Is it ok to always depend on this site when you feel down?

Jui Shankar, Ph.D

My worldview offers a systems perspective that values diverse clients and their struggles. I believe supportive and nonjudgmental therapeutic relationships empower clients.

IwasReb0rn
It's okay to rely on this site as a way of coping with how you are feeling. There are several methods that could make you feel better, keep looking or using those methods unless they are unhealthy. There is always going to be plenty of support for you over here and you know that we are here for you. If you ever feel that you are overwhelmed by your emotions I would remind you that there is professional help out there with qualified people to guide you and help you. Don't hesitate and look out for help when you need to. Or look for people to cheer you up. There's always people out there ready to give you a hand and lots of love. :-)
keinalum
I think that 7 Cups can be the closest thing you can get to a truly understanding friend in some situation. Many listeners and members even become very good frinds and help each other through their obstacles. With nothing else to depend on, 7 Cups is a great community to lean on and in some sense, our purpose as listeners is to help the person we are listening to to feel comfortable and confident when talking about their issues.
Anonymous
Yes of course! Whatever makes you feel better is perfectly ok to do! Talking to someone can be so helpful!
Anonymous
Not really, you need help from people you know. Your closest friends or friend, for example. They really do help.
AverageEverydayJake
Its always good to have some sort of escape in hard times, but I would pick something that doesn't rely on the internet or electricity all the time. That way there's less of a chance you can't access it.
comfortingchar
Actually no. Yet, it can help you eaze the pain that you feel but still you need to live in the real world. This app help you through listen to your problem
slightlyodd99
Yes, it is okay, however you should try some other method to 'bring you up' as well, because listeners aren't always available, and if the same thing is bringing you down, then for a more permanent solution, consulting with a professional would be great too
MittenKitten
It is not the best possible way. you can't be depending on anything or anyone but yourself in order to have a healthy life. But nevertheless this site is a great support and if you can't make it by yourself you still can feel better knowing that 7cups is here to support you.
KitesandHappiness
Of course. There is always somebody here who would love to share your company. Here at 7 cups of tea, you are allowed to vent as much as you like!
Anonymous
No, its better to depend on ourself first, learning to recognize the triggerring thoughts and coming up with a logical counter thought. Its just the matter of focus. Focusing on happy thoughts uplifts the mood.
Christiinee
Yes it's okay. That's what it's meant for; you can talk to people about how you feel anyday, anytime 😊
MidnightSky7
This website is better than just trying to cope alone. But there's therapists as well, and they might be able to help more considering they're professionals. However some people aren't comfortable with coming to those. Honestly, it depends on your situation. The people on this website will always be there to listen and support you.
WonderfulLlama93
Well, As much as it helps you should always try new things to get you happy again... While this site is so awesome its important you don't always try to fix your problems with it. Like any great thing don't use it too much or it wont be as great.
JainAviral
No..... Because having actual people around you helps you better..... But with so much love here.... You can always count on us ;)
AllisonPallvine
It is absolutely fine! :) We are here are trained well to be a good listener and of course we will be very happy if we could help you with your problem. Don't worry about that :)❤️
Anonymous
It is ok to seek help here, we're happy to listen to you, but you should have other coping mechanisms just in case you had an internet cut or if you have company for example.
AlexHart
You can't always rely on other people. You need to sort things out yourself sometimes otherwise you nurture over-dependence on other people which is incredibly unhealthy.
Anonymous
You can depend on it to find some people who can listen and help you in here. You can also tell them why you feel down and we'll all try our best to help anyone in need ☺️. Stay strong ❤️
FrenchThea
Of course, but it should not be your only solution ; you should try to talk to specialists, or to distract yourself.
muppetnz
September 2nd, 2016 2:09am
I personally think not, this is a great thing to depend on but not to soley depend on one thing, find other things and people that make you feel happy, branch out and explore your hobbies
Nicola2468
It's completely okay! If this website helps you when you're feeling down, then it has definitely fulfilled it's aim:) We're all here for you, and this site has so much available so whenever you do come here feeling down, we're all on hand to try and help you out as best as possible. So in answer to your question, it is perfectly okay, if this website helps you, then I definitely recommend you keep using it! I wish you all the best, and it's awesome that you're here:)
dropinanocean
I think it is definitely okay to want to talk to someone about your feelings when you're feeling down! However, if you are constantly or often feeling down, you should maybe go to a professional therapist! Having someone that listens to you can be helpful to a certain degree but if you being down is a serious problem a therapy might be a better long term solution because they can give you more professional advice on how to deal with your emotions! :)
RobRH
It is great to have a positive support network, including through this website. However it's also important to seek further help if you're feeling worse.
Countrygal92
I'm fairly new to this site but I do believe it is a great source to turn to when you're having a hard time. The thing is, this site is meant to provide us with a safe listening ear to vent to, and won't necessarily provide any solutions. While I feel this is a wonderful resource, I also strongly feel that you should have other systems of support to help you trough difficult times as well.
Anonymous
Yes and no. This site is a support site. It is important not to get dependent on anything. Depend on yourself!
WishingStar7
I think that it's good that you've found a healthy way to feel better. So yes I think that it is okay to rely on this site.
Anonymous
No, because the listeners on this site can only do so much as to help someone. Some of out rules I do not agree with, but we do have guidelines to follow. I would not say to depend on this site all the time.
Anonymous
Of course! That's why this site exists. It's aim is to help people in need of support. You can always come here and talk about anything that bothers you. That's totally okay!
Anonymous
Yeah it's perfectly fine to depend on this site when you feel down that what it's here for, it's here to try and help people,
DylanNz
This site is here to help. If talking to listeners helps when you are feeling down that is a good thing. They are always here to help.