted in this world. You are a great person and should live your life to the fullest and succeed.
JuniorJuniper
Imagine all the people, places and possibilities left to explore! If we choose to die, we'll miss out on all that :)
Anonymous
The use is that you have alot to live for and everything will be okay in the end! Never give up it's not the answer
strawberrySoul15
I use to think what you're thinking right now, believe me. You may think that, if you end your life, everything becomes better. Well, you're wrong. What about all the people that cared about you. What about everything you loved. Just think about it. You can make life amazing!
Anonymous
We were born to create, to give, to invent and to make the earth better place for us and for all human beings .. every single human has a significant role on the earth
Anonymous
There's always better days ahead. Even if it doesn't feel like it. You are loved and worthy of having a great life.
Nyxxae
Keep living for the chance to see the leaves slowly change from green to red to orange in the fall, the see the plants to regrow and renew themselves in the spring, to see the sun resiliently shine bright in the summer, and to watch the moon rise early in the winter casting that blue tinted light over everything. Live for the simple pleasures. Live for the chance to see another sunrise. Live for the chance to hear music. Live for the chance to see children grow. Live for the chance to taste delicious foods. Live to experience other cultures through travelling. Live to experience life in the most decadent way a human can -- by appreciating it. Live for whatever, deep down inside you, has kept you going so far. Live for whatever moves you, if nothing does, find something. Live for you, live hard and fast, or slow and gentle. Live a life that makes you happy. Live a life that makes others happy. Live the life you've always wanted to live. Live the life you haven't. It's your life, do what you want with it, but if you're asking for reasons to live, I just gave you over 10, don't you think, you could find just one?
LuculentLady83
Life is full of surprises, ups and downs but even the hardest moments are just moments, they're not going to last forever. I love the feeling I have after I've come out from a hardship and stood tall, when I look back and say I made it and the world will never be the same again because I chose to come this way, because I influenced all those around me as they watched me pick myself up off the ground and make something of myself that they can aspire to as well.
Motherofgray
You are important, there is always abuse for you in this world, and in another persons life. Your life is valuable, you have good to do, places to go, people to meet, throw yourself out there in a positive manner and you'll see what I'm talking about
Emiliesks16
Keep living for yourself. I know it has been said so many times, but things do get better in the end. It may take some time, but eventually things will get to a better place. One day, you will look back at the times when you were hurting, the times when you were struggling, and be happy that you stayed. See that even though there are bad things in life, there are also good things and beautiful things in this world. Life is both ups and downs, but if you stop now, you`ll never be able to see al the beautiful and amazing things that could and would happen in your life. It might seem hard now, but the things that you`re currently going through will make you an even stronger person. After a hurricane comes a rainbow. Live to make the world a better place. There are people around you that love you dearly, even if they might not say it all the time.
AutumnLeigh
Because you are asking, you are considering so that is the first step to healthy living! I find it difficult to imagine that I'm just thrown into this world without a cause. Perhaps try to imagine you are here for a purpose and you just haven't found it yet. Try to envision that someday you're actions will make a small change in one person that grows to affect the world. If looking ahead too far is too difficult, try taking life a day at a time or even a moment at a time if need be. Your life has purpose and please do whatever you can to find it!
MessengerOfPeace01
That's a matter of perspective. Your lifetime is limited and it can be only significant on a small range, your own atmosphere, family and friends. Being a more successful person expands the range of your significance, but at the end everyone fades and nothing remains but what we have done with our lives. So, you get to choose whether you wanna leave something behind for others or no and you choose whether you want to die feeling empty or fulfilled and satisfied.
wonderousHeart14
Otherwise you'll never know what's to come. Good things come to those who wait. Every new day gives us the opportunity to feel and experience things. As long as we're here it's never too late to accomplish our dreams. Every new day is a new chance to make a change. And if you don't do things differently you can't expect things to change. Of course we want to find happiness. Keep living to live out your purpose. EVERYONE has a purpose in life. If you don't know what yours is.. Find one. Make that your mission. No one said this was going to be easy.
StrongWithTheForce
When we go through a dark time it becomes hard for us to see the use of living. I understand that you fell hopeless right now, and maybe want to end your life, and thus you are missing all the beauties of living. If you are consistent in this feeling, I think it is best to seek professional help, maybe talk to a therapist who will be able to determine how you can overcome these hard moments of your life.
Ashiya
Living is indeed boring, but we never know what we could be doing in the future like traveling, collecting a thing you love or even trying new foods you haven't before. But if you think about it, what's the use on dying when you're alive?
AimeeYara6
Remember: it is just a bad day not a bad life - with a little help of you friends/family you will get your life back on the road. And also, you are a beautiful human being and you are doing great!
Anonymous
Keep living so you can see the sunrise, the warm oranges and precious pinks filling the awakening sky. keep living so you can look to someone you love and see a smile spread wide across their face. Keep living so one day you can see yourself in the mirror and love what you see. Keep living so you can say "I survived everything life threw at me."
planetninja
February 22nd, 2017 2:05am
Keep living because of the small things. Keep living because if you aren't alive who will feed the cat in the morning? Keep living because if you died you would never here that new music your favorite artist will release. Keep living so you can get to the season finale of your show. Keep living so you can feel the rain on your face again. Take it one day at a time, don't make a huge commitment. Say I'm going to live today because maybe if you decide to die, you'll miss a YouTube video that you'd have wanted to see. Have the courage to live and do it slowly. Give yourself one day, hell, give yourself an hour and just say- okay I'm going to give myself an hour. If It gets too much after that hour, I'll stop. I'll take a break. But someday you'll find that after that hour, you can make it to two. And then three. And then four. And then an entire day, week, month. Sure, it won't be easy but just think about all the things that you would miss if you are gone. You would never watch a sunrise again. A sunset. You would never live out one of your dreams. So start out small- give yourself an hour. Soon you may find that living won't be a burden anymore.
Anonymous
We keep living for a sense of future, to support our families and friends and to notice the little beautiful details that surround us. Ultimately yes nothing is important and I'm not going to lie and pretend that there aren't times I've also questioned the plint in living, but if you look around and see all of the things around us, weather that comes from wealth or just simple things like how green some patches of grass are, or how perfectly that rain drop falls down a window, there's always something to pick up on.
spectacularCreature82
Because the bad times will always pass, the black cloud that hangs over you will dissipate, it just takes time. Sometimes it's hard to see the good things left in life, and for many, it feels like there are none - but no matter how much has gone wrong and how you may feel you've failed yourself, it will get better - you are an important and brave and strong human, even when you feel the complete opposite.
beautifulPeace50
Because life has its sides and in order to fulfill our purpose of being alive, we get to experience both sides, the good and the bad.
BeyondEmpathy
April 22nd, 2017 1:49am
Very rarely are we warned how difficult life can be, it's challenges and unknowns. It's point it to find our reasons, purpose and sources of happiness. Unique to each of us these are what drive us to get up on cold mornings.
Anonymous
There are so many things to experience in life. One cannot simply judge life based on the past as there are many branches of roads to take. If you do not like the path you are on, make a decision and change the course. You have the power to change it, so take it!
ElephantTiger1
You have an amazing purpose in this world, you bring love to peoples lives I just know it. You are a very special person and I am proud of you for never giving up even when things get tough. Keep fighting because you are a fighter and I believe in you.
HattieMae
The "use" of living is what you make of it. You can give meaning to your life, and thats the magical part about it. You could live for watching your favourite show each week, or for caring for your pet, or for creating stuff. You can literally give yourself a reason to live, and it can be anything. So for now, if you're having a hard time finding that reason... pick something small and make it your life's purpose. Ex. Like today my life goal is to watch a Netflix episode.
ManiRose
May 3rd, 2017 1:26am
I struggle with the same issues you do, my dear. There is no meaning to life other than changing someone's life or changing the world. If you give up now, you might not change anyone's life so they can change the world, or you can change the world. Life has so many beautiful things and is filled with so many beautiful people. Stay strong.
CoffeeCatBurrito
Sometimes, it all feels futile. I find myself asking, "what's the point?", "to what end?". Leaving everything behind seems like the logical decision. But once I took several steps back, I realized there were things I could do to make everything better. That when I started to take those little steps forward, I realized I still want so many things in this life, so many things I want to do and to share.
Anonymous
There is always something to live for, no matter how small it is. The reason can range from your sibling or friend will need help with a problem to you looking forward to the new season of that show you've been watching. There is always something, or someone, to live for. You just have to find it.
Anonymous
Life is worth a lot more than you think, and I know that when you're feeling down and all over the place it's hard to see, but you can make it through and you can sort your problems out no matter how big or small they are. Life can suck at times but you can make it through, be strong, because there is a use in living, you have a whole life ahead of you, don't let that slip away from you.