I feel like life is pointless. How can I find meaning in my life?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

xxabbey
The way to find meaning in life is to give your life a meaning find the things that make you happy & give your life purpose
1SteveW
Help others! I have a lot of "life experiences" but have not shared them with many people that vould benefit from them. I would like to change that.
Anonymous
Another philosipcal question. I guess we all have meaning if we have a purpose. Find a purpose, whether it would be helping the less fortunate for example. I'd also strongly recommend therapy if you felt this way
ConnerAlexzander
Find a goal and work towards it. This goal can be anything, a happy family, a dream job, travelling the world, anything. Once you have a goal, you need to make a plan, and once you have accomplished your goal, you will find you had meaning in your life after all. If for any reason you cannot accomplish your goal, find a new one that is a step lower, then once you've done that, work up to your original if you find you still want that.
breathedeeplytalkkindly
I think finding something you enjoy doing is the key to meaning! Find what you love and explore it. Passion is the key to enjoying life. Passion for hobbies, work, and those around you.
Anonymous
February 21st, 2018 5:31pm
Find a motivation in life. Just like sportsmen, they have a goal to meet in their life, like collecting as many medals or simply just to reach the top 10 rank. First, you can find a motivation in life by knowing who you are as a person. Take your time to learn about you. Because, and I always emphasize this, you are the main character. So it is important to know what are your interests, dislikes and even your personalities and temperament. Next, find out what you really like and pursue that. Put that as your goal in life. It can be a short-term goal, like making cookies. Or a long-term want, like teaching children how to read ABCs. So, always have a goal that you wish to work towards. For me, the more challenging it is , the more adventure I get. And the more excited I become. So, understand who you are and come out with a goal. Then you will feel that your life is full of meaning, because you have achieve many milestones in life.
SAIman
February 23rd, 2018 2:52pm
By doing the things we love. we can find a whole life's happiness in one moment. so we should wait for it. and do things we care for
Engineeringhappiness
focus on what makes you happy. then do it and work towards it. you will feel better. if you are suicidal, talk to someone
Anonymous
Remember that no life is pointless. Think about all of your dreams and aspirations. Set goals, and get yourself excited for everything that you're good at.
Aryon16
Life is full of things we humans do not understand in are existing but being apart of things no one is, is living life. If you never take a look at the bigger picture then thats were you need to start. Try finding something you love to do and embrace it to the world. Life has meanings for different people and you get to decide what you life is made up of.
Anonymous
From my personal experience many times we do feel that life is pointless but we definitely have to look at ourselves and redefined who we really are. We are kind compassionate loving and yet even though we are easily misunderstood we are kind-hearted people Full of Life full of joy. One of the most important things in life is to learn more about ourselves and how to be more loving to ourselves learn to teach ourselves to be appreciative of what we do we need to stop being so hard on ourselves
Anonymous
Focusing on other people is what I find to be the biggest way to bring meaning into life. It's important to take care of yourself, but it's rare you can be truly happy without putting someone's needs before your own. It's a weird truth but it's a truth. It may seem counterproductive at first but I can promise you that helping others will bring more meaning into your life. (I personally love secret service as I get to laugh maniacally in the background as my victim tries to figure out who did all their dishes.)
colakat
Try to step out of your bubble, do something fun, find an activity that you enjoy and are good at, someday you might get money doing this!
Anonymous
Try out practicing yoga or meditation. No life is pointless. We just need to find our meaning. Try different hobbies and interests.
UniqueHero20
You can find meaning in life by simply finding things that you are grateful for. Make sure to acknowledge those things. One of them could simply be that you are grateful to have daily meals set out on the dinner table. It's easier to go through life when finding those small and simple things that make life more enjoyable.
Anonymous
Think of someone who influenced you and helped you or what kind of person you needed or had during a hard time. Go be that person for someone else.
Elliechans
By surrounding yourself with things and people that make you happy and finding positivity in everything. Life is never going to be perfect but that doesn’t mean you can find the good in most things. No one is pointless, we all have a meaning and purpose.
lifefighter1012
Find things that draw most attention to you. Find something that makes you feel good. For example i found that helping others, gave me a purpose and a meaning to this life. Its also one of the reasons i joined 7cups as a listener.
Anonymous
Trying to start with the little things, searching for hobbies, friends and/or relationships, the higher you climb, the harder you fall so finding a balance that brings you happiness should do the thing
GamerXIana
The true meaning of life is all written in the holy Bible. Read and understand it and you will understand the meaning of life
Anonymous
maybe asking myself why I am here? and start to write down my hobbies my strength based to my child or adult experience I gained from other or that I have by born and start think what I have now and What I want to be in my dream and start to have my plan and break it down one by one so that I have purpose that makes meaning to my life and to know why I'm pointless these days
Nasrz8
1) Dream about something you really need or want. (ex.get into a relationship) 2) Set a strategic (long-term) goal. (ex. To marry the one) 3) set short term goals.(ex. Get fit, read books about relationships &love..etc) 4) Monitor and follow your achievements. 5) once you achieve it, dream again and repeat the cycle.
Pumpkin74
Everyone has their own journey in life and finding the meaning of your own is a difficult task. First, ask yourself what is it that you are specifically looking for. What is the void you are trying to fill. Some people find the meaning of life in friends, family, employment and other things they accomplish. Others feel a more spiritual meaning in their existence. No matter your meaning as a whole, know you make a difference to those you love and who love you. Sometimes, love is just as big as a legacy. Good luck in your journey!
mthilliard
Life is innately pointless, that's why you have to find your own. Trial and error my friend. Find something that works for you, whether it's helping people, understanding yourself, or helping the planet, and follow through.
Skylarstorm
The meaning of life can be found in the relationship you form with others and yourself. If someone makes you happy, then make them happier. Same for yourself, do things that make you happy.
WoundSoother
June 2nd, 2018 7:02am
Setup goals in your life. Your goal could be making a difference in someone's life, becoming a better person, working hard towards your first million dollar, etc etc. Look for what you like and extract goals accordingly.
Nutellalover16
First of all: Your Life is not pointless! You matter and you’re loved! Try out new things to motivate yourself. It can be just like drinking an self made smoothie every day. Because that will keep you on the road. Or do sports. Try to workout. Or simply call a friend and watch films and do a beauty night when you’re a girl! When you’re a boy you can do a mask as well. Girls and boys are equal and to be honest, everybody loves the feeling after a Mask! Or simply do that alone and don’t care about what anybody thinks about you for some hours! Go dog walking or babysitting. Ask your neighbor if you could help them with something. You’re loved! And you have to believe that!
PinkElephantL
Volunteer your time to a cause you feel passionate about. Giving back to others is an excellent way to find meaning and purpose in your life.
TranquilDreams
Try finding new things that'll give you motivation to go onto the next day. Find something to look forward to every day. Even if it's just little things like taking walks or playing with your sibling(s).
Anonymous
Focus less on the negatives in your life or about you. Focus on the positives, even if it seems like there aren’t any. Find the best things in your life - the people, the things you enjoy, the things you look forward to. Even if you think your life is pointless, someone else won’t.