Why do people hate me for no reason?

Why do people hate me for no reason?
★ This question about Bullying was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.

Catherine Demirdogucu, Diploma

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

Anonymous
Here's the thing, I've heard that a lot. And every time it turns out to be all in your own head. Just try to relax and go with the flow of things.
KellyCanary
More than likely, it is in your head! People tend to assume that no one likes them, when they have no idea what the other person is thinking. Not everyone is going to like us, and we just need to accept that. Loving ourselves is the most important thing.
cherishedJet13
They don't. People might hate you because they are jealous and that is way they show jealousy. It's interesting though, most bullies, bully because they are jealous of there victim.
Anonymous
Some people just dislike others for no apparent reason its not your fault, some people just need to let there anger out on hurting others
friendlyNatural39
This depends on what your "problem" is. If you identify as anything other than cisgender and heterosexual, there will always be something for people to have against you. The wrong types of Christians, for example, pay particularly close attention to, and harass, homosexual or bisexual individuals simply because the bible said that it's a sin to lay with someone of the same sex. Some react the same to transgender individuals because the bible said that "no man may wear a woman's clothing" and vice-versa. However, this doesn't mean that they're in the right for hating you. It's simply how those types of people were raised, and they know no other way to behave around you. You are beautiful in any body or any type of clothing. And, quite frankly, it's none of their business what you do with another human being.
Anonymous
Well I do not think that everybody hates you, it may be a feeling that you are getting most probably because you want everybody to like you. It is not compulsory that everybody should like you. You just to find people who will love you no matter what.
Sunshine99x
some people hate others for no apparent reason there's nothing much we can do about it , its just nature.
KittenFriend112
they are jelou of you. something about you they secretly like. and they wont admit it.and you may not belive me but its true. kids are mean and are afraid to tell you about there own insecurtites so they hate you for what amazing trait you have that they don't
zaix
they might not hate you maybe you just think they hate you and you might not be friendly enough with others for them to be friendly to you
StevensLion
I'm sure that people don't hate someone for no reason. There is always a reason as to why someone hates something/someone else. It may not be prevalent in their mind right away or they may just be hiding them, but there's reasons. Most of the time, though, those reasons are rude or not very good reasons to hate something.
Stormearth
People can hate because of many things. One of the biggest is jealousy. Don't let anyone bring you down.
Anonymous
Hate is a very strong word. However, you will come across people in your life that don't respect you for who you are. They have their own problems. You are perfect the way you are, and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.
MeggieLove4all
People don't really hate you, they are just going through their own problems that make them seem annoyed with you, or they hold some sort of disliking for you or jealousy.
Anonymous
I have experienced this same problem when I was younger and wasn't sure why I didn't have many friends, from my own personal experience I've found these feelings of others hatred are often untrue, feelings of anxiety and depression can often lead to feeling like the world is against you, just remember for every person that dislikes you there are several more that love you
Anonymous
People probably don't hate you as much as you think they do. It could be that you're just anxious about what people think, and you draw the wrong conclusions.
Anonymous
They probably don't hate you and even if they do just try talking to them. Get to know each other. Tell them how you feel. Just try and fix things.
sunbeams
I don't think someone would hate you for no reason at all. There will always be a reason why people do what they do and you have to be open-minded about it. Next time you think someone hates you, ask them why. :)
Anonymous
I am sorry to hear you are struggling with this! Sometimes people have a tendency to go with the crowd, and don't really form their own opinions. Try to stay strong and confident because no matter what people think, you are a truly AMAZING person
StraightforwardNectarine21
Because i'm earning more money and doing something constructive with my life AND my love life is great and my personality and looks.
IncredibleCupcake
From personal experience, people usually act unkindly to others when it surrounds jealousy or envy. People show hatred to those they wish they could become. If a person is liked by many people, some will act as though they hate them because they wish they had that life. If a person is isolated and feels like everyone hates them due to acts such as bullying it's usually due to the fact that they are getting a reaction from you- don't rise to the bait and let them win.
Anonymous
I'm sure people don't hate you. Hate is a very strong word! I'm sure there are even more people who love and care for you :)
AmandaTrebiano
That's not usually the case. Many people feel that other people hate them when the reality is that most people simple don't hate others for no reason. Insecurities and low self esteem can make you feel like everyone hates you but unless you actively DO something really awful to someone, they don't hate you.
leanixx
It is maybe because they are insecure. Insecure with what I have and with what I have achieved in life.
SparklyCat
They may be jealous of us. When they don't like us it's because they don't like themselves and they wish they were better than us
Anonymous
There is a reason for every action. The hate could stem from something this person wishes they had (perhaps a certain trait, may it be hair colour, or scent, or quirkiness) that you happen to have. Usually it's envy that is conveyed negatively, such that it looks like a personal hatred towards you. If I were you, I'd take it as a compliment; you have something that somebody wants!
Anonymous
no one will hate anyone for no reason, it sounds like you have some social anxiety and become self conscious of what people are thinking. I bet your a great person and everyone in fact thinks you are too, if you was a bad person and people hated you then you wouldn't be asking this question..
tranquilForever87
You feel that people hate you for no reason. Has something happened recently to make you feel this way?
Heavenlyhorizons
People always find something to bring others down. You can never please anyone. Someone's opinions change constantly. So I learned the best thing to do is just to be you. Don't try hard to get everyone to like you. The best people to have around you are the people who like you just for you. :) Be you! Stay true! It's one small step to finding yourself. Love you all! Remember you are never alone. *Hugs*
Anonymous
I'm so sorry you feel like people hate you. I don't hate you. I think you are deserving of love and healthy relationships. If you ever feel like someone is negative around you, remember that I don't hate you! We are here for you at 7 cups of tea if you ever feel like you need to talk.
Pb27
In my honest opinion, you can't hate a person for no reason and for there to be a reason, you'd have to know the person. In life, you can't always please everyone, everyone has different ways of thinking and perhaps your views may clash. It's okay. If you believe in what you do, continue. Someone hating you does not make you a bad person. Not everyone you meet will love you and it's okay to accept that. Remember that many others do love you for plenty of reasons!