Why do I feel so unappreciated?

Smita Joshi, BA Psychology / MA / Advanced EFT Practitioner

I am empathetic with my Clients going through emotional overwhelm and passionate in helping them. I am supportive, openminded & interactive in helping my clients.

Anonymous
Unless you love and value your own self, there is nothing much others can do to make you feel good and appreciated. Most people who lack the self confidence often feel unloved and left out, be it with friends or even their own family. In such circumstances, you often think your partner doesn’t value you, even when he/she cares for you a lot. You simply don’t see his/her love for you. Solution : Work on yourself. Increase your self-esteem. Build your confidence level. There are many ways to do this like following your passion or regular workouts and healthy lifestyle, etc. It works magic in the way you view Life and everyone around you.
Anonymous
It Is Not Okay to Feel Unappreciated Feeling unappreciated is one of the worst feelings because it is never a feeling that stems as a result of being around strange people. It is a feeling that stems from being around people you are familiar with, either family or work. I guess because you let yourself feel that way. You may not know the self-worth and unaccredited yourself which is not good. You feel that nobody appreciate your work but it is not needed unless you let someone else decide what good did you accomplish. You should learn to appreciate your work. whatever work you do is the best you did in our capability. You reward yourself for the work you did
JadeAstrid444
I have personally experienced this throughout my life. I found that in my experience it was because I felt that I had to prove that I was worthy. Once I found that loving myself and accepting myself completely that it was enough- that I myself was enough. Once I accepted that, I found that I no longer needed the approval of others. You see the reason why I felt that way was because I felt that if I was appreciated that meant I had other people's approval of my own accomplishments or contributions. I learned that I had to be my biggest fan first for my own happiness.
LoveMatters07
You think; therefore, you feel. Or, as others say it: You feel the way you think. You "feel" unappreciated because you believe that people are not acknowledging you in some way. Ultimately, beliefs and thoughts are powerful things that influence how you feel. My question for you would be, "What makes you believe that you are unappreciated?" If you have some convincing reasons why you feel this way, then that's probably why you feel unappreciated. For example, if you're someone who gives, gives, and gives to others, but get walked all over, then there's no wonder you feel unappreciated. However, if people seem to acknowledge your efforts, then there's something more going on that's making this way.
MarissaHope
I’m sorry you feel so unappreciated. A lot of people feel the same way, and that can be very hard for us, and can effect are mental health a lot. Sometimes people feel unappreciated, if they don’t get attention, or if they don’t feel seem, they may feel everything they have done, was for nothing. Even if they worked so hard for it. Again, feeling unappreciated can effect us, and sometimes are mental health can be the one causing you to feel that way, but I can tell you, I appreciate you, and everyone should be appreciated, everyone is special.
Anonymous
I had felt the exact same thing. When I analyze back I think it happened because I put in far more effort (let it be any effort, personal, professional, emotional...) than I possibly can or required. After that we feel exhausted but at that point no one will be there to hold us up right we will have to pick ourselves up. It can happen if actually we are not appreciated as well. Sometimes even when we are appreciated verbally we get the guy feeling that the appreciation is not coming from heart but rather than a social act... So in a nut shell it is a very valid point and we do emotional starved at times like this...
wishfulAngel648
Are you expressing your situation clearly? Are you looking for validation from someone other than yourself? You should know that you are your own person and you should only focus on yourself and not what others think of you. If you have an issue with someone else, you should discuss it with that person. It is important to have open communication in order to fully fix a situation. Ask yourself why do you feel so unappreciated. If you are doing everything you possibly can, then maybe there's something else you're searching for. Try discussing it to yourself and then to others.