Why do I feel so unappreciated?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

Anonymous
There is always going to be someone that will respect and appreciate you, you probably just haven't met that person yet. Maybe other people do appreciate you but you don't notice it or maybe you don't show a lot of appreciation either which may result people not appreciating you back
Guidancefortheunguided
You cant search in the wrong places for this answer.. you can only ask yourself "HOW" you are feeling unappreciated. You cant find the appreciation you deserve in, or from others.. you must appreciate yourself. You are truly amazing and have infinite potential but first you must believe in yourself.
Nataleigh
If you are a very "giving" person, it doesn't take long for the recipients to forget to say "thanks"
justahelpinghand043
you feel so unappreciated because you are feeling yourself you are. what if you are just telling yourself this so everything that happens to you even if it is the smallest thing that happens you feel unappreciated. if you tell yourself you don't want to be unappreciated in subconscious part of you mind you actually want to be, we attract what we don't want .
veronicahaunani
Perhaps, because you have certain requirements in your language of feeling love, that people either do not respect, understand, agree with, or acknowledge.
shiningPanda25
Unless and until you learn to appreciate yourself, others appreciation will always fall short of bringing satisfaction. Because if we are constantly criticising ourselves ,all we see is our worst face. And if somebody appreciates, we still analyze the fault or what could have been better (albeit perfect). At times like these, You have to remember you did the best you could then. :)
benevolentHeart55
Because you feel as if no one around you cares. Everyone has a different way of showing emotions. Even you. you just need to remember that there is always one person there by your side.
TopHattedTeaMan
Because the people who are close to you feel that dont need to express how they feel about you and this in turn makes you feel a lack of appreciation for what you do.
Kateishere1
We all feel unapprechiated sometimes but that doesn't mean we are. That doesn't mean you are. There's always someone that cares and needs you. You are never alone. Sometimes people just can't show how thankful they are. That doesnt mean they arent.
JoeMarlo
This is tough but it boils down to a few plausible things, those you seek praise from might just be a bit emotionally colour blind and unable to properly express their appreciation or gratitude. It could also be that they haven't noticed your deed or are too busy to take a moment to thank you. Please believe me that the majority of the time this happens and people feel worthless or undervalued the friend, parent or co-worker is often just distracted or disengaged and do not think any less of you. Feeling under appreciated is also a slight sign of depression if it is constant and nagging. Try to do something blatantly kind perhaps and they are sure to voice their thanks and if not, it is not your fault it is theirs.
Anonymous
I feel that the work i do doesn't get appreciated by anyone and that i get looked down apon because of what i do
Anonymous
Happens all the time, it's not only you who feel unappreciated. The world is like that and just face it. And so what? what's the big deal? there is always someone who will appreciate you, you just haven't met the person.
MarkoP
Perhaps it is not in any way truly connected to the things happening around you. Look around you, see the people you are living with. Perhaps they have their own problems, their own things they need dealing with. Maybe it is just a passing things. Appreciate yourself and everything will come to its own.
sweetDew64
Because you don't talk about how you feel and tend to think people don't care about you. You need to talk about how you feel to be heard
PatientPenguin007
may be because you're in an unfair situation or that you're having a tough time believing they could.
madikaylor
December 23rd, 2015 1:32am
My family has always kind of put me down since I was a little girl. It took a long time for me to realize my self worth.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 11:52am
I feel unappreciated because I cannot appreciate myself, and I think other people respond to that accordingly. When I constantly belittle and undervalue myself I'm sending others a cue that they can do the same.
melissa2020
December 23rd, 2015 12:42pm
Because you dont value yourself as much as you should. Love yourself before you can feel loved by others.
iouty
December 23rd, 2015 2:57pm
You may feel unappreciated because you are either trying to hard to please someone and not seeing any recognition, or someone could be being a bully to you.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 5:10pm
Hey there! Thank you for asking this question. It's easy to feel unappreciated sometimes because we may feel like people aren't appreciating our efforts in something, or we aren't being given the praise we hope to receive. I recommend hanging around people who do make you feel appreciated, and make you feel happier that way you will feel more appreciated. Now If you're struggling with that, then perhaps it's time to tell people how you feel, sometimes talking can really help! Especially when you're feeling unappreciated. Good luck x
MisterHarry77
Because you're putting more effort into things than you should and you should never expect people to appreciate you... Work for yourself and appreciate yourself
Anonymous
For other people to truly appreciate you; first you have to find your value and to know that you are worth it.
Anonymous
Those people around you do not seem to be showing you their gratification for the things you are doing for them. Surround yourself with the people who accept you and appreciate you for who you are not the people who makes you feel bad about yourself
adorableKiwi50
It could be cause your depressed and you are upset and you think they dont care thats what i think!!
ashade77
People feel unappreciated when they aren't thanked enough. So remember to always say Thank You! The little things mean the most when it comes to appreciation.
salomons
Maybe because you get no appreciation. The more you depend on it the more it is a problem. If you just dont care, this is no problem at all.
CHETAN
You feel unappreciated because you expect too much. Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them. If you are doing something just for the sake of feeling appreciated then trust me you are having very low standards. You need to raise the bar. Do something because it has something to do with your very existence. Do something without expecting anything in return. When you will do that you will realize you are getting more than you need and you will be filled with gratitude.
AD20
Maybe those around you haven't realized how good of a person you are and how much they really need you.
CatieCatWhispers
January 2nd, 2016 6:34pm
Part of it may be because of how you feel about yourself. If you look down upon yourself, you are going to believe that no one appreciates you or that they think that same way about you. When you think positively about yourself, you no longer notice when someone is being unappreciative. That is one of MANY reasons why you may be feeling this way.
greatfulJoy71
January 3rd, 2016 12:14am
You may feel like this due to lack of communication with friends, talking to friends and family can help.